Sony is Suing Kevin Butler

Search for Official Playstation magazine's Jan / Feb 2009 issue ..

I am on my mobile or I would have done the honours of posting the link .. :|

Gotta find it, its golden. I can picture him doing this throughout the interview

kaz-hirai.jpg

So basically They are suing Lambert because he looks like himself :doh:. Too bad Mr Lambert if you ever wanna act in any commercial with an xbox or a wii you are going to have to undergo plastic surgery. Because your face and you is a rip off Kevin Butler , A character WE created using OUR MONEY. YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!!!

Lets see what the court has to say about it. If he was not allowed to do this by the contract then he clearly was in the wrong doing so.

Yea they are industry leaders alright , indsutry leader in arrogance. Its going to kill them someday and that day might not be very far

You can't kill what's already dead

I am pretty sure Sony's board of directors are filled with MBA grads who have received a degree only because of ATKT or else no one would appoint an arrogant fool like Kaz Hirai as a CEO of the parent company

Meanwhile , only gaming company like Nintendo has a higher market cap than the Conglomerate like Sony in Tokyo's Stock Exchange :rofl:

The character was Sony's idea..... Hence, in the legal world, it is considered an IP....

If he plays Kevin Butler, else no. We don't have the actual video posted yet, so I don't know what exactly is the issue, but Kevin butler is Sony's IP, Lambert is not. Lambert has all the rights to endorse multiple product, as long as it is not in direct competition with Sony. Since it was an ad for Bridgestone, Sony has no case. Although, things will change if video says Kevin butler at any point.

The character was Sony's idea..... Hence, in the legal world, it is considered an IP....

Zzzz .. Kevin butler is Sony's idea not Lambert

In Bridgestone's ad he isn't acting as Kevin butler

And btw Sony even sued Bridgestone :rofl:

@Jeetzz - Lambert was shown playing Mario kart Wii in the commercial because Bridgestone had an offer that if U buy their tyres U get a $70 gift card or a Wii

This wasn't Lambert's first bridgestone's commercial , he already did couple of their ads

In real world , he is a human and has to feed his family , he just can't live on penny's thrown at him by Sony

Why the f**k dont we have some one like zee defending sony in this forum?

Also, since when did zee start eclipsing zodak?

whats has happened to this forum?

My bad, I retired after creating ZEE-BOT & ZOD-BOT

:mellow:

Companies are suing individuals and people are laughing. Interesting times we live in ! :/

I dunno. Lambert should have been more careful.

He worked with Sony for 3-4 years, for gaming crowd he existed as KB. I don't think, many would have even known his name before.

Archived