Company of Heroes 2

Aftrunner

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

^^^

+1 to the same question and configuration :P/>

should i buy COH now afty or anyone who has played this game?

Get it from humble bundle by paying a $ or 2 for charity and then activate on steam..can't get cheap ever..also this game was a must play remember playing it for hours on my home pc and now that i have a ps3 dnt play much on pc but will definitely buy this one..

should i buy COH now afty or anyone who has played this game?

The game is completely worth it. Before joining any of the forums I bought the game (~2007), played it, recommended it to my friends and gave ~3 -->4 free copies of the game once it started retailing at ~299/- price point.

If you are not the RTS types, get it from the ThQ Humble bundle just to support those chaps.

To play the game on high, this is the configuration --

Intel Core 2Duo E6600 OR AMD Phenom IIx4 940 (OR better)

nVidia 8800GT OR better (AMD Dx 11.0 cards do not play well with this game)

2GB OR more RAM

installation space on the hard-drive

Good set of speakers (2.1) OR headset (to enjoy one of the most EPIC soundtrack)

Now I've told you everything, go and buy the game. =P

Hope this helps, Tovarishj! (Comrade in Russian)

I just hope that Relic has improved its multi-player component of the game. CoH had a sad situation for non-NA / EU / UK players (could not even register your own profile).

Graphics wise the game can give a serious complex to most current generation FPS games churned out each year.

Will it run on my crap pc...(9500gt with 4gb ram athlon x2)??I am a big fan of coh..played each and every part with expansions..back in 2006 was the goty and will be goty again in 2013 :good:/>

^^ It shall run decently well (most settings maxed out).

@Alpha - great mate, but i am confused up between disc and retail version as i have currently slow internet [damn u airtel :rant: ].

Also can u analyze if it will run on this laptop - http://www.gadgetsguru.in/toshiba-satellite-c640-x4014-price-specification-buy-india-14300.aspx

@Alpha - great mate, but i am confused up between disc and retail version as i have currently slow internet [damn u airtel :rant:/> ].

Also can u analyze if it will run on this laptop - http://www.gadgetsguru.in/toshiba-satellite-c640-x4014-price-specification-buy-india-14300.aspx

^^ I think going for the ThQ bundle is the wiser of choices because of the value and the higher revenue that ends up in the developer / publishers pocket (which can make all the difference here).

Also because in the bundle you get all the expansion packs included, via physical retail you will be buying a piece of the entire experience.

Bad news on the last piece of information, that laptop will not be able to play the game (as I can see it).

Can you tell me what is the exact GPU the laptop carries? Go into device manager and PM me a screenshot of the Display Adapter, can pick it up from there.

@Alpha - great mate, but i am confused up between disc and retail version as i have currently slow internet [damn u airtel :rant:/> ].

COH 1 along with expansions TALES OF VALOR AND OPPOSING FRONTS size=9 gb approx...now calculate for urself..

^^ I think going for the ThQ bundle is the wiser of choices because of the value and the higher revenue that ends up in the developer / publishers pocket (which can make all the difference here).

Also because in the bundle you get all the expansion packs included, via physical retail you will be buying a piece of the entire experience.

Bad news on the last piece of information, that laptop will not be able to play the game (as I can see it).

Can you tell me what is the exact GPU the laptop carries? Go into device manager and PM me a screenshot of the Display Adapter, can pick it up from there.

I am asking whether coh 2 will work on my pc with this configuration..i have already played coh 1 on my pc..

Blueelvis_RoXXX I played coh1 with 512mb ram and 128mb gpu..so hell yes it will run on your pc.. :lol:

It says, Intel HD Graphics 3000.

the hing is my desktop doesnt have more than 1GB of ram <_</>/>/> it is crashing on adding more RAM :|

so wanted to confirm if it would work on this laptop.

^^ The game will run fine even with just a GB of RAM but load times will increase. What is the desktop's configuration?

The laptop will play the game but only at the most pedestrian of settings.

I am asking whether coh 2 will work on my pc with this configuration..i have already played coh 1 on my pc..

Blueelvis_RoXXX I played coh1 with 512mb ram and 128mb gpu..so hell yes it will run on your pc.. :lol:/>/>

^^ I played it with

A Intel Pentium D 915 (still in service)

ATi Radeon X700 128MB (in active reserve)

1GB DDR2 533MHz RAM (still in service)

80GB Maxtor Diamond Plus hard-drive (still in service)

Yeah those were the days, screw graphics, give me an excellent narrative driven single-player campaign with really good gameplay.

^^ The game will run fine even with just a GB of RAM but load times will increase. What is the desktop's configuration?

The laptop will play the game but only at the most pedestrian of settings.

^^ I played it with

A Intel Pentium D 915 (still in service)

ATi Radeon X700 128MB (in active reserve)

1GB DDR2 533MHz RAM (still in service)

80GB Maxtor Diamond Plus hard-drive (still in service)

Yeah those were the days, screw graphics, give me an excellent narrative driven single-player campaign with really good gameplay.

Yup those were the days..that computer is still in my home with 512mb ram and still running :dwarf: those were the days when farcry and halo were the best graphics that i had ever seen and cod1 was medal of honor allied assault were best games to relive ww2 and brother in arms was a very hard game..u made me remember aq lot of the good ol days :cry:

Archived