Importing PS4

My uncle lives in canada and often travels to the US he is a NRI I was thinking to tell him to bring me a ps4 when he will be meeting us...so I asked him about the procedure he told me that tax will be applied which is 30%, I asked him to bring it unsealed and he told me that the custom officer notice it, he gave me an example

He brought a set top box and 30% tax was applied on the box

So I am in a bit of problem.

Please tell me what's true

Thanks

Then why would he tell me that he got taxed on bringing a set top box he told me size of object matters

Yeah thats matter, and carrying PS4 means he carries an extra luggage

It will definitely be chargeable

My friend told me the same,

May be he doesn't want to take all that trouble for you.. You are not a good nephew.. :slap:

PS4 cant be brought to india unnoticed,

Carrying a mobile is a different issue.

It depends on his period of stay. If he is returning after 1 yr or so ,he can carry 75k worth items duty free(but these have to be personal used items that means unsealed). An unsealed PS4 will easily fit in any luggage .Dont need an extra luggage for that.But it will definitely eat up some space though. Also ,it is advisable to pack it in luggage bag rather than check-in bag. If you put it in check-in bag ,you have to put it out many times for scanning/checking and all.

Personal Exp:

Most of the time custom officer don't bother to even scan your luggage if it looks not too much(I mean if your cart is not overflowing with bags) . It also depends on airport and time of your arrival in India . I traveled couple of times to Delhi and Kolkata from New York . My bag never scanned in customs. They just let me go without checking .

Feel free to ask any question you may have.

Why u some much in importing

I suggest to get it.local dealer as online retail doesnt have much in discounts

See if u can bargain

Also, u get warranty if u get a unit from here

Considering the problem i encountered in.PS3 in its early launched time

That.time they replaced.it

Just advise

Archived