PSX Download Helper

silentassassin

Heard about this tool in the Internet thread in General Chatter..

You can download it here

https://psxdownloadhelper.codeplex.com/

English Version

Did some research and got some tutorials as well.

Tutorial

Tutorial

Has anyone tried this tool out ?

I did on the PS4 and it worked fine. I don't go for Digital downloads, but it's good for downloading those big arse updates or the demos. Plus, I guess my ISP caches PSN content, so I'm somehow end up getting 10MBps for all the files. :D

It's very convenient for people who have limited bandwidth or their PSN downloads on console absolutely suck.

Works with ps3 like a charm, Also it does catch in a link more than 4gigs file unlike ps4 splitting.

That's odd. I never saw a file greater than 4GB in size for a single PKG. That's the max size it allows per link and hence all the larger games are split per the 4GB allotment per link.

I was not able to download driveclub via proxy . When i was transfering the first 4GB it was not picking it up past 30MB. But the single file patches worked fine around 2 GB.Any workaround for the above problem?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

That's odd. I never saw a file greater than 4GB in size for a single PKG. That's the max size it allows per link and hence all the larger games are split per the 4GB allotment per link.

I believe the 4 gig restriction is because of fat32

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I just checked with Dishonored which is 7.79 gigs as showing in my IDM.

And I have not tried with patches, I am only a plus gamer, I dont recall installing any patch for any game that I have played in my 3years stint :P

So you have depend on someone else regarding the patch working on ps3.

And there was a ps3 proxy a year back which was similar to this, but it did not support patches as people used to say.

I just checked with Dishonored which is 7.79 gigs as showing in my IDM.

And I have not tried with patches, I am only a plus gamer, I dont recall installing any patch for any game that I have played in my 3years stint :P

So you have depend on someone else regarding the patch working on ps3.

And there was a ps3 proxy a year back which was similar to this, but it did not support patches as people used to say.

You can dl and install patches using proxy if you have PS Plus on PS3

Yeah it did work, But after an update when the different server thing came the patches didnt work for proxy,

We had a thread on here about that a few years back.

You have to download patches in background and disable your internet while transferring the file

I was not able to download driveclub via proxy . When i was transfering the first 4GB it was not picking it up past 30MB. But the single file patches worked fine around 2 GB.Any workaround for the above problem?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

was able to download whole 27 GB@512kbps driveclub with patches via proxy. Works flawlessly.

Archived