Suggestions for a new laptop

AMG

DA FUQ? Whatcha talking bro? My proccy has 512kb cache and it can run all games. Whats that got to do with games? It will affect performance, but not running the game? That cannot be the reason for NOT running the game. The L2 and L3 caches differ due to different processor architectures. IIRC, earlier AMD dual cores didn't even have L3 cache or something like that.

LOl sorry that I didn't make myself clear. It easily runs the game....but the framerate drops very frequently because of the cache size bottleneck (don't worry about how I concluded that....I worked with Codemasters developers to help find out that part :P ) and hence renders the game unplayable.....this is THE processor intensive game my PC has played in the last year.

Now suggest me what you'd do with that budget :chair:

Thanks AMG, repped.

Okay, I'm liking both Lappys, excpet for the 0.3MP webcam in the Asus. Also, both use the I5 with a 3MB cache....How good/bad is a 3MB cache in an I5. My current dual core proccy has a 3MB cache and couldn't run F1 2011 just because of that limitation. I don't know anything about the I5's architecture and hence am asking. I'm thinking HCL among the 2 options suggested.

@Others, any other lappys that I should be taking a look at?

What did you buy? :scratchchin:

how serious are you about gaming on the laptop?

Not hell-bent. I just want it to be able to run all the games till date, planning to play games ocassionally. Also, 2 or so years down the lane, it'll give me good general performance as well. Primary concerns include standby time (I know gaming and battery don't go hand in hand, but still :P ), weight, screen quality (something that doesn't hurt my eye), peripheral features such as mem card slots, BT, VGA/HDMI out, etc.

Why'd you ask this question? And what's your suggestion?

I would get HP dv4 3016tx at your budget.

It costs 43k.

Comes with

i5 2410M

4GB Ram

1GB 6750M Graphics

500GB HDD

Win 7 HB

14inch screen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If u prefer 15.6inch screen,

Then Acer aspire 5750G 2414G50Mnkk(black)orbb(blue)

Rs.40000

comes with

i5 2410M

4GB Ram

1GB DDR3 GT540M Graphics

500GB HDD

15.6inch 1366x768 screen

If u can extend ur budget lil more then

Lenovo Ideapad

Y570 (59-301914)

Intel i5 2410M

4GB Ram

1GB GT 550M with optimus

750GB HDD

15.6 inch screen

• 4 months later...

Toshiba Satellite L850 Satellite L850-Y5310 Laptop 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/750GB/2GB graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN Series 5 NP550P5C-S01IN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Dell New Inspiron 15R SE 3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graphics/ Win 7 HP Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

Requirement: Gaming (casual) (I mean I will be playing hardcore games like BF3, but I don't need ultra high details just so that they can see the shadow of their player have more details)

I do understand that the Toshiba has the best processor,and the worst Graphic card

The Samsung has a good GPU, but the processor is lame.

The Dell is the jack of all trades, has a decent GPU(though the one on Samsung is better), and a decent processor, though the one on Toshiba is better. (Remember 3610 is better than 3612, dont get fooled by the name.)

I would suggest, dont go with brand. Go with configurations. If you get good configs with some less famous brand for cheap then go for it. You will be pis*ed of if you get hard times with good brand. I used Sony WAIO FE series. Was good config. Worked a year or so and then gave me lot of troubles. Bought another one. But not famous one. but with i7 processor. Almost two years now with no problems...... :bigyellowgrin:

Dude, those three laptops in the post above you are best specced laptops I could find.

And I dont exactly care about the brand, though I do care about the build quality, as my handling is what you would call rough, to put it in milder language.

Archived