HITMAN

harjas

Some impression:

1) How large are the levels?
  • Huge - The level we played was a massive, three story building, which had 3 completely different events going on in it at once. I can't say much plot wise (at all), but I can count at least 4 unique 'tiers' of disguises I went through while trying to reach the top of the house.
2) Is the detection system the same as absolution?(If you wear a disguise, you would have to press a button to hide your face)
  • Not at all. It definitely was more blood money esque. The only hint of Absolution left was that certain guards were classified as 'observant' - sometimes these were random people of the same type as your current disguise, sometimes they were people who would make sense to know the staff a bit more than your average grunt. They were sparsely placed around the map, but provided a challenge in the right places.
  • For example, one of the targets in the level we played had a bodyguard who would follow him around, and knew everyone on staff. Inherently, getting close to the target was an absolute pain, but in a challenging, fun way.
3) Does it remind you of Blood Money at all? Does it give the same vibes as Blood money?
  • Yes and yes. Playing this game felt, in many ways, like playing a modern Blood Money. Which is all I wanted.
  • It was frustrating at times, it was deep, at the end of it I felt like I had only just scratched the surface of the possibilities of the map. I felt like I could have replayed it for a 4th or 5th time and still be doing a completely different line of events to get a more satsifying outcome.
  • By the end of our time with the game I had just started to get to the really satisfying part of a Blood Money level, when you know the board, know the big pieces, and can start to abuse that foreknowledge to do amazing things.
  • By tiers, do you mean disguises with more authority, like some of the disguises in blood money, where some could only enter certain places and there would be one that would be allowed everywhere?
  • Yes. The minimap actually showed where disguises were and were not allowed in what areas, which saved a lot of quicksave quickload time for figuring the level out. There was also a metal detector checkpoint that was just as big a chore as in blood money - which warmed my heart.
4) Do the 'observers' see through all disguises or certain ones?
  • There was some of both. Like I said, the bodyguard knew - everyone, I never found a disguise that he didn't see through. In other cases, I did find cops that only seemed to become curious if I lingered around them as another cop, and not as other disguises. I just want to make it clear that those are marked on the minimap - it's not a 'I wonder if this cop is going to ruin my operation' thing.
5) Does the accident system seem as good as Blood Money?
  • Yes. I'm not supposed to make any declarations on how I finished levels, but I did find 'accidents' for both targets, and both were very satisfying, I would compare it to a flawless run on the opera house in Blood Money.
6) Is the Map back? Does it have points of interest on it?
  • Both a minimap and large map were present. They showed POIs where helpful things would happen or be.
7) Are the maps littered with trash bins like absolution?
  • There were trash bins, as part of the removal of magic pockets they were to hide weapons in.
8) If you mess up, is it like Blood Money where everyone comes after you, or more like absolution where it's contained to the area.
  • So this was actually really neat, when you would mess up, often an area would go into lockdown, where everyone would leave the area for the surroundings, and security would sweep it. After which things would return to normal. You could actually strategically trigger this via fire alarms, which was neat.
9) Silent Assassin criteria? Very Happy
  • I don't know. A lot of that and the difficulty is the kind of stuff that wasn't present in our build.
10) Does HP regenerate?
  • You know, honestly I do not know, maybe some of my other community members will refresh me. I'm one of those types who, if I take damage I'm rebooting the mission, so it didn't stand out to me.

the detection system in absolution was really bad imo....lol just go near some staff member,...insta detected :lol: ....blood money was way better in that instance

Had played blood money during college days.......but i've been playing blood money on pc of late.....whats with the save system in the PC version? :ack: u have to complete a whole mission for the save system to work
there is a temporary save system.......that only works for the current playing session.......in case u have to reboot your system or you want to play later.......u gotta restart the entire mission...so damn annoying :|

3) Does it remind you of Blood Money at all? Does it give the same vibes as Blood money?
  • Yes and yes. Playing this game felt, in many ways, like playing a modern Blood Money. Which is all I wanted.

:panic:

Impressions:

Videogamer: Hitman is the Blood Money sequel we've been waiting for
(these guys gave Absolution 5/10)

WHAT DID WE LEARN?

• More Blood Money than Absolution.
  • Levels are six to seven times larger than the biggest levels in Absolution.
  • Linear levels have been scrapped in favour of complete player freedom.
  • A huge number of ways to kill your target.

How you kill him, of course, is entirely up to you. IO describes the new game as a "creative stealth" title, highlighting the vast array of methods - or accidents waiting to happen - available to kill your target. One example is to drop the rigging on Novikov as he's walking down the catwalk. Or smuggle a gun in via a crate. Or sabotage a firework show. Or climb a tower to use as a sniper nest. Or infiltrate the makeup room. Or do something with the helicopter parked on the lawn. Or this. Or that.

Every room has been designed to have a purpose and, as in earlier games, it's up to players to work out how best to use them, with maps said to be 6-7 times larger than Absolution's biggest levels. NPC density is also considerably larger, with about 300 AI characters said to be populating some of the game's stages. In Fashionable Paris, scores of guests mingle in the bar and crowd around the catwalk, each reacting to 47's movements. Walk into a journalist reporting live from the show and you'll get a stern telling off.

As before, levels are based around timing, too, with certain characters performing certain events at certain times. If you want to catch Novikov on the catwalk, you'll have to make sure you're ready in time.

Regarding retail:

"All the content we are going to provide is going to make Hitman a substantial game. It's going to be bigger than Hitman: Absolution in terms of content."

What we're also saying is that there will be a disc at the very end, so if you feel that's what you want, that's what you can have. Either way, you'll be paying $60. There will be no other prices, nothing else going on there.

Gamespot.

___

the detection system in absolution was really bad imo....lol just go near some staff member,...insta detected :lol: ....blood money was way better in that instance

Had played blood money during college days.......but i've been playing blood money on pc of late.....whats with the save system in the PC version? :ack: u have to complete a whole mission for the save system to work
there is a temporary save system.......that only works for the current playing session.......in case u have to reboot your system or you want to play later.......u gotta restart the entire mission...so damn annoying :|

That's the fun. Finish one mission in one sitting without breaking the immersion.

• 3 weeks later...

Hitman 2015 Won't Be Released All At Once

Square Enix is breaking from tradition with the latest Hitman. They've decided to release the PS4/Xbox One/PC game to the public in stages rather than all at once.
A "significant chunk" of Hitman will be released on December 8th. Additional missions will then be released for the game throughout 2016. The initial $60 you pay for the game will include all of these later missions.
While Hitman is being rolled out over time, Square Enix stresses in their new announcement that it isn't an early access game:
Early access can often mean something unfinished or unpolished. That’s simply not the approach we’re taking. All of the content we release live to our players will be complete and polished, whether that’s the locations and missions we release on December 8th, the live events or the locations and missions that we will release in 2016. It will always be a polished Hitman experience.
They also don't like to call the new Hitman "episodic" because they're not selling chunks of the game individually. They also say that there will be more to the game besides the new chapters of the story. For example, they're planning some sort of "live events" for players.
Instead, Square Enix wants you to think of Hitman as a "live" game. Sure, why not?
The company also took the opportunity to clear up some other fan concerns about the game. For starters, they said players won't need to make any additional purchases to experience the full game.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Hitman-2015-Won-t-Released-All-Once-72909.html

Episodic sh*t is hitting us hard.. WTF SE

Bad move!

Am up for it :punk:

Dude, why would you pay and wait for the episodes (or stages in this case)

are they being impatient to release the game?

This new episodic trend should end now, it's ruining the gaming experience.

^ Will the follow up contract(s) be paid content or free for owners of the base game?

If it is paid after being a full priced launched, we are going to have another Tomb Raider / Sleeping Dogs / Absolution on our hands. If it is free, how do they monetise?

I am so sad to see the direction Hitman franchise is going now, Codename 47, Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money was the reason I started playing and loving games on PC.

Blood Money was a masterpiece, all they had to do for a good sequel was to have next gen graphics and keep the same system but no they had to screw the franchise

A series of videos from the alpha version of the game have been leaked, which have been confirmed to be true by Hitman community manager Travis Barbour, who also says that the game has improved since.

https://twitter.com/IO_Travis/status/620611911885946880?s=09

P.S.: I can't figure out the order of the videos. :ko: Hence, I'm posting a link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSFbNnOVFlSIx9I4p6JL_Eg/videos

HITMAN Q&A

How exactly are you releasing HITMAN?

We’re doing things a bit differently, as you may have read in our 'Announcing HITMAN' blog post. HITMAN will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC on December 8th this year as a digital download. That’s when the experience will begin. And it’s really important to us that this is understood as a ‘beginning’.

What we release on December 8th is not the full game. It’s a sizeable chunk of it. Throughout 2016 we’ll release more locations and missions until the story arc is done and finished. All of that content is included in the $60 price.

We know that the specifics of exactly what is included on December 8th are very important to some of you. We’re finalizing those plans and look forward to sharing them with you. Stay tuned for more details on this.

Is HITMAN an ‘early access’ game?

No. Early access can often mean something unfinished or unpolished. That’s simply not the approach we’re taking. All of the content we release live to our players will be complete and polished, whether that’s the locations and missions we release on December 8th, the live events or the locations and missions that we will release in 2016. It will always be a polished Hitman experience.

Is HITMAN episodic now?

We think the word ‘episodic’ sets up the expectation that we will sell individual content drops for individual prices but that’s not something we're planning to do. That said, there are some episodic elements to the story in the sense that it’s delivered in chunks over time, so experiencing the story will probably feel episodic. But there is also a ton of other content including live events, which have nothing to do with the story. We’ll also be improving and changing the game constantly whilst you’re playing it. Our ambition is to have a stream of content available from December 8th until the story arc is finished.

The thing is, there isn’t really a term to describe what we’re doing. That’s why we’re calling it a ‘live’ experience because it feels like that’s what it is – something that lives, grows and evolves. This question was asked a lot at E3 and if anyone out there comes up with a brilliant term, please get in touch. Seriously.

What does it all cost? How much do I have to pay to experience everything?

The entire game will cost you $60 or the regional equivalent.

That $60 includes everything we create in this story arc; from what we release on December 8th through to the end of the story arc in 2016 and all the live events too. There’s no micro-transactions or hidden costs in there. No extra paid DLC on top either. It’s one package, all-in for $60. We want that to be simple and clear and it was important for us to be up-front about that.

Is HITMAN digital only?

No, we’re leading with digital, so it’s ‘digital first’. At some point in 2016, we’ll release the game on a disc.

Can I play HITMAN offline or do you have to be connected all the time?

You will be able to play the locations and missions offline. To play the live events, download updates or see things like leaderboards, you’ll need to be online.

This approach is going to bomb hard, who in their right mind will pay full price for just a chunk?

We live in a world where people pay to play pre-alpha version's of games in the name of "Early Access"

So anything is possible

Is HITMAN digital only?

No, we’re leading with digital, so it’s ‘digital first’. At some point in 2016, we’ll release the game on a disc.

This means no regional pricing for PC Edition in India at the time of release :ranting:

This approach is going to bomb hard, who in their right mind will pay full price for just a chunk?

If they price it right, it will be a good incentive to keep the game in the news and provide fresh content.

This means no regional pricing for PC Edition in India at the time of release :ranting:

Do not worry, we will soon have SQUEENIX stating, it is not selling enough and go full retard over the weekly sales.

regional pricing will only come with disc.which sadly will take time bcuz "Leading with Digital"

Archived