Dead Island

Aftrunner

Name: Dead Island

Developer: Techland

Platforms: PC/Xbox360/PS3

Release date: 2011

Dead Island sounds familiar to you, then you have a good memory. It was originally announced in 2007, but no publisher was officially attached. Techland worked on other projects in the years since, but Dead Island was slowly shuffling along in the background. Now, Deep Silver is on board, and the game seems likely to see the light of day. It's scheduled for a 2011 release on Xbox 360, PC and PS3, but no specific dates have been revealed yet.

Dead Island's concept is striking. Place players on a tropical island; surround them with zombies of varying shapes, sizes, speeds and abilities; place only found objects at their disposal; degrade their weapons over time; and set the whole adventure against a backdrop of mystery and drama. But will a first-person melee combat action game with RPG elements really work?

Release date

Description

- first-person melee combat

- 4-player coop

- weapon customization

- set on an open world tropical island

- RPG elements for character development

- hordes of gruesome zombies

General information

Dead Island combines first-person action with a heavy focus on melee combat, character development and customization of a vast array of weapons. All of these gameplay features are presented in a dark story inspired by classic zombie movies with a gritty and engrossing campaign that can be played with up to 4 players in co-op mode.

Products

Developed for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Website

http://www.deadisland.com

dead-island-2011021506m7xo.jpg

dead-island-2011021506t792.jpg

So this seems like an interesting concept. Taking the survival part of the term Survival horror quite literally.

Seems like its got great potential to be that Romero film that hasnt happened in years. Hopefully it turns out to be ok.

Kick a*s trailer BTW. Must watch.

Oh yeah and the PC version will be canceled a few months down the line.

Why would it be? They have made 3 games of note recently (Naild and 2 CoJ games) and all three of them had PC versions. And CoJ BiB was rather amazing on the PC.

Dont pass on baseless rumors from GAF. :chair:

Edit LOL its not even a rumor, just a guy who thought it would be cause its PC and Xbox only (which it aint) because it happened once to Alan Wake. O.o

saw the trailer. good, v good and omfg is that a kid (girl in pink shirt) ?? i did not know they were allowed to show violence towards children

The trailer's concept and idea were good.. but then little girl + so much blood and hacking.. oh well I guess that's just what gaming is these days... .sometimes I wonder why I'm killing people in grotesque ways in a majority of the games I play.

saw the trailer. good, v good and omfg is that a kid (girl in pink shirt) ?? i did not know they were allowed to show violence towards children

That why the trailer works....once she turns, she's no longer human.

Archived