Gaming PCs

AtheK

Btw, Is there any use for core i5 4670K or 4770K than their counterparts. Apart from overclocking.

No, not really. The only advantage is the unlock multiplier for over-clocking purpose and apart from this the Core i7 has a 4 physical core / 8-thread architecture (thanks to Hyper Threading feature). The Core i5's lack that and can only process up-to four threads on their cores.

No need to go for Core i7's if gaming is the main purpose of this build.

@Alphy:- The motherboard which u suggested are of low quality components .. I came to know by the series B, Usually Z or H might have the good components.. I am not sure So correct me if Im wrong. Also, Its AMD Cross Fire supported not SLI, I checked.

No, nothing like that, the motherboard is of fine build and quality of components is also tip-top.

Z87 based motherboards start ~10000/- for a base model, the only advantage being that they are capable of over-clocking the -k marked CPU's. These are also the boards which are most likely to feature SLi support and be ready to pay more for the same.

H87 based motherboards are roughly equivalent to the motherboard I have mentioned but they come with a more expansive set of connectors and depending on the price a fleshed out Read I/O set-up. More or less they are equal and offer no discernible advantage over the B85 chipset based motherboard.

B85 chipset was originally intended for SoHo business operations but at entry-level price points they have parity with most H87 series offerings. GIGABYTE has made consecutive boards on the business chipset which are best in class.

If you want SLi support, you will need to have a more expansive budget.

Suggest me a good SLI Motherboard with budget price. :)

Sorry, no can do unless you want to look at ASRock offerings but I have serious reservations on their build and overall quality. Even HundredproofSam lost an ASRock motherboard recently.

@Alphy:- Yeah, I was wondering that. But I need an SLI option for future investment... As right now I can see cards like GTX 770/GTX 680/GTX780/Ti, GTX 690 are better cards easily, Even though i know this card is strong enough but how strong, I don't know.

In Flipkart Im finding difficult to see SLI Motherboards as There is no custom search with option SLI/Crossfire Mode. Provide me some motherboards with SLI support, Will check then. I will utilize the extra money from SSD, As I won't go for SSD.. There is no need for me if I have good config. Just USB 3.0 will do fine, I will just put 1 TB HDD or 500 GB.

@Alphy:- Yeah, I was wondering that. But I need an SLI option for future investment... As right now I can see cards like GTX 770/GTX 680/GTX780/Ti, GTX 690 are better cards easily, Even though i know this card is strong enough but how strong, I don't know.

I hope you know the pricing on those cards too. The card you bought will perform roughly as good as a GTX760 2GB / AMD R9-280X.

SLi will mean you will need to invest in a better SMPS, a Seasonic X660W / M12II 750W minimum in my books and a bigger, much bigger case to account for the cards you plan to house inside and the extra heat that will be generated

Anyway if you want SLi capable motherboards, here you are.

There was no SSD in your build so I don't know how you will manage a build under ~50000/- now.

Alpha always says you should get a good single GPU instead of SLI. And it makes sense. You are better off with a B85 motherboard unless u are really into the SLI thingy and are buying an overclockable 'k' version cpu... I'd say chill out and buy a 5k B85 motherboard and an i5 non 'k' cpu. Whatever money u save now u can invest in a better gpu upgrade down the line 2 years later. Investing in a costly motherboard and an overclockable processor wont give u any real world advantage in gaming as compared to a gpu upgrade when need arises.

@Aman:- Yeah, I got what u both were implying to say, Thing is these deals Im getting, Might be lucky. I will be getting a Core i7 4770 so I need a good Motherboard with good components nicely insulated, Because you know one thing:-

Asus is one motherboard which I always wanted... Last time I missed it and got Gigabyte but it didn't stood for a while and I was like, Damn! Missed a good Motherboard, Also I could have gone with ASRock as my Budget was 13K Max. But I didn't want to take risk as in other forums and some guys here suggested of its below average build quality.

If I don't get any deals ... I will be fine with whatever is suggested here, which are pretty good IMO, But when you are lucky enough to grab these deals with Warranty, I just don't want to miss them. :)

NOTE:- This Motherboard is Asus ROG (Republic of Gamers) and I am using ROG Laptop from Asus G75VX so was Tempted. :)

Edited by GamerOfTheYear

See if you got the moolah then get the best sh*t. But You had said ur budget is just 50k.. so IDK how u'll manage rest of the components.

ALso, if you do end up getting this 13k motherboard which is an awesome deal, then make sure u buy an overclockable 'k' version processor by adding 1-2k extra cuz otherwise u r basically investing in a costly motherboard for no reason (considering u will eventually give up on SLI and simply upgrade to 800 or 900 series nvidia gpu or equivalent amd offerings in time).

Also remember, u still have to buy ram n cabinet n psu. ANd as Alpha said earlier, if you want to overclock and or add an SLI setup later then u might need a bigger capacity psu=more money. And so u might need to add more coolers and fans=more money. So basically u are spending too much money for the 'future' and into something u might not eventually make use of and something that might not be the best use of ur money- price to performance ratio wise, in todays time or even as a future prospect.

Edited by aman_is_here

Hi Anyone here..

Another Deal I grabbed.

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO MOTHER BORAD for 13K, Is that a Steal ?

Good deal, you can purchase it but keep in mind you will limiting your own upgrade possibilities.

Good deal, you can purchase it but keep in mind you will limiting your own upgrade possibilities.

Don't worry Alpha, The thing is I had the budget but I limited here so as to squeeze as much possible from you guys, But I know to get something better you need to let go some amount.

That amount I have already reserved, And this is the time where I am using it.

Need you guys help when I put all my configurations here in an hour which I have managed to get so far based on my knowledge about Gaming PC, I was so good at this some 4 years ago but once you grow older and get busy in your work, It will be always difficult to keep up to date with these technologies. :)

Don't worry Alpha, The thing is I had the budget but I limited here so as to squeeze as much possible from you guys, But I know to get something better you need to let go some amount.

I have no problem it is your money Sir.

It is just that spending more now does not mean, you get what you want. It is only when you everything comes together you realise the shortfalls that got overlooked.

I have no problem it is your money Sir.

It is just that spending more now does not mean, you get what you want. It is only when you everything comes together you realise the shortfalls that got overlooked.

For that only before pulling the Trigger I want to confirm here.

As of now I have only purchased GTX Zotac 670 2 GB & Asus Maximus VI Hero and going to purchase Core i7 4770 from Local Retailer :-

The rest of the components I am ordering from Flipkart :-

RAM -> http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vengeance-ddr3-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-pc-ram-cmz16gx3m2a1600c10r/p/itmdgc3g5btmy8am?pid=RAMDGC3GGDE2VHYG

HDD --> http://www.flipkart.com/wd-blue-wd10ezex-1-tb-internal-hard-drive/p/itmdhgfq4gzp72rw?pid=IHDDHGYBEFGHQRTQ

PSU --> http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-thunder-700-watts-psu/p/itmdhhzgxv2hfz3g?pid=PSUDHHZHY5BMZXPT

Cabinet --> http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-elite-431-plus-mid-tower-cabinet/p/itmd5xzyxeg2tzaa?pid=CABD5XZYGXKPTZD5

Kindly share the link for a decent UPS, and Thats all, RIG is ready.

Just see if all are well co related, Else Hold me and let me know if you think any of the components is unnecessary.

Thanks.

EDIT:- Please check this Cabinet, and see if it fits for proper ventilation.

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-k281-mid-tower-cabinet/p/itmdmhz9agn5fqat?pid=CABDMHZ8DCTWSGFA&otracker=browse&pageNum=1

Compare this with that of the previous Cabinet link that i have shared and suggest.

Edited by GamerOfTheYear

Before you regret this choice of components,

neo-says-no-o.gif

You are in Bangalore, right, get these locally,

• the hard-drive (it will be cheaper and less chances of DoA)
  • Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/- (Piper has the Cooler Master eLite 430 and he regrets it, oh yes he does)
  • Seasonic S12II 520W / M12II 650W (the Cooler Master Thunder series is the absolute best contender for I want to watch my PC burn show)
  • same with the RAM, should be marginally cheaper if not a whole lot

Naah! the other case is also nothing great in the air-flow department. The older stalwart NZXT Gamma will put everything to shame here but the lack of USB 3.0 forward ports is what stopped me. Along with lack of fans and extra spacing for more than one graphic card.

Are you still looking to add another graphic card down the line? In that case, the Seasonic M12II 750W / X660W is what I would recommend.

cm haf 912 is best for ventilation

The Corsair Carbide 400 is at par, is lighter, has better cable management and dual forward USB 3.0 ports vis-á--vis the HAF 912's single port.

You are in Bangalore, right, get these locally,

• Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/- (Piper has the Cooler Master eLite 430 and he regrets it, oh yes he does).

I only regret the lack of cable management options. Other than that the cabby is perfect, even has slots for water cooling and double radiator.

I only regret the lack of cable management options. Other than that the cabby is perfect, even has slots for water cooling and double radiator.

That is norm nowadays, getting a cabinet which balances this out with proper air-flow design and cable management options is the catch.

Just check out Kunalkw's build in the Post your RIG thread, that is proof enough about the Corsair's capability.