Gaming PCs

AtheK

FX 8350 vs i5 4670K?

Uses

1)Gaming

2)Video transcoding(like for e.g converting a 1080p gameplay footage vid into smaller size and flv format)

Or should i get an i7 4770k?

Will(in the future) FX 8350 have better performance than i5/i7 for gaming? I mean,Since the so called "next-gen" consoles have "8-core" processors?
"

FX 8350 vs i5 4670K?

Uses

1)Gaming

2)Video transcoding(like for e.g converting a 1080p gameplay footage vid into smaller size and flv format)

Or should i get an i7 4770k?

Will(in the future) FX 8350 have better performance than i5/i7 for gaming? I mean,Since the so called "next-gen" consoles have "8-core" processors?

How much percent of time would you be transcoding videos?

Intel Core i5 4670k is the best choice overall.

Iif the output of the transcoding is not to be of top quality you can even use the on-die iGP of the Intel processor to speed up the process via Quick Sync.

I seriously doubt the current crop of FX processors are a threat to Intel unless you plan to over-clock them to the extremes possible on a closed water loop.

How much percent of time would you be transcoding videos?

Intel Core i5 4670k is the best choice overall.

Iif the output of the transcoding is not to be of top quality you can even use the on-die iGP of the Intel processor to speed up the process via Quick Sync.

I seriously doubt the current crop of FX processors are a threat to Intel unless you plan to over-clock them to the extremes possible on a closed water loop.

Ok then,i5 4670k it is,

Are non-Modular PSU's bad for easy cable management?PSU will be Corsair GS 700 and case will be CM Storm Enforcer

should i pay 3k extra and get the TX 750M?

Are non-Modular PSU's bad for easy cable management?PSU will be Corsair GS 700 and case will be CM Storm Enforcer

should i pay 3k extra and get the TX 750M?

Avoid the Corsair GS and TX-***M series of SMP.

I would suggest the Seasonic M12II 650W or a Corsair HX series piece. Anything lesser and you are compromising on your own accord.

Suggestions for a good mouse in the 1000-1500 price range. As a matter of fact, the cheaper the better.

Current mouse : Razer DA

Reason for change : I somehow don't fancy the grip of the DA anymore, especially the right side (where 3rd and 4th finger of hand rest).

Needs : At least 2 extra buttons which can be kept pressed while mouse is used (I've map one to Shift for sprinting and hold it down most of the time).

Other info : Clawgrip, right handed

Will mostly be for FPS gaming (read Battlefield).

^^ Following,

• LOGITECH G300
  • LOGITECH G400
  • Cooler Master STORM Spawn / Xornet
  • Cooler Master STORM Recon

You can Google for reviews or head to Write for Us, I have put up articles on three of the pieces there.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Edited by ALPHA17

What is "coil whine" in PSU's? Is it bad(like,will the PSU get damaged because of it)?

It is an electrical issue, related to the topography of the SMPS / or whichever component that is generating the 'whine'.

Poor coil whine = bad SMPS design or poor Q/A and build quality in general.

Coil whine should not affect performance but might cause other issues which can be more damaging to the various components attached to the faulty equipment.

For more on coil whine, head here,

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

MSI has left India?

When did this happen? Who told you? Source?

What about A.S.S and warranty

DIGILINK last I had a run in.

Edited by ALPHA17

When did this happen? Who told you? Source?

DIGILINK last I had a run in.

Sorry i had a misunderstanding

Seems they have shifted to taiwan

but the service is still handled by Digicare

http://www.hardwarebbq.com/msi-india-re-structured-business-operations-handled-taiwan-rma-handled-digicare/

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/two-ways-to-cool-down-your-defective-overheating-intel-cpu/

this article says there is some overheating problem with Haswell and Ivy Bridge cpu's.Is it true?

I plan to OC the i5 4670k to 4.5Ghz using Asus Maximus VI Hero mobo

I will be using the CM v8 GTS cooler.Is OC'ing to 4.5ghz possible?

^^ I don't know about Haswell, although initial batch Ivy-Bridge processors did lack fluxless solder which lead to high temperatures but Intel back-tracked when it was caught with its pants down. No reports of Haswell's running super hot either, unlike what happened with Ivy-Bridge.

About over-clocking to ~4.5GHz, all depends on the silicon you get and also let me be honest that Intel processors don't over-clock very well since Sandy-Bridge due to increased binning for Turbo-Boost and 4.5GHz lies on the outer periphery of good silicon over-clocking potential. Running continuously will damage your processor no matter how effective the cooling.

What is the price of the Cooler Master V8 GTS you purchasing?

^^ I don't know about Haswell, although initial batch Ivy-Bridge processors did lack fluxless solder which lead to high temperatures but Intel back-tracked when it was caught with its pants down. No reports of Haswell's running super hot either, unlike what happened with Ivy-Bridge.

About over-clocking to ~4.5GHz, all depends on the silicon you get and also let me be honest that Intel processors don't over-clock very well since Sandy-Bridge due to increased binning for Turbo-Boost and 4.5GHz lies on the outer periphery of good silicon over-clocking potential. Running continuously will damage your processor no matter how effective the cooling.

What is the price of the Cooler Master V8 GTS you purchasing?

I am not purchasing it now.

My plan was

Buy i5/GTX 780 Rig,Run Cpu at stock speed and stock cooler for around 1 year.Then buy a v8 GTS or any good air cooler and start OC'ing

btw the v8 gts is not available here*atleast on online stores* and it is pretty expensive,so i will wait for 1 year then buy it and OC.

this will be my first gaming PC so i want to play it safe :-)

I am not purchasing it now.

My plan was

Buy i5/GTX 780 Rig,Run Cpu at stock speed and stock cooler for around 1 year.Then buy a v8 GTS or any good air cooler and start OC'ing

Okay. How expensive is it?

First gaming PC, okay.

So my trusty old HD6870 bit the dust yesterday. artifacts everywhere and a messed up screen. now I gotta buy a new GPU. want something that is mid range and is in the 15k range.

resolution is 1080p. rest of the specs are I5-2400 and 4GB of ram soon to be 8GB.

So my trusty old HD6870 bit the dust yesterday. artifacts everywhere and a messed up screen. now I gotta buy a new GPU. want something that is mid range and is in the 15k range.

resolution is 1080p. rest of the specs are I5-2400 and 4GB of ram soon to be 8GB.

You should bump up the budget a bit and go for GTX760.

You want to buy first hand only?