Dark Souls II

Shadoken

Great analysis from someone who hasnt even finished the game. Just say it man, no one will care. DeS was better cause it was exclusive to PS3 and if this was too you would be jumping around in this thread with excitement. :giggle:/>/>

Okay...interesting...but just tell me one thing...if i cared so much about it being on ps3...why would i order Dark souls CE PS3 edition (when the game released) ...sell the game immediately...keep the collectors item...then again after so long..even when the game was going very cheap on tp and import sites for ps3 version.....even play asia had awesome price during its sale.....i still go and buy pc version ce....i am just not understanding ...why would i do that if ps3 version was so important to me?? ...please sir...you are so intelligent ...IQ level more than Rakhi Sawant also......help me understand this...

Edited by playstation

Okay...interesting...but just tell me one thing...if i cared so much about it being on ps3...why would i order Dark souls CE PS3 edition (when the game released) ...sell the game immediately...keep the collectors item...then again after so long..even when the game was going very cheap on tp and import sites for ps3 version.....even play asia had awesome price during its sale.....i still go and buy pc version ce....i am just not understanding ...why would i do that if ps3 version was so important to me?? ...please sir...you are so intelligent ...IQ level more than Rakhi Sawant also......help me understand this...

Remind me again, was this after or before you pirated the PC version? :D

Dark Souls 2 will be helmed by new game directors who hint at a different approach. What does new direction for the game mean for fans?

OH GOD.... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!! DS was the only game that wasnt being neutered this gen.... why From , why??? This wont get you a new audience , it will just kill your old audience...

What was before or after the ahem version??...i got ps3 version just when it was released...and pc version after ahem version.

So what you are saying is that you bought the game twice and pirated it? And yet think its worse than DeS. Sure, I totally believe you. :)

So what you are saying is that you bought the game twice and pirated it? And yet think its worse than DeS. Sure, I totally believe you. :)/>

I am also looking for demon souls phantom edition and other ce version...i am not being able to find it and even if i do they are very highly priced....for me its worse than Des..but it still is a great game....thats all i got to say...now make whatever you want out of that...

Demon Souls is probably easy just run around with magic may be that's why he is favouring :D/>

:lol: you are the only person i have seen till now saying that...otherwise everyone from neogaf to here ..to my personal opinion feels Dark souls is easy than Des..now that i am about 30% in the game...i feel it is much easier than Des....initially though i felt otherwise..

Ek aur series gayi :rofl:/>/>

Kuch nahi gayi. EDGE just doesn't know how to write articles.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/08/dark-souls-ii-announced

"A press release issued after the VGA announcement explains that Dark Souls II will feature a new character and a new storyline. It will also feature a "server-based multiplayer mode." Furthermore, the press release notes that "Dark Souls II will continue a legacy of goading its passionate fan base with unrelenting challenge and suffering that are considered a hallmark of the series; while presenting new devilishly devised obstacles for players to overcome."

Official Press Release:

Hopelessness, Despair, and Impending Doom Arrives With Dark Souls II

SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 7, 2012 – Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today proudly announces that the critically acclaimed Dark Souls™ saga marches forward with Dark Souls™ II, currently in development at FromSoftware in Tokyo, Japan. Dark Souls II will continue a legacy of goading its passionate fan base with unrelenting challenge and suffering that are considered a hallmark of the series; while presenting new devilishly devised obstacles for players to overcome. Dark Souls II will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PCs.

Built upon the foundation established by Souls series creator and Dark Souls II Supervisor, Hidetaka Miyazaki with development helmed by FromSoftware Director Tomohiro Shibuya, Dark Souls II will feature a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty bosses await adventurers as they traverse through a devastated world filled with death and despair; only those who are strong willed or cunning can survive this journey to achieve great glory. Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others.

“Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series,” says Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey.”

“This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series,” says Tomohiro Shibuya, FromSoftware Director on Dark Souls II. “The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.”

We need to see what EDGE really means with accessibility when the magazine releases on the 20th. But its definitely not dumbing down the challenge of the gameplay. FROM Software have been in the business of making hardcore RPG's since 1995, they won't cater to the casual crowd now.

Edited by Params7

Kuch nahi gayi. EDGE just doesn't know how to write articles.

attract new comers to the series

beta gayi......Attract new comers means - that they want to expand their audience and for that they have to add some kind of easy or less frustrating mode :bigyellowgrin:

attract new comers to the series

beta gayi......Attract new comers means - that they want to expand their audience and for that they have to add some kind of easy or less frustrating mode :bigyellowgrin:/>

+1. agar yeh log new apprach means to attent to casual gamers...toh sach mein yeh series bhi gaya....still lets se...

f**k the new comers. Make it more brutal and dark. And you have my money.

+1. but please do add pause....please...i just died twice today because there was no pause...once to attent important call and second parents were calling for some work...sala i was right there fighting the knight with 15000 souls...gone...just because of pause button not there...

i think adding the pause button would be like giving the players some control which obviously the developers do not want. Personally I don't want it. Imagine fighting a boss and pausing midway to catch some breath or attend your gf's call. That will certainly ruin the experience. I get it that not everyone thinks like this but for the game to be a gruesome and a brutal experience the pause button has no place in the code.

comeon man....its damn frustrating....i keep getting my name called every now and then in a day by my family for some work or some call to attend.....without pause it makes me crazy...i love this game but pause i really dont think will harm the way you guys think it will....simple black pause screen will not harm for sure...the experience will still remain same imho. I am not asking to lower the difficulty etc...there are million games using pause and even games like ninja gaiden had pause...and it was difficult also but still people's experience did not seem to be affected.