The Football Thread

Xeno

One mistake in a career doesnt make anyone a guaranteed cheater/diver.. But I am quite sure this is not the 1st dive Suarez has made in his career, in fact there are rarely any matches where he doesnt dives so comparing his attitude with that of Henry's one mistake is pretty wrong.

And Jenkinson is not a fringe player, team is not just made up of best 11 players. He will easily make 30+ appearances this season, hardly any fringe player makes these many appearances.

I wouldn't mind criticizing Cazorla if he does that too, but as a fan that's what you can only do - criticize. Don't understand this irrational loyalty to players, if they are wrong they are wrong, what's wrong in criticizing them? After all you are a Liverpool fan not a Suarez fan, but not criticizing Suarez does tarnishes Liverpool's image imo.

So the fans go out and openly criticize Suarez, what happens to his morale? Maybe he'll become an honest bloke, but I don't want another dazed stoned Torres running around at Anfield.

Don't me wrong, we know what we will have to put up with, when we signed Suarez. That's just the way it is. Right now every Tom Dick and Harry whom we approach says "

I f**king need Champion's league football"! Beggars cannot be choosers.

That doesn't mean we are not criticizing him and turning a blind eye to everything he does. What pisses me off is that other fans keep prodding us, when something goes wrong. We have our own problems. If this had been the eighties, then we would've answered back in kind. But now, all we can do is wait and watch.

And finally players make up the team. We have to support our players. Take Tony Pulis' example. He wants Suarez banned for diving, but not a small f**ckin sentence about Huth giving Suarez the chest imprint. Let's not forget the Arsenal times of Sol Campbell, or Keown, etc. They were not angels themselves. Arsene always protected them.

Edited by Wolfy ©

True that simmy. Vs Norwich there were 2 if not 3 stonewall shouts for pk.

It's really worrying that on one hand you have cheaters winning pk galore while on the other genuine cases like hazard are not given just cause of a stupid assumption.

Stoke defender Robert Huth has escaped punishment from the Football Association over an alleged stamp on Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.

Suarez, 25, was left with stud marks to his torso after Huth, 28, appeared to stamp on him during Sunday's 0-0 drawbetween the two clubs at Anfield.

However, referee Lee Mason has since confirmed that he saw the incident at the time and chose not to take any action against the former Chelsea player. Under FA rules, that means Huth cannot now be charged retrospectively.

The Germany international has previous with English football's governing body after it handed him a retrospective three-match ban for punching West Ham's Matthew Upson while playing for the Potters in 2009.

Why?

Edited by Wolfy ©