PS3 replacement discount

ganeshran

Hi All,

My HDMI port on the PS3 had gone kaput and I gave it today in service center. They said that out of warranty repair is not possible and Sony will replace it with a discount.

Any idea what will the discount be for a PS3 that is slightly older than 3 years (bought in May 2012). Is it worth to buy a new PS3 now or hold on for a PS4 price drop? the PS3 works fine with AV, just not on HDMI.

TIA

They'll replace your old PS3 with a new 500gb SuperSlim model for 11k.If you still haven't completed a lot of PS3 games,then get a new PS3.

Does the 11K number hold regardless of the age of the console? My PS3 is 3 years 2 months old.

Btw, it is a brand new piece right, not a refurbished one?

Yes,they'll replace it no matter how old it is.It'll be a brand new sealed pack of 500gb superslim PS3.

thanks... I hope they put me in 50% discount category instead of 30%. It makes zero sense to pay 70% of the cost just for a HDMI port fix. My console is working fine apart from HDMI

Dude just buy a good quality component cable.

It outputs in 1080p and is almost same as hdmi.

Buy the original sony one.

I had the same problem some days back.

Doesn't make sense spending 11k for just for getting hdmi output

I have a LED monitor which doesn't have a component in. Games look crappy on AV

Is it possible to convert component to HDMI and plug it into the monitor.

Where are you located? If from Mumbai then you can get it fixed for around 2k. A friend of mine got his ps3 fixed about a year or so back. Still running flawlessly post that

^^ yeah like he said you can get it repaired it locally i got mine for 1k in Delhi itself it is also 3 years old..

Btw I wonder if sony replaces locally repaired ps3 if someone changes their mind after sometime. Do they?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

They called yesterday asking me to pay RS 11,495 through DD favouring Sony India Private Limited. I am in two minds whether to go for it or not. Is it worth to get a new PS3 at this point or wait till the first PS4 price drop?

Depends on how much of your PS3 have you explored. If you have played most of the must-have PS3 games, then it won't make a lot of sense to get another PS3. Considering, you bought your PS3 in 2012, I'm guessing you must have played most of the games.

If that's the case, it would be better to wait for the PS4 price-drop (which I'm not really sure when it will happen) or get it in a few months time anyway.

Archived