Kojima Productions is back together and F**k Konami.

When we say Kojima is a bigger brand than Konami today

We obviously mean bigger in AAA gaming business

It's not rocket science to understand

Konami needed Kojima's name to even make franchises like Castlevania & Silent Hill afloat

They needed his fox engine for all their games,even PES

AAA domain Kojima rocked Konami

Never said they weren't . A lot of times the product ends up being the bigger brand than the company itself in that space , like how Mario Kart would outsell say Nintendo Kart. Because the Mario brand is stronger.

It also doesn't take rocket science to understand that if they are shifting business to Mobile , then why would they be spending money on AAA brand (Possibly why he wanted to leave , which i said in my post).

It was also quite clear in the post I quoted that he was referring to "$$$$" which is money. Konami isn't going to die or take a huge revenue hit if Kojima leaves.

Brands change based on trends in the industry , when you look at gaming the companies that have lasted many decades like Konami,Nintendo,Sega ... they adapted to different markets and products all the time from Arcade,Console,AAA,Mobile,Handheld.

Bigger revenue doesnt mean better brand. If thats the case TCS should be better brand than facebook :lol:

A title "from the makers of metel gear" is more powerful than konami in gaming community.

Him setting up an Indie studio will get more $$$$ than all of Conami's mobile sh*t

It was with respect to the context. I was trying to say Konami is much bigger outside of AAA space. Also you dont always need brand name to sell a product and make money. I hope that TCS Facebook thing was a joke , they dont even compete in the same space lol.

Mobile games like Clash of Clans and Game of War make millions every month and probably even more than many AAA franchises in their lifetime. Does anyone give a sh*t about the game company or their other products?

Brand name is all about how much money you invest into it. The Kojima brand has had millions of dollars injected into it and created many quality products. But would it make a difference in Mobile space (which is where Konami is moving to).

But anyway Kojima is his name , so literally any other publisher can pick him up and call the studio "Kojima Studios" or something :lol: , Sucks for Konami for building up that brand name and then throwing it out for any other publisher to use.

When we say Kojima is a bigger brand than Konami today

We obviously mean bigger in AAA gaming business

It's not rocket science to understand

Konami needed Kojima's name to even make franchises like Castlevania & Silent Hill afloat

They needed his fox engine for all their games,even PES

AAA domain Kojima rocked Konami

yea but I guess what shadow meant that most likely Konami doesn't give a fook for the gaming scene anymore.

The shift to mobile isn't surprising, Japan's mobile game market is crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1085348

Source in french OG source on a PODCAST
Apparently Kojima was super expensive, he was getting payed a fixed rate regardless of how much the game sells. He also delayed the game because he was unhappy countless times.
He also just pulled general Kojima-esque things, like have the music composer (I'm guessing Harry Greggson Williams?) make a bunch of songs, then he doesn't like them so he doesn't bother using them after they payed for them.
The source of the info is Rika Muranaka, one of the composers on MGS1-2-3.
She says he was let go for not being business oriented.

Seems like him , The man was a perfectionist after all.

Its just the sad state of AAA gaming now , people dont really care if your game wins GOTY awards and critical acclaim.

Remember Bioshock Infinite? 5-6m in sales and the studio still went down under.

Only Mainstream casual appeal/Marketing and sales matter to get back the money you put in. Even titles that dont compare to MGS in terms of quality or budget get similar revenues.

Konami wanted out of AAA gaming anyway , just seems like the cost/profit ratio was becoming more and more unfavorable. This post from GAF shows how much Konami has been backing for MGS all this while. Its not a small amount by any means.

Hired a (probably expensive) actor.
Creating a state-of-the-art game engine (which is probably meaningless to Konami as they become less involved in the console game market).
Had a development studio created in LA for Metal Gear Online.
Took 7 years from MGS4 to create a mainline Metal Gear Solid game (I'm sure that the Peace Walker hiatus was Kojima's idea).
Took 5 years from Peace Walker (5 * paying eveyone on the development team = a lot of money) to create a mainline Metal Gear Solid game.
Had his team waste time with Metal Gear Rising, meaning that Konami had to pay Platinum Games to get the game made.

Konami's respose to Bloodstained

The sad part is this BS pachinko machine will probably make more money than bloodstained. What a POS company Konami have become , absolutely no pride in their work. Just looking to get some quick cash. Am actually glad Kojima left.

Konami's respose to Bloodstained

The sad part is this BS pachinko machine will probably make more money than bloodstained. What a POS company Konami have become , absolutely no pride in their work. Just looking to get some quick cash. Am actually glad Kojima left.

Gbqkw.gif

By firing the only guy that made them huge profits from their fledgling gaming division and gave them visibility in the market which doesn't give a fk about pachinkos? :lol:

How's Star Citizen kickstarter going on btw?

lol, star citizen? who the f gives a f**k about it? You think it matters to anyone?

Also, you think konami gives a crap about about their AAA gaming division? MGS is peanuts compares to what their main business nets them, that is the one true fact, n you know it.

Yeah 15% of Konami revenue comes from console gaming and more than half of it from MGS (8-9% of total) so its tiny. What's that got to do with the original comment about Kojima spending money on stuff? He still brings in way more money than he spends, unlike PES or SH. Heck PES is being saved from a decade long mediocrity thanks to the engine his team created.

Also who was that guy who posted Star Citizen video in MGS5 thread? I can't remember right now but someone definitely cares about it.

and that is without them putting out yearly sequels and just releasing the older games in some new packaged version. so what exactly are people pissed about? kojima taking his time to put an extremely polished product? or overhauling the whole game design and scenarios after every game in the series? man, these guys truly deserve cookie cutter sh*t like AC, COD and BF mods shoved down their throat year after year.

At least Konami is still making games despite small revenues, I know one company that completely stopped making AAA games and instead apes 30% money from the hardwork of other game developers, simply because they have dominating digital store. Its just easier than making compelling stuff yourself no?

At least Konami is still making games despite small revenues, I know one company that completely stopped making AAA games and instead apes 30% money from the hardwork of other game developers, simply because they have dominating digital store. Its just easier than making compelling stuff yourself no?

Why dont you buy a hat??? It's better than waiting for a game.

I think it's obvious, a kickstarter is needed where fans can raise 50 million bucks for kojima, and after he has wasted all that money on rejecting 1000s of paid for songs, another kickstarter is needed for yet more money.

N f**k konami for having some business sense <_<

Damn son. Dat ether.

Burnt so many people. :lol:

Hey guys you know what? EVERY developer should jump on to Mobile gaming , coz why make quality games right? Money is all that matters . As long as companies make money sucking mobile games they will forever remain profitable right ? right?

That way once the Mobile bubble bursts , every developer will be out of business and we can repeat the gaming crash of the 70s again.

Then we wait for Nintendo to make the NES 2 and save gaming again.

BUT BROOO... Dont you know how much effort they put into developing hats ( totally not done by the fanbase). Hats and Patches by a certain company > Shitty AAA game son peasant consoles.

Archived