The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

While I do not know what you drive etc. For years have had a S as a daily driver and I don't think there is anything as practical as it, but then yeah you can have your opinions.

Autonomous driving is something all are working towards, even the W220 itself was like the first step with Distronic etc, but none of these systems take away the driving pleasure, and the pampering is a big bonus.

Keeping it's interiors / Quality aside the Ride itself is a leap over the W221, which itself was a benchmark on it's own, ABC equipped or not.

While I do not know what you drive etc. For years have had a S as a daily driver and I don't think there is anything as practical as it, but then yeah you can have your opinions.

Autonomous driving is something all are working towards, even the W220 itself was like the first step with Distronic etc, but none of these systems take away the driving pleasure, and the pampering is a big bonus.

Keeping it's interiors / Quality aside the Ride itself is a leap over the W221, which itself was a benchmark on it's own, ABC equipped or not.

Good for you mate. I will be the first one to admit that it's a bloody good car to have as a daily driver. I have no use for such systems and can't get excited about them. No doubting the interiors but I am not exactly itching for S class's ride quality when I am driving.

booked the activa ...grey <_<

got hold of a broker who claims to deliver before the wait period at a premium of course :ack:

edit: forgot to post this -- Simmy BC :chair: -- Maestro suggest kiya merko :chair: -- uska accelerator pura ghuma ke bhi 60 jaane mei rota hai gaadi :angry:

honda engine wasted :thumbdown:

Edited by kunallkw

Honestly Speaking a lot is exaggerated, Yes Mercedes until 2 years back did not offer Service packages, but under Good Will warranty they pretty much fixed anything that went bad, but then again few friends in Mumbai have had major issues, the way I see it in India once you buy a car you are dependent on the dealers / car makers in a bad way considering we do not have Lemon laws,

But yes BMW gives you that peace of mind in terms of BSI etc. But now MB India too is getting quite amazing for anyone who thinks costs will be an issue, esp. with the new MFA platform cars (A/B/CLA/GLA) you will see a whole new ways to get a Mercedes. Including low interest rates with lower EMI's for those who must spend, and better maintenance packages etc.

And at the end it's a Mercedes-Benz! The Best car in the world! They have had few bad years, but let every model come, the others will be left wondering, what just happened,

everywhere I read mercs are the most expensive to maintain.

care to comment?

compared to audi/bmw

BMW India's got bigger issues than the 3, a lot began from the time Peter left, they just could not find a better replacement, and honestly speaking besides the 3 not having LED Tail lamps I love it, we have 2 328i's at home and would not change it for anything, but we saw the new C during the S Class event and that car is going to piss all over the 3.

Also Mercedes coming at #2 without their product offensive itself is a huge step, wait till ML kits are available in plenty, right now some models demand a 4 month wait unless you are close to someone, GL is a huge hit, A, B, CLA, E Facelift, S, CL, GLA, C, ..........

Also Mercedes Financial is taking a big step in ensuring lower EMI is not higher Rates, it's just purely amazing, E itself is being configured so well for India, and this is only a facelift, more than enough to pull it for 3 years when the all new E launches for which from 2014 MB India is going to look for vendors for a lot more localization.

Yeah, they're back into the number two slot here in India after a while. Of course, that's mainly due to the incredible c*ck-ups of BMW India and their fugly 3 series but that's an entirely different story.

Also BMW is running out of ideas, esp for it's interiors, they did a wonderful 5, but after that find nothing as impressive, new 1 looks funny, new 3 needs some updates to their lower models, 7 is such a pathetic car, X3 is like an ignored bastard child, the damn X3 20d has rear view camera and 30d does not, X1 sells no matter how rubbish it is thanks to it's wannabe SUV looks, 6 drives worst than a whale on wheels (Only sells thanks to it's 40d variants) so some think it's a diesel sports car, GRR!!

The upcoming X5 itself is such an evolution considering the previous X5 started the new BMW interior layout trend I expected them to do the same but no they follow the same old layout,

And Audi? I won't even speak of those upgraded VW's / Skoda's!

Audi's about as cookie cutter as it gets among the Germans but the difference is, I think, that that's exactly what they are shooting for. On an average they've got the best interiors in their segments which is what I'd guess the average Indian consumer demands first and foremost. You cannot argue against their success or business model.

They do make some interesting cars though — R8 V10 Plus, S4, Q7 V12. And guess what. For all the complaints about Audi being boring (most of them valid) they have an amazing motorsports pedigree as compared to BMW. Big thumbs up for that.

Yes, their business model is good on paper but just like BMW has been doing last 2-3 years, you will soon see them go down as they are making very little money, their dealers are stuffed with inventory, they just keep pushing cars, yes it is working for them, but I think their interior quality is highly exaggerated, it's more over done than good , so is their rubbish weight saving stuff, as much as they brag about it, Mercedes can pretty much Match them being close enough to negate any marketing, and BMW on the other hand keeps getting fatter, idiots don't have a spare wheel on the F10 and it still got heavy, so much for them in late 90's using that as their way to save weight in the future.

Audi makes interesting cars like R8, the entire economies of scale advantage VAG has is not even funny, heck we could use Skoda Park sensors on our Spur, but yeah it does work to their advantage in terms of Platform / Engine / Parts sharing.

I'm just having a blast as Mercedes teaches the world how to rise back, Wait for the next C, C AMG, heck the E facelift itself AMG S models are soooo good, sadly RHD models don't get them :(

Audi's about as cookie cutter as it gets among the Germans but the difference is, I think, that that's exactly what they are shooting for. On an average they've got the best interiors in their segments which is what I'd guess the average Indian consumer demands first and foremost. You cannot argue against their success or business model.

They do make some interesting cars though — R8 V10 Plus, S4, Q7 V12. And guess what. For all the complaints about Audi being boring (most of them valid) they have an amazing motorsports pedigree as compared to BMW. Big thumbs up for that.

I like the way how new A3 looks, pretty much few of the cars that might be in my budget when i decide to pick the next car, will have to see how merc places the C, finance wise.

Mate A3 will go head on with the CLA, and please get the CLA!

New C will launch in India sometime in Q3/Q4 2014, will have a start price of above 31 to make space for CLA in the 24-30 Bracket.

I like the way how new A3 looks, pretty much few of the cars that might be in my budget when i decide to pick the next car, will have to see how merc places the C, finance wise.