The Sales Charts Thread

^^ All those people who held off buying the PS3 initially eventually bought it within a year. These are the early adopters.

you haven't bought one, have you?....are u telling me that if there was no xbox 360 - no gears of war, no halo 3, no mass effect - if u were still stuck with your ps2 and the ps3 came out, u wouldn't buy it right away?

peace

I am not an early adopter in the strict sense of the word. I bought the X360 two months after its India launch which in itself was a year after the international launch, and that too only after I read the reviews for Gears. Sony launched the PS3 in India very close to its international launch, so the respective launch windows in India are not comparable. If I was an early adopter, I would have done what many members on our forums did, and purchased an NTSC console from abroad or the grey market. The reason, I'm not buying a PS3 now is that there are no exclusive games that I consider a must buy, unlike the time I bought the Xbox 360 for Gears of War. That situation would obviously change when MGS4 / FF XIII are released.

I am not an early adopter in the strict sense of the word. I bought the X360 two months after its India launch which in itself was a year after the international launch, and that too only after I read the reviews for Gears. Sony launched the PS3 in India very close to its international launch, so the respective launch windows in India are not comparable. If I was an early adopter, I would have done what Vinit, Xeno and many other members on our forums did, and purchased an NTSC console from the grey market.

umm, my wife got me the 360 as a gift from the US - i wasn't going to buy it :thumbsup:

V

IRISH TOP 20

Resistance outguns Halo 3

Irish:

TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 20 October 2007

01 (01) Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)

02 (__) Football Manager 2008 (Sega)

03 (__) The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo)

04 (__) The Orange Box (Electronic Arts)

05 (06) Resistance: Fall Of Man (Sony Computer Ent.)

06 (02) Halo 3 (Microsoft)

07 (07) Wii Play (Nintendo)

08 (05) Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)

09 (04) More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

10 (09) Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

11 (03) Mysims (Electronic Arts)

12 (12) Ratatouille (Thq)

13 (18) Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts)

14 (10) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

15 (11) Bratz: Forever Diamondz (Thq)

16 (16) Need For Speed: Carbon (Electronic Arts)

17 (20) Motorstorm (Sony Computer Ent.)

18 (08) Cars (Thq)

19 (17) Formula 1: Championship Edition (Sony Computer Ent.)

20 (__) High School Musical: Makin' The Cut! (Disney Interactive Studios)

UK top 40

football manager>zelda :rofl2: :rofl2:

UK:

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 20 October 2007

01 (__) [PC] Football Manager 2008 (Sega)

02 (__) [NDS] The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo)

03 (__) [360] The Orange Box (Electronic Arts)

04 (02) [PS2] Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)

05 (03) [360] Halo 3 (Microsoft)

06 (01) [360] Project Gotham Racing 4 (Microsoft)

07 (05) [PS3] Resistance: Fall Of Man (Sony Computer Ent.)

08 (04) [360] Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)

09 (09) [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)

10 (11) [PS3] Heavenly Sword (Sony Computer Ent.)

11 (07) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

12 (06) [PS3] Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)

13 (15) [PS3] Motorstorm (Sony Computer Ent.)

14 (08) [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

15 (__) [NDS] High School Musical: Makin' The Cut! (Disney Interactive Studios)

16 (10) [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

17 (__) [PC] The Orange Box (Electronic Arts)

18 (12) [WII] Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)

19 (18) [NDS] Cooking Mama (505 Games)

20 (14) [360] Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft)

21 (21) [PS2] Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts)

22 (32) [PS2] Crash Of The Titans (Vivendi Games)

23 (26) [WII] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)

24 (__) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

25 (13) [PSP] Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)

26 (29) [NDS] Ratatouille (Thq)

27 (23) [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)

28 (22) [PS3] Formula 1: Championship Edition (Sony Computer Ent.)

29 (17) [NDS] Mysims (Electronic Arts)

30 (19) [WII] Mysims (Electronic Arts)

31 (24) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

32 (20) [WII] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)

33 (__) [WII] The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo)

34 (33) [NDS] Bratz: Forever Diamondz (Thq)

35 (35) [PS2] Ratatouille (Thq)

36 (30) [WII] Sonic And The Secret Rings (Sega)

37 (__) [WII] Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis (Take 2)

38 (16) [PS2] Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights (Thq)

39 (38) [NDS] Sonic Rush Adventure (Sega)

40 (40) [PS3] Ridge Racer 7 (Sony Computer Ent.)

Wii = 11

DS = 10

X360 = 5

PS3 = 6

PS2 = 5

PC = 2

PSP = 1

trust me, they will be more than willing to disclose their figures - my team had compiled their shitty numbers for over 2years, but the million dollar question is: 'are you willing to believe those numbers?' ;)

V

Last Quarter, 1.3 Million PS3s Sold

From Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/last-quarter...sold-314865.php

Finally! Things are starting to look up for embattled Sony. The electronics giant released its consolidated financial results for the 2nd quarter that ended on September 30th. The results? The company's operating loss in the game division increased because of "strategic pricing of PS3 at pints lower than its production cost." Overall hardware sales were up, and thegame division saw a 42.9 percent increase in sales thanks the PS3 and the redesigned PSP. PlayStation 2 sales remained steady. Total game software sales dipped "as a result of a decrease in PS2 and PSP software sales." Also, Sony has changed the way it reports hardware and software unit sales. Instead of counting shipped units, it now counts actual sold units. The quarter between July and September looks like this:

Worldwide hardware unit sales (increase/decrease year-on-year)

PS2: 3.28 million units (a decrease of 0.13 million units)

PSP: 2.58 million units (an increase of 0.56 million units)

PS3: 1.31 million units

Software units after the jump.

PS2: 38.0 million units (a decrease of 9.2 million units)

PSP: 12.6 million units (a decrease of 0.6 million units)

PS3: 10.3

Whew. I don't know about you, but I'm all numbered out. Breaktime!

Sony Report here

Nintendo continues to print money

From Reuters

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Nintendo Co Ltd nearly tripled its first-half profit and boosted its annual earnings outlook on Thursday as its popular Wii and DS game machines outsell rival Sony Corp's PlayStation.

Offering quirky, easy-to-learn games and breaking new ground with motion-sensing controllers, Nintendo has expanded the gaming population to women and older people, a strategy that has helped its shares jump five-fold in two years.

Kyoto-based Nintendo raised its operating profit forecast for the year to March to 420 billion yen, in line with analysts' expectations, and up from an earlier estimate of 370 billion yen.

The revised forecast is 86 percent above the previous year's result and follows an increase in first-half profit to 188.8 billion yen.

Annual revenue is now expected to rise 60 percent to 1.55 trillion yen.

Demand for the Wii has been strong in the last couple of months, easily outpacing Sony's PlayStation 3, although Microsoft Corp's rival Xbox 360 has gained ground on its alien shooting game "Halo 3".

Sony, which has been selling PlayStation 3 below what it cost to produce, posted an operating loss in its game division during July-September but said it aims to break even or make a profit in the second half of the business year.

However, it swung to an overall operating profit in the quarter on robust sales of digital cameras and camcorders.

Nintendo lifted its annual global sales target for the Wii by 1 million units to 17.5 million and hiked its software sales goal by 35 percent to 97 million units.

And in a major coup, Capcom Co Ltd said earlier this month it would develop the latest version of its blockbuster "Monster Hunter" action game for the Wii.

The game had previously been developed for Sony's consoles and the switch to Nintendo has fed speculation that support for the PlayStation franchise may be slipping.

Building on its Wii sports-oriented games, Nintendo is to launch a "Wii Fit" home fitness game featuring a pressure-sensitive mat that allows players to head soccer balls and imitate ski jumping.

Nintendo has become one of Japan's top five most valuable companies by market value although its stock ended 3.5 percent at 66,400 yen after a 7.8 percent climb a day earlier.

It revised its annual net profit forecast to 275 billion yen, up 12.2 percent on its previous estimate and 58 percent higher than the previous year. It also hiked its dividend forecast for the year to 1,090 yen from 960 yen.

Nintendo makes money on every Wii / DS sold since the beginning, unlike M$ and Sony who subsidized the costs of their consoles. This year M$ is making money per X360 sold, but Sony is still bleeding thru the arse on every sale of the PS3.

Archived