HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

I have the regular STB not the DVR. It updated automatically.

If you want to try updating manually, try this...

Remove your adapter wire and replug

While its showing "Plz Wait Initialising" press exit twice and then 2465 quickly.

It should start updating...

Looks like u have the Kaonmedia STB. The update for that should be out by next week....

A few screenshots of the new UI...

The best part is you can now connect your own HDD to record stuff. You will need to buy a new remote control costing 450 bucks which will have the recording controls etc. The service is not yet launched but should start soon. To watch VOD you will need atleast an 8 GB pen drive....

XlHmR.jpg

ORSuC.jpg

CMK5L.jpg

9gihA.jpg

All images sourced from saveondish....

so altough Airtel copies Tata Sky UI, it still has more HD channels then Tata Sky, so it's a win win for airtel customers :P

btw ya i think i have that kanomedia STB it is still on release 2** :P

Looks like u have the Kaonmedia STB. The update for that should be out by next week....

A few screenshots of the new UI...

The best part is you can now connect your own HDD to record stuff. You will need to buy a new remote control costing 450 bucks which will have the recording controls etc. The service is not yet launched but should start soon. To watch VOD you will need atleast an 8 GB pen drive....

I tried it twice yesterday but nothing happened, did again today after reading yer success story, worked!

Repped :thumbsup:

so altough Airtel copies Tata Sky UI, it still has more HD channels then Tata Sky, so it's a win win for airtel customers :P

btw ya i think i have that kanomedia STB it is still on release 2** :P

Try 3-4 times, maybe it wud work but if it doesn't then you def have the koan thing. ;)

The worst part is ads are slowly creeping into HD channels. Guess they couldn't keep it off HD forever. The ads aren't long as SD and generally do not disturb the viewing experience, but they are coming.

Bound to happen...HD channels consume a lot of bandwidth which is extremely costly. They can't recover it all from the customers. I remember Sun TV was charging something like Rs. 7000 to show IPL in HD. They said that based on their estimates they would have to charge at least that much to break even....

Mine got updated. Looks nice and navigation is faster.

But the font is small as compared to the previous ones.

Also whats the cost of upgrading from HD setup box to HD recorder one ?

Archived