The Football Thread

Xeno

Blackburn's global advisor Shebby Singh has apologised to Steve Kean and Morten Gamst Pedersen for comments he made at a fans' forum. Singh stated on Saturday that manager Kean would be sacked if Rovers lost three games in a row at the start of the season. He has now had time to reflect on the way his remarks came across and issued a public statement to express his regret. "I would like to send an apology to Steve Kean because some things were said on Saturday," said Singh. "I think they would have hurt Steve Kean's feelings and for that I sincerely apologise. "Some things are said in jest that don't come across like that when repeated but I am not making excuses. I apologise for hurting any feelings." Singh also backtracked on comments he made about Pedersen, after intimating he was no longer fit enough to earn his place in the team. "I would also like to apologise to Morten Gamst Pedersen for what was said. There are no excuses and Morten is a great character," added Singh. "My blunt honesty also sometimes upsets people and sometimes rubs people up the wrong way. "I am making efforts to bring the club back to the fans and in trying to do that I have gone too far. I am trying to find the middle ground."

:roflroll:

From EkstraBladet, a Danish newspaper.

It says this about him: "He is going to be a legend.

Agger has told Liverpool that he will refuse any offers from Man City because of his loyalty to the club, even though the management was ready to sell him."

I f**king love him.

I hope he stays, I don't want to see us selling one of our best players but the other thing is that we haven't been linked yet with another defender, which we'd surely need to buy if Agger were to leave have we?

“I have not been told anything by the club regarding the transfer. It is not up to me to judge whether it’s weird or not. That is how the club has decided that it should be. I can not do anything," he told Politiken.

“This period is every year, but I take it quietly with a smile. There has not been anything from the club so far, there’s no reason for me to be worried. “

“I know there has been something from Manchester City, but i dont know what Liverpool thinks of it”

“I’m fine with my situation. The club must find out what they want. I have heard nothing from them. I’d rather be here, but it’s not me who has the decision at the moment.”

He added: “Liverpool may just make the transfer, even though I have two years left. But no, I have not changed my mind on the subject when I said I will not play for other English clubs than Liverpool, but sometimes you can still get in a situation where it’s not your decision.”

“I will not stay in a place where I am not wanted, but I’d rather be here. This is my priority.”

So Proud of Agger .In an age where everyone is hungry for money and trophies,the guy wants to stay on and fight to get us back .If I was the manager I just could not sell him no matter what I am offered .Even if he does go then he will always be respected very highly by true Reds Fans.

Please dont sell him Rogers