Attack on Titan

Big Boss

Release: 2016

Platforms: PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PC, Xbox One

Developer: Omega Force

Publisher: Koei Tecmo

Genre: Action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fTbw5B-CDA

Koei Tecmo and Omega Force have announced Attack on Titan (working title) for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita.

The action title, based on the hit manga and anime series, will launch in North America, Europe, and Japan in 2016.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/08/attack-titan-game-omega-force-announced-ps4-ps3-ps-vita#3xSZL1GKtptms7Mt.99

PC Announcement trailer:

Frickin' sweet. Hopefully its a full fledged game based on the manga and not a musou.

BRING IT ON, TGS. :punk:

EDIT -

The action title, based on the hit manga and anime series, will launch in North America, Europe, and Japan in 2016.

AWWWW YISSS

They did toukiden which was quite good for sometime but heard it gets too repetitive. I only played demo.

I have a feeling this might turn out to be a musou game. They will make cutscenes of parts where Erin uses 3d maneuver gear and make a musou gameplay with Erin Titan form. :fear: that would be really lame.

• 4 weeks later...

Game’s main mode will cover the story of the entire 2013 anime, and a number of scenarios that place the spotlight on popular characters are also being developed.

Same voice actors from the anime will also return to represent their characters.

Game offers high tactical freedom, the thrill of hunting action and fighting giant bosses are fused together to provide a new sense of battle never seen before in a video game. Depending on the tactical situation, you can proceed slowly and carefully or challenge the titan without warning. The player’s actions affect the direction of battle in a big way. This is hunting action in a new form.

Players can make full use of the 3D Maneuver Gear to zip freely around the sky and battle titans. By using type of action, you can rush quickly to companions in a pinch, and at times, it will attract the attention of enemies and they’ll run through the battlefield. In order to defeat a titan, it is necessary to attack its “nape.” To do this, you’ll need to attack from high altitudes and defeat titans by first destroying body parts like arms and legs, and then driving your blade into the titan’s nape. With this introduction of body part destruction, a higher level of strategic action is added to the game.

Just like the original work, each character has a purpose and fights titans on a vast battlefield, and the state of battle rapidly changes according to this. Additionally, there will be changes within the city, such as walls and roofs collapsing as a result of battle, and it may affect the range of action players can take. The state of battle is constantly changing and the feeling of tension is high. A large number of scenarios that place the spotlight on popular characters are being prepared to develop the game’s dramatic story. It should appeal strongly to fans of the original work.

Additionally, the Physics Toon Shader, the game’s newly developed graphical representation, offers original graphics with the theme of fusing the anime world and game world. As a result, you can play the game feeling like you’re freely controlling a character in the anime.

Attack-on-Titan-Koei-Tecmo_2015_08-21-15

Attack-on-Titan-Koei-Tecmo_2015_08-21-15

are you supposed to wade through 200 mini titans?

oh also is this coming to PC?

Dynasty warriors and OP :PW3 came to PC thats why asking

This is a 'non-mosou' game. So, gameplay is not like Warrior series.

No info on PC version as of yet, but recent trends suggest Koei Tecmo may release a Steam only version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Games main mode will cover the story of the entire 2013 anime, and a number of scenarios that place the spotlight on popular characters are also being developed.

Bleh! I'd like to see a different storyline without destroying the original's plot, a game story equivalent to an anime OVA/ONA.

edit: didn't read this (post underneath) earlier.

There will also be original episodes that arent in the original work.These will focus more on the side characters from the story, and theyve been supervised by the author and editor to make sure that it goes well with the story of Attack on Titan.

No hype for me as I've already seen the anime and read some of its L/N. Story would no longer be interesting since I will have already known what to expect when I play. That element of surprise may be lacking.

And 10 bucks say the actual maneuvering will disappoint, might not be as smooth.

I'll reserve my final thoughts after i actually play it (if I do at all).

Since taking on a Titan by yourself could be dangerous, itll be an important strategy to fight alongside allies.

Co-op multiplayer will be great here.

• 2 months later...

Archived