Indian PSN Accounts and PS Store Funding Issues

Walker

This is only for Indian PSN accounts.

At some point or the other almost all of us have faced issues and have queries about the PSN India store and mainly most of it about funding. Here's some things to keep in mind.

• If you select your location as India when creating your account, the store you visit from that account will be the Indian PlayStation Store.
  • That account will always be locked to India. At this point there is no way to change that. *
  • PS Plus can only be purchased in India via the Playstation Store for an Indian account. PS Plus cards from US, UK or any other country will not work on an Indian account.
  • Top up cards no matter what currency or denomination will not work on the Indian store.

* A quick trick would be to just create another ID and select a different country.

On to the funding part

• The ONLY way to fund your Indian PSN wallet is via Credit Cards and Debit Cards. At this time there are no other ways.
  • Most banks Credit Cards work. More info
  • Only some Debit Cards work. More info
  • Whenever you're adding a card ensure the address is typed out exactly as it shows in your bank's records.
  • If your bank is now issuing cards with a smart chip ensure you have one. If not contact your bank and get the old card replaced with a new one with chip.

NOTE: Add funds to your wallet for the amount you want to spend and then remove your card details from the system. I recommend this purely for your safety, but if you are fine with leaving the details in the system, it's your call.

And finally the issues (These are fun)

• If you add details successfully but get "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully." while adding funds, stop whatever youre doing.
  • If you're trying to purchase something while your card is saved in system and get an error "An error has occured". Stop whatever you're doing
  • If you have a new card and are updating the details and you get "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully.", stop whatever you're doing.
  • In short at any time if there's ever an error prompt that comes up while adding funds, purchasing or saving your card details, stop whatever your doing.

So what's the darn solution you ask?

Well there is no solution at this point except wait 15 days and try again. The reason for this is ANY error, be it an address mismatch, a technical error, a bank error, a card error, insufficient funds or <insert random error here> and Sony's system will lock that account from any transactions that involve funding for a period of 14 days.

Contacting your bank will not help. If it makes you happy, please contact them, but in 100% of my interactions it's nothing they have done to cause the error.

Contacting Sony CC will not help (unless you're bored and want to kill some time), they have no way to unlock your account.

There is NO FIX. Use those 15 days to ensure your card is paid up, account balance is adequate, all details are correct etc. You may also want to go out and live your life (I highly recommend this).

There are some instances where people have added funds and the next day are unable to add again. Its possible that there may be a limit set on how many times you can add funds or the total value in a 24-48 hr period but so far the reports are vague. So take this with a pinch of salt. If it happens to you, well you know you have to wait 15 days now.

Hope this helped in some way. If there's anything I missed please let me know.

Thanks @Mafia97 for reading and assistance.

Thanks to @sonuyos for his thread that lists the banks and cards accepted on the store (its still WIP).

Finally thanks to everyone who ever posted in any thread ever regarding psn funding.

so basically Sony India does not give a damn.

Damn straight.

Frankly tho I've been thru the official PS threads and mostly EU users complain about the same thing. Its just stupid that it hasn't been fixed but at least some of EU has PayPal and PSN Cards as an option for funding [emoji17]

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Bollocks! I was planning to use the Indian account as the primary one to have the purchases kept to local currency. The worst part is that the saves aren't compatible across multiple accounts.

What's the best country to select for long term in terms of ease of adding funds and DLC purchases?

^ the most convenient according to most users seems to be a US account as far as top up cards, psplus cards go. DLC is region locked so unless you're going primarily digital you'll have to source US discs. EU accounts and top ups are relatively more expensive than US. Other option I'm told is Taiwan or other SE Asia countries.

Until and unless they sack that old dick Bose nothing good is going to happen here

No 1tb ps4 ,no official price cut

No psn card for India despite being plus now mandatory

CC support team are always either on grass or daru.You ask them one thing they will give another completely unrelated solution

Ps service is really pathetic here

Until and unless they sack that old dick Bose nothing good is going to happen here

No 1tb ps4 ,no official price cut

No psn card for India despite being plus now mandatory

CC support team are always either on grass or daru.You ask them one thing they will give another completely unrelated solution

Ps service is really pathetic here

quoting just in case some of the things above come true.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here to share my experience from today to hopefully help someone out.

My ICICI bank debit card has worked on the Sony Store since day one when I got my card. I was so happy seeing how my past bank's card (HSBC) was utterly useless. I enjoyed making purchases for about 2 years without any issues, with my last purchase happening in March 2015, back when it was still "store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com".

I go online to add wallet funds to pre-order Fallout 4 today (Indian PSN store)... and to my shock, it tells me my card details are not valid, even though i'm just re-entering the CVV code for the ICICI card that's already been saved onto my account since the beginning. I tried again, same error. I get a SMS telling me my card is charged for INR 10.10 something both times, but it still fails to add wallet funds both times.

I do some Googling and end up on this thread. I removed my card details and re-entered them... still no luck. I decided to try something off-beat, to try and add funds through the PS4 itself. I couldn't find the option to do so through Console, so I tried re-adding my debit card using the PS4. Surprisingly it didn't work.

On the verge of frustration and disappointment, I gave it one last shot to randomly pre-order the game WITHOUT adding wallet funds. In the past, it would have told me that my pre-order was successful and to make sure I have enough wallet funds by X date for the transaction to be successful. It seems Sony has changed something, because I went through with the pre-order and my debit card was directly charged for the full amount immediately... ie: IT WENT THROUGH! I don't know why it would let me make a purchase on the console but not let me add wallet funds through my browser, but if anyone is facing this problem, you could try this out as well and hope it works for you.

Archived