Gaming PCs

AtheK

@alpha, on realtemp..temperature is 40C -41C and so on as of now. Just started the pc.

but it does touch 50C-60C and all if i play games or anything.

What is distance to tj max??

Also i wanted to ask..on win8 when i click on shutdown from settings on desktop screen..it shuts down and then pc restarts automatically but when i go to start screen and shut down it remains shut down...why?any idea.

Edited by playstation

@alpha, on realtemp..temperature is 40C -41C and so on as of now. Just started the pc.

but it does touch 50C-60C and all if i play games or anything.

What is distance to tj max?

All normal.

Distance to ▲Tj max ~50° C -->40° C depending on the higher and lower mean temperatures that you have seen.

Also i wanted to ask..on win8 when i click on shutdown from settings on desktop screen..it shuts down and then pc restarts automatically but when i go to start screen and shut down it remains shut down...why?any idea.

Not sure, recently got a Windows8 based laptop, will try to replicate the issue locally, if I can pin-point it, will let you know. Else, you can PM Solitaire.

Edited by ALPHA17

Hmmm, that's weird issue. You sure clicking on shut down and not sleep button?

(I myself shut down from Charms bar and works fine.)

Edit: Check power options.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings

Edited by Heaven Angel

^^

Intel Core i5 4570

ASRock H87 Pro4

Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 or Western Digital 1TB hard-drive

HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive

ZOTAC! / GIGABYTE GTX760 or Sapphire / GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB

Seasonic S12II 520W

Corsair Carbide 400R

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

@alpha,

I took your configuration as reference and made a configuration on my own. Could you please tell me, the following specs if put together are compatible with each other and will work without any issues.

1. Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Mid Tower Cabinet

2. ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 AMP Edition 2 GB Graphics Card

3. Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU

4. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM

5. ASRock H87 Pro4 Motherboard

6. WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive

7. Intel 3 GHz LGA1150 4430 i5 4th Generation Processor

8. Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler

1. Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Mid Tower Cabinet -- Okay, although the Carbide 400R is still the first priority in my opinion

2. ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 AMP Edition 2 GB Graphics Card -- Fine

3. Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU -- Useless, AVOID with extreme prejudice

4. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM -- 2 x4GB kit is a better purchase due to the dual-channel advantages. Unless you plan to get another 8GB RAM key soon

5. ASRock H87 Pro4 Motherboard -- Fine

6. WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive -- Fine

7. Intel 3 GHz LGA1150 4430 i5 4th Generation Processor -- Fine

8. Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler -- Useless, either go for a Hyper 212 EVO / T4 or don't go for a CPU cooler at all, in-fact looking at your build you don't need a cooler at all.

You still have not answered my questions of,

• Where are you getting the components from?
  • Where are you based?

You still have not answered my questions of,

• Where are you getting the components from?
  • Where are you based?

I am planning to get it from flipkart.

I checked prices on ebay but prices are higher than what FK is offering and I do not know any other reliable websites that sell pc hardware.

I am based in chennai.

With regard to PSU, Is seasonic, the one you suggested better than corsair?

And doesn't the gtx 760 require a minimum of 500 Watts so is seasonic 520 watts okay?

One last thing, since gtx 660ti and gtx 760 are almost the same which one do you think is better? I know nvidia made the gtx 760 to replace the 660ti but I want your opinion on this.

I am planning to get it from flipkart.

I checked prices on ebay but prices are higher than what FK is offering and I do not know any other reliable websites that sell pc hardware.

I am based in chennai.

With regard to PSU, Is seasonic, the one you suggested better than corsair?

And doesn't the gtx 760 require a minimum of 500 Watts so is seasonic 520 watts okay?

Being in Chennai flipkart will be the absolute worst place to source components from. Get them local from Ritchie street, cheaper than delivery, all components in front of you.

Shops you can contact as well,

Seasonic is a far superior SMPS manufacturer than Corsair, in-fact most of Corsair high-end models are re-branded Seasonic pieces. Lower end is completely dominated by Seasonic currently. Don't even think of Corsair unless you are hitting the HX / TX series of SMPS. VS SMPS are the cheapest Corsair models that are exclusively retailed only in India and China, so there are no decent reviews to go on for them and because they do not have to be tested in the US / EU markets, Corsair can use cheaper quality production methods and components. It may be better than the local iBall's, FrontTech and Zebronics but at its price point where it is duelling with the Seasonic's it is not recommended.

The GTX760 will run on the Seasonic SMPS without a problem.

Between the GTX760 and GTX660Ti, the former is the clear victor,

• gaming performance
  • price
  • efficiency

Unless you plan to use the GPU in OpenCL environments or double precision floating point calculation work, the GTX760 is uncontested, else look at the AMD HD7950 3GB.

Alright man. Thanks a ton for your insight. I am going to order them asap. I will look into IT depot and the other website too. I know of ritchie street but I am very busy to go there and look for the right shops and buy. So I thought I would order them online.

@alpha...isnt it better to have cabinet which can help you installl PSU on the top rather than bottom..coz when cleaning and opening..often dust falls inside psu and some opening screws it feels inside psu...

also Joe and alpha i will check more on win 8 and report here..been only 2 days...not used properly also as for temperature thanks..good to knows its normal...i was worried.

Alright man. Thanks a ton for your insight. I am going to order them asap. I will look into IT depot and the other website too. I know of ritchie street but I am very busy to go there and look for the right shops and buy. So I thought I would order them online.

akshay, advice you to check with your local vendors...take some time out and do it..you might save Rs 3k-4k overall compared to online prices.

@alpha...isnt it better to have cabinet which can help you installl PSU on the top rather than bottom..coz when cleaning and opening..often dust falls inside psu and some opening screws it feels inside psu...

Hot air rises, this will make the PSU area very warm = lower efficiency.

No, golden rule of PC cleaning, always disconnect wires and lie it down before cleaning. Not standing. Also, dust will never fall into the SMPS unless you have inverted the intake fan, in which case you are mounting the SMPS wrong.

SMPS fan faces down. above the box prevents any debris / dust from going inside.

I know of ritchie street but I am very busy to go there and look for the right shops and buy. So I thought I would order them online.

For peace of mind, suggest you take some time off and visit Ritchie in person.

flipkart is not equipped to deal with the sensitive stuff they ship, I have heard anecdotes of dented cabinets, shattered acrylic / plastic components and then them not accepting it claiming user induced damage. Also, if you want a first hand account, contact @sagarjalvi over PM.

So I leave it to you.

psu went bust ...this is the 2nd time i have had it exchanged, tx650 really has been a headache in my case ,, alpha ,you should now really consider some other psu for your most reliable psu award i think....cause tx 650 ne to watt laga di... :harhar:

Edited by Razpor

psu went bust ...this is the 2nd time i have had it exchanged, tx650 really has been a headache in my case ,, alpha ,you should now really consider some other psu for your most reliable psu award i think....cause tx 650 ne to watt laga di... :harhar:

Yes, it seems that Corsair has changed its OEM, that is why we are seeing the poorer quality of their wares.

Seasonic is the only real option left now.