The Sales Charts Thread

Where did I say that it'll start outselling the 360 version :doh:

Doing a bit more marketing on ps3 will surely increase those numbers &over all sales

Right now they hardly mention the ps3 version anywhere

Why do you try to mold all the comments towards the superiority of 360

I know you made an investment &it was a good decision

Why so much insecurity ??

The way u framed your post and you are talking abt insecurity :lol:

The sales are bad considering there wasnt a single other half decent game released anywhere close to it.

somewhat negated by the fact that game sales are seasonal too. there's a reason why everyone releases games in the fall and avoids summer.. people in the west have other things to do at the time so staying indoors and gaming takes a lower priority and thus decreases game spending on the whole.

there was no game released in competition with dx but at the same times, games don't usually sell well in that time frame either.

Ya, Americans do get outdoors a lot for physical activity.

not sure where physical activity (or lack of) comes into the picture. spring-summer is when they take holidays, days get longer, skirts get shorter, they go out to the beach or to parties or vacations. they definitely spend less time at home, and that's why game companies are wary of releasing stuff in the april-september time frame.

it's not just games, even tv shows end up sharing the same fate. on the whole, the major networks keep their high profile, high budget shows for the september-april period and their summer line ups consist mostly of reruns, movies or light/fluff shows where continuity is not really required because even they know that people will not be watching as much tv during the period.

especially gamers :rofl:

in case you hadn't noticed, they don't want only gamers to be buying their stuff.

If EA was to release Mass Effect 3 (same genre and not a big selling franchise either), it would have done a lot better. So it doesn't have much to do with the timing. Big games release all year. Look at Rockstar; they've fixed March-April to release all their biggest games - RDR, LA Noire, Max Payne 3.

mass effect 3 koi le nahi le....i can bet it will sell million......arey hum aur Mt hi milke will give them million sales.

Mt will buy 9,99,998 copies....I will buy one Ce for ps3 and one for Pc. B)

If EA was to release Mass Effect 3 (same genre and not a big selling franchise either), it would have done a lot better. So it doesn't have much to do with the timing. Big games release all year. Look at Rockstar; they've fixed March-April to release all their biggest games - RDR, LA Noire, Max Payne 3.

for every one rockstar type AAA game that releases in spring/summer, there are twenty such games that release in the traditional holiday season. using statistical outliers hardly proves your point.

why do you think they all cram their releases into these few months if not for the fact that they're expecting more sales? why don't the skyrims and battlefields of the world release in june or july? the specifically chosen release date of games like assassins creed and call of duty is not coincidental to their success.

isnt japan got the highest ratio of gaming console to population......quite some time ago bill gates in his speech said out of every 3 house in japan one has gaming console.

that was time when xbox 1 had come out i think...i still remember that speech...

so??...... no one cares abt what works in Japan or EU. America mein game chala, toh bada bol bachan de ne ka aur troll karne ka.

I think we all know that how big the USA VG market is. From 2008, but don't expect that there should be huge differences, between now and then.

Top 5

Country Population Av. market spend Revenue 2008 Market Share

USA 306,088,000 $ 71.98 $ 22,031,000,000 40.42 %

United K. 60,975,000 $ 111.95 $ 6,825,961,080 12.57 %

Japan 127,433,494 $ 50.57 $ 6,443,666,600 11.87 %

France 62,448,977 $ 66.46 $ 4,150,274,560 7.64 %

Germany 82,060,000 $ 47.35 $ 3,885,243,440 7.16 %

Rest here

[sales Age] Worldwide market in 2008 (revenues)

You can assume that if mainstream titles not successful (if not bomba completely) if they don't do well in USA, and by mainstream I don't mean Ore no Imoto.

The fact that RDR and LA Noire sold well does prove my point that a good game and a game people are interested in will sell regardless of when it's released. DXHR would probably have done even worse had it released in November.

i agree on that part...it is one the most crazy month ever in videogaming history....cod,uc3,battlefield also same time na??

The fact that RDR and LA Noire sold well does prove my point that a good game and a game people are interested in will sell regardless of when it's released. DXHR would probably have done even worse had it released in November.

So you mean DXHR is actually bad?

Archived