Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Saw 'Rakta Charitra'. Brilliant movie - 9/10 IMO. Not for the weak hearted though. Can't wait to see RC2 now. RGV back with a bang.

Is this the one with Vivek Oberoi ? It was coming on one of the movie channels yesterday night AFAIR. Missed the first part so didn't bother watching the 2nd one. :P

saw dhobi ghat...liked the movie...seeing many people here did not like,slept :P ,found it boring...not sure what sort of movie they had expected...but it turned out the way i had thought it would be..the movie is bit slow no doubt...but i have enjoyed slower ones then this :P ..the stories were well told...all the characters did their job really good..and felt sad for the

suicide case

...all the people seemed really real,and at times it just felt as if i am being a voyeur and peeping right into their life.

Saw 'Rakta Charitra'. Brilliant movie - 9/10 IMO. Not for the weak hearted though. Can't wait to see RC2 now. RGV back with a bang.

i wouldnt rate it that much...rgv has made such gems like company and satya...this was quite average and at times i felt there was just too much violence,which was not necessary...its not that i got weak heart or hate blood gore,but at places i felt they overdid it just to make the movie seem bad a*s

saw dhobi ghat...liked the movie...seeing many people here did not like,slept :P ,found it boring...not sure what sort of movie they had expected...but it turned out the way i had thought it would be..the movie is bit slow no doubt...but i have enjoyed slower ones then this :P ..the stories were well told...all the characters did their job really good..and felt sad for the

suicide case

...all the people seemed really real,and at times it just felt as if i am being a voyeur and peeping right into their life.

So you like it very slow eh ? :naughty:

suicide case

:rofl: i will watch it again.this time i wont sleep midway :fear:

So you like it very slow eh ? :naughty:

yes :naughty:

i love offbeat movies ..and seeing the trailers i was expecting it on these lines only

:rofl: i will watch it again.this time i wont sleep midway :fear:

yea dont fall asleep :chair:

dont know how you felt asleep also :scratchchin: since its a short movie (wanted it to be bit longer when it ended) .

and seeing you had loved "lost in translation" which at times i found it bit drag,but still was engrossed since Scarlett Johansson :naughty: was there,and i like murray movies too..btw she was looking so sweet and cute :wub:

Edited by killzone123

Does the movie has some hanky-panky as well ? Not safe going with my folks..?

no hanky panky...and dont worry about folks..my mom went away after the first 20mins

kya bakwas hai yeh,aamir ki wife uske paise barbaad kar rahi hai <_< " ....

Hum ko bhi movie zaabardast laga...bukka reddy :majesty: ...btw RC2 is also out for quite some time....i need to watch that too.. :good:

Yeah, who's that guy....man, he's scary :samui:

The scene where he breaks the guy's leg with a gun, slowly, man....my stomach turned :samui:

Edited by Ne0

Yeah, who's that guy....man, he's scary :samui:

The scene where he breaks the guy's leg with a gun, slowly, man....my stomach turned :samui:

he is the same guy who did the role of hansa in the movie Gulal...and even in that movie he was awesome....btw this bukka reddy guy is for real...this whole movie is based on real life of some south indian politician.

i wouldnt rate it that much...rgv has made such gems like company and satya...this was quite average and at times i felt there was just too much violence,which was not necessary...its not that i got weak heart or hate blood gore,but at places i felt they overdid it just to make the movie seem bad a*s

There is a lot of blood and all that but I think RGV did that to capture the brutality of life/death in that part of the country.

Dhobi Ghaat - wtf is this sh*t ?

You can't simply put together few random events and make a movie, making an offbeat movie won't automatically mean that you are making a good movie.....there is literally NOTHING in the movie. I am one of those people who love slow paced movies so the pacing was definitely not the problem, the thing is...the movie lacked just about everything.

And PVR thought it was cool to not sync the audio and video properly and the damn movie wasn't even widescreen lol !

Edited by praveer