Final Fantasy XIII-2

Karooo

So how many of us on IVG getting the game? I preordered it.. Its Final Fantasy !!!

I was going to, but after playing the demo (fk you Kupo), reading about the ending and total SP length, I'm not dropping more than 15$ on this.

Wha... whats wrong with the sp length and ending?

Bunch of guys who completed JPN version saying SP is about 25hrs max (without sidequests)

And about the ending.. it ends with a fking 'to be continued' message

Personally I don't think its even worth 15$ but I'll just pick up for old times sake.

How is the combat? Turn based?

Its active time based, the enemy will hit you even if you don't make a move.

You attack once the active time bar fills and then wait till it fills partially or fully.

Bunch of guys who completed JPN version saying SP is about 25hrs max (without sidequests)

And about the ending.. it ends with a fking 'to be continued' message

Personally I don't think its even worth 15$ but I'll just pick up for old times sake.

Does that include a 10 hour tutorial.. lol... But yeah 25 hours too less for FF game man.

Does that include a 10 hour tutorial.. lol... But yeah 25 hours too less for FF game man.

Correction, 25hrs actually includes a lot of side stuff and probably cutscenes too. And not a single CG cutscene, which are the staple of FF series. Get ready for a barrage of costume DLCs post release (can't change costume in CG cutscene)

screw you CC <_<

Spent 2 hrs dwelling in FF wiki & got lost, I have chemistry exam tomorrow & my brain remembers more FF stuff than organic chemistry :suicide:

Also wtf no cg cutscene, how will I make my rpg hating fraands jelly?

:rant:

Yeah its on single 360 disk, but I guess thats because it doesn't have any CG stuff and not the other way round. Its also heavily compressed on 360 and you can see compression artifacts in cutscenes (PS3 version is 15GB)

Err...compression artefacts will only exist if the cutscenes are actually videos rather than real time.

But then they can have pre-rendered inengine cutscenes like FFXIII (which mixed it with a couple of CG ones).

b3e2dce8.png

e4de9a00.png

I guess some cutscenes are pre-rendered movies, probably those that don't involve playable characters so costume conflict won't occur. Those running in real-time pretty much look identical.

screw you CC <_<

Spent 2 hrs dwelling in FF wiki & got lost, I have chemistry exam tomorrow & my brain remembers more FF stuff than organic chemistry :suicide:

FF wiki? :blink:

I have read a lot of opinions of this game. Still buying the game Day 1

A Detailed review [by a neogaf mod] for those interested - http://www.rpgsite.net/reviews/349-final-fantasy-xiii2-import-review

The Game Length is 30-35 hrs [main story with no side quest] from what ive heard and seen.

WTF !! NO CG cutscene? Is this a final fantasy game? Man, i have not read anything of the game to avoid spoilers, maybe i should have :(

Dont Expect much from the story

The rest is pretty good to decent.

Even Noel is a good character.

Archived