Official Wii-U Thread

Dude....go for it....Amazon has further dropped 10GBP on the deal when i booked it for.

Though Ntsc U?C wii u is much preferrable but you gonna still have to deal with importing whether it be ntsc u/c or pal because Ntsc u/c games available here are too highly priced and still difficult to find.

My original intention was to buy a Wii..but then i saw Wii U is backwards compatible so thought of going for that.. NTSC games are easily available in Bangalore..Whereas when price is concerned it'll cost me around $60 which is almost equal to importing any title...I've missed a lot of Wii games so maybe seconds are easily available here if its NTSC..If PAL then got to import those as well..

Also i have a Canadian Colleague..and he is going home for holidays during Q1 2015...i can tell him to bring and save money on shipping..Or else if i become desperate i might pick it up in Jan during my b'day :P

I don't think anyone here owns here a PAL Wii U..you'll be the first so let me know your experience with it..and i might consider..

My original intention was to buy a Wii..but then i saw Wii U is backwards compatible so thought of going for that.. NTSC games are easily available in Bangalore..Whereas when price is concerned it'll cost me around $60 which is almost equal to importing any title...I've missed a lot of Wii games so maybe seconds are easily available here if its NTSC..If PAL then got to import those as well..

Also i have a Canadian Colleague..and he is going home for holidays during Q1 2015...i can tell him to bring and save money on shipping..Or else if i become desperate i might pick it up in Jan during my b'day :P

I don't think anyone here owns here a PAL Wii U..you'll be the first so let me know your experience with it..and i might consider..

Well if you have options then i would say go for wii u ntsc version.

In my case ...Wii u Ntsc would have been more difficult than getting pal one. As Amazon USA does not sell nintendo console directly or i would have gone for it once i could get a good deal.

Amazon UK is shipping so i wont have any issue and shipping aint much to hurt also.

Btw i am not the first to own wii u pal ...Sach4life already has Pal wii u.

I dont see my self buying much games on wii u anyways ...will end up buying one or two games max in a year.

Yeah its Bayo 1 on steroids. Only played 1st level and stopped because I'm doing Bayo 1 replay first, but this is on whole another level. The stuff you do on screen during gameplay is 2 steps above what other action games manage in a cutscene. Just play the demo when you get the system, you'll probably have to step outside and take deep breaths after you finish the demo, no hyperbole :P

Congratulations Bro!...decent offer thought..as i have seen this offer even before black friday..... but i still feel could have been much better had you gone to store and bought.

To give you an example..Kohl's is having a deal with xbox one for $329 ...plus $15 off on every $50 spend.

so on a $300 wii u also you could have still saved $15 x6- $90.

its just for today.

Bro, get this...

for $25 +$5 shipping you get both nunchuck and remote .

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150198

Le le....kuch kuch wii games are really worth playing and nintendo will make sure of wii mote on wii u also.

Yea...I would have liked it if i could get it shipped to India but i needed better offer than that also. Like what i got with Pal Wii u....for Rs 18k i am getting 4 games...Wii mote controller....and wii u.

Dude....go for it....Amazon has further dropped 10GBP on the deal when i booked it for.

Though Ntsc U?C wii u is much preferrable but you gonna still have to deal with importing whether it be ntsc u/c or pal because Ntsc u/c games available here are too highly priced and still difficult to find.

Holy sh*t, that Kohl's offer :-o. U need either a car or a friend as enthusiastic about gaming as you are to shop locally during black Friday though. I may have have one of them by next black Friday. :P BTW, would Kohl's have given me super Mario 3d and nintendo ka landh with their 3300-$90 offer?

BTW, that eshop nunchuk/remote link is not working. What about the usual controller? I've seen both the pro controller and the GameCube controller. I just need something to be able to play co-op/versus games locally. Which controller should I get in that case? Getting a second tablet gamepad is not necessary for that, right?

Well if you have options then i would say go for wii u ntsc version.

In my case ...Wii u Ntsc would have been more difficult than getting pal one. As Amazon USA does not sell nintendo console directly or i would have gone for it once i could get a good deal.

Amazon UK is shipping so i wont have any issue and shipping aint much to hurt also.

Btw i am not the first to own wii u pal ...Sach4life already has Pal wii u.

I dont see my self buying much games on wii u anyways ...will end up buying one or two games max in a year.

Why didn't you go for this bundle...it shows £219 but comes to £182.50 when added in cart and checkout comes to £190...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FS23T26/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=02YSWZPFYZ0ECJVJ6TCH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

Yeah its Bayo 1 on steroids. Only played 1st level and stopped because I'm doing Bayo 1 replay first, but this is on whole another level. The stuff you do on screen during gameplay is 2 steps above what other action games manage in a cutscene. Just play the demo when you get the system, you'll probably have to step outside and take deep breaths after you finish the demo, no hyperbole :P

Lol all platinum games are like that. Normal gameplay looks like cutscenes :P MGR was extreme. Hope they make mgr 2.

Holy sh*t, that Kohl's offer :-o. U need either a car or a friend as enthusiastic about gaming as you are to shop locally during black Friday though. I may have have one of them by next black Friday. :P BTW, would Kohl's have given me super Mario 3d and nintendo ka landh with their 3300-$90 offer?

BTW, that eshop nunchuk/remote link is not working. What about the usual controller? I've seen both the pro controller and the GameCube controller. I just need something to be able to play co-op/versus games locally. Which controller should I get in that case? Getting a second tablet gamepad is not necessary for that, right?

here is the link...

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150198

I think one of you can play with tablet and other can play with motion...As for going for another tablet gamepad . I dont think Nintendo even sells it separately and its very expensive ..Last i heard about $150.

Why didn't you go for this bundle...it shows £219 but comes to £182.50 when added in cart and checkout comes to £190...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FS23T26/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=02YSWZPFYZ0ECJVJ6TCH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

It still nothing compared to what i am getting on basic pack...In this i am getting new super mario bros. and lugi bros......in that i am getting 3d world, mario kart, wii u Party ..wii u NintendoLand and wii mote plus all this for 15GBP less...15 GBO hogaya Rs 1500 less....kam nahi hai woh bhi. ..toh jab kam mein jyada mil reha hai toh main woh kyuon loon.

here is the link...

I think one of you can play with tablet and other can play with motion...As for going for another tablet gamepad . I dont think Nintendo even sells it separately and its very expensive ..Last i heard about $150.

Ya, I just searched for it, and couldn't get anything. I think this may be the first time a console has a controller that cannot be bought separately. How stupid is that? BTW, what other accessories are important? Screenguards, extra battery, etc.?

Ya, I just searched for it, and couldn't get anything. I think this may be the first time a console has a controller that cannot be bought separately. How stupid is that? BTW, what other accessories are important? Screenguards, extra battery, etc.?

I just purchased a screen guard ..Hori ka ...bc Rs 1000 lag gaya...but i did not wanted to take the risk. So i ordered it anyways.

Though cc and sach4life said they dont use screengaurd.

I just purchased a screen guard ..Hori ka ...bc Rs 1000 lag gaya...but i did not wanted to take the risk. So i ordered it anyways.

Though cc and sach4life said they dont use screengaurd.

Nope. Also some screen guards actually make the screen less sensitive since Nintendo uses older type of touchscreen, one that relies upon how much pressure you put on the screen.

Nope. Also some screen guards actually make the screen less sensitive since Nintendo uses older type of touchscreen, one that relies upon how much pressure you put on the screen.

So, its just like 3ds screen.That's why everyone recommended me not put a screenguard..

So, its just like 3ds screen.That's why everyone recommended me not put a screenguard..

Yes, it is the same resistive touchscreen as DS/3DS, which means the thickness and flexibility of outer film decides how sensitive the screen is. If you put something on it that's rigid and doesn't flex down easily when you press the stylus on it, it will miss the input. I had this issue with 3DS so just removed it completely.

Yes, it is the same resistive touchscreen as DS/3DS, which means the thickness and flexibility of outer film decides how sensitive the screen is. If you put something on it that's rigid and doesn't flex down easily when you press the stylus on it, it will miss the input. I had this issue with 3DS so just removed it completely.

I read reviews on hori...some did talked about wii u gamepad nto responsive ...but most of them had no issues.

I hope i have not wasted money that i have tried to save on these deals...

No the Hori ones are the best, they've been making them for years so they know what they're doing. Even on DS where top and bottom screens are identical size, they specifically tell you which one to put on the touchscreen. You will still lose some sensitivity, its just basic science, but its not a big deal with Hori.

Archived