PS3 FAQ

CarbonCore

Guys i forgot my password of my login id and i had put a bogus birthday while signing in and now i am almost dead to rights...help what to do

If I am not wrong, I had read somewhere about resetting the password or resetting the user...Search karo bhai...else :censored:

Is there any update on this? I am on 4.21 with a newly purchased PS3. Completely a noob here, was "only" playing games for a month, and now realised about exploring other options. When I try to visit the PSN Store etc it prompts me to update software. Haven't done that so far. Help needed

You will need to update the software. I hate this part of PS3....compulsory update when you get online else it does not let you proceed to use several online features !

Get used to things like that.

A lot of downloads/updates dont resume but start from zero if your net drops. There are game patches that are more than 500-1000MB+, a lot of games actually have more than 1 patch. Frequent updates to the Firmware that add almost nothing for 90% of the users. Background downloading is only available for some things. It cannot download anything if its powered off. And sometimes just for shits and giggles, your download will finish and when you go to install it, it will be corrupted.

Coming off from places like XBL and Steam, its like moving back 10 years.

Use this -

http://archive.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=115651&cat_id=899

Its gonna save you tons of hassle when it comes to downloading those f**king ridiculous patches.

yeah use PS3 Proxy. It is a must IMO. The downloading system is stupid unless you are PS Plus user. I am PS Plus user and I still dont use background downloads, because PS3Proxy method is way more reliable.

http://archive.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=115651&cat_id=899&page=2

Its pretty cut and dry on the second page. Are you sure you are following all the steps?

Once the file is downloaded navigate to the Replace files TAB on the PS3 Proxy server and do what the article says.

i have to share this experience wid u guys

my ps3 broke down on 28th of june 2012, i bought it from flipkart on 18th of june 2011 so i was really pissd and was hoping for some miracle....i wasnt able to track my invoice so i requested flipkart guys to mail me the soft copy and they did that widin an hour through email, in that soft copy 28/06/2012 was in bold (date on which i rcvd soft copy).

i went to lajpat store provided dem bill and warranty card( which was valid till july 2012) and was preparing myself to fight and to my utter surprise day dint ask me anything they took that bold date as date of invoice :bigyellowgrin:

and not only did i get a new ps3 but also got a year warranty more :rofl:

i have to share this experience wid u guys

my ps3 broke down on 28th of june 2012, i bought it from flipkart on 18th of june 2011 so i was really pissd and was hoping for some miracle....i wasnt able to track my invoice so i requested flipkart guys to mail me the soft copy and they did that widin an hour through email, in that soft copy 28/06/2012 was in bold (date on which i rcvd soft copy).

i went to lajpat store provided dem bill and warranty card( which was valid till july 2012) and was preparing myself to fight and to my utter surprise day dint ask me anything they took that bold date as date of invoice :bigyellowgrin:

and not only did i get a new ps3 but also got a year warranty more :rofl:

How Much Time Did It take for the replacement to be given to u

Hi Guys,

Have a basic query regarding HDMI cord. Currently I was using PS3 without the HDMI cord. I had one wire to the power socket from the console and one wire to the TV from the console (which had 3 colored pins – White/Red/Yellow). Now with HDMI do I need to keep the colored wire attached or should I remove it? i.e. both the colored wire and HDMI should be attached or will it be just the HDMI? I would have tried it myself but I am not at home and will be able to do so only this weekend.

Also will the console detect the HDMI automatically? I mean do I need to make some settings? If yes which settings? Will they come up while starting the console?

The colored wire is (I am guessing) Composite. Is this what you were looking at?

Aqou.jpg

If thats the case then yeah, you can ditch it. HDMI carries both audio and video and you dont really need that shitty composite cable anymore.

The PS3 should detect HDMI automatically and set the resolution appropriately IIRC. Just plug it in, switch your TV to HDMI input and it should be good to go. You can double check by going to Display settings in your PS3 menu to make sure its running at the proper Resolution.

Just buy any one. There isnt really any difference between one that costs 300 and one that costs 2000.

There is sometimes a difference. I bought an unbranded cable for Rs. 140 (ebay ftw as always), it works fine at 720p but at 1080p it keeps skipping the signal for like a second every 10 seconds.

I eventually managed to get my hands on an HDMI cable which came bundled with a friend's Sony TV. Point to note : the TV is 720p but I am using that cable with my monitor at 1080p and it works perfectly. My friend is using my cable, so win-win for both :bigyellowgrin: .

I guess Belkin HDMI cables are of good quality and don't cost too much so you can try those.

Archived