Kickstarter projects

Has anyone bought anything from a successful Kickstarter project ? What did you buy ? How was the experience ? Does anyone have a negative experience?

I want to buy one of these

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/637878316/nock-co-pen-cases-hand-made-in-the-usa?ref=live

A bit on the expensive side but I have not come across anything good in the Indian market so far.

Has anyone bought anything from a successful Kickstarter project ? What did you buy ? How was the experience ? Does anyone have a negative experience?

I want to buy one of these

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/637878316/nock-co-pen-cases-hand-made-in-the-usa?ref=live

A bit on the expensive side but I have not come across anything good in the Indian market so far.

Discuss this in imports section.

Discuss this in imports section.

I actually thought of posting it in the imports section but I was not sure if a lot of people would be interested in it. And I assumed if the mods could always move it if they feel (which is what happened btw).

Getting back to topic, I am glad there are atleast a few people who used Kickstarter.

About shipping charges, some projects say there is $x for shipping outside the US - I assume this does not include customs. But are there any additional charges that might occur ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys,

My kickstarter reward was shipped on Feb 22nd. Any idea how long it can take? It was shipped via USPS and I know that my local post office people are reliable. My guess is that it is probably stuck at customs. Any idea how to find out if the package has arrived somewhere ?

^^ I do have a tracking number. The last update to that is that it left the Miami facility in US on Feb 23rd. No updates since.

EDIT: I have got packages (mostly games/books) from Amazon as well as Amazon marketplace sellers in around 10-15 days. This package is pencases. So that is the only difference I see.

A couple of games in the 'Popular' kickstarter campaigns that are yet to be funded:

MERCS: Recon is a fully cooperative, stand-alone game set in the exciting MERCS world.

MERCS: Recon is a fully cooperative, stand-alone game set in the exciting MERCS world. Players infiltrate an opposing MegaCon location, fight through crowded hallways, capture and interrogate employees, find mission objectives, and secure the package.

cca998777a6f67d9b300b0ded1819b99_large.j

Planets³ is a 3D open-world voxel-based RPG (first person view).

Imagined by video game lovers, Planets³ (pronounced «planetscube») combines the excitement of role playing with the pleasure of construction and the boundless freedom to roam about in a 3D universe. Its intricate plot and outstanding voxel based design offers opportunities for intense action and unlimited creativity. Planets³ has been designed to promote multi-player gameplay, to share the fun with friends.
Today, in the early development stage, all the elements are in place to develop a first PC (windows) release. What we need now is your help to make it happen!

aac76873b0a176110bb4eda078a90311_large.j

Also, unrelated to gaming,

MicroView: Chip-sized Arduino with built-in OLED Display!

The MicroView is the first chip-sized Arduino compatible that lets you see what your Arduino is thinking using a built-in OLED display.

d5d34f67cb573d6914c9f727ad561e71_large.g

^Uska campaign fund hoke,stores mai bik ke,dakar maar ke sab hogaya

Now you only have to bury it

mere ko pata hai mamu..but the console is underwhelming later on - boleto mereko jama nahin

OUTCAST HD -- Kickstarter

Outcast is an action-adventure game developed in 1999 for the PC. It was one of the first 3d game to offer non-linear gameplay, free-roaming environments, combats against clever reactive AI, excellent voice acting, symphonic music, and 20+ hours of highly engrossing adventure. It was rated 90% by PC Gamer and received the Editors’ choice award.

To quote GamesRadar:

"Okay, so the hero’s name is stupid and the plot sounds like a rehash of Stargate, but trust us, this action-adventure game was revolutionary. You could freely explore open world cities, mountains and forests (two years before GTA III). You could commandeer extraterrestrial vehicles – in this case, dinosaur-like creatures - for quicker transport (two years before Halo). You could pick and choose missions in the order that suited your playing style (nine years before Fallout 3)."

Outcast has been critically acclaimed to the point it has reach some cult status among many PC gamers. However, the software-only nature of the original engine meant the game has been ignored by many at a time when hardware-accelerated 3d polygons was becoming the norm (and they loved flat corridors apparently :P ). Now we have the opportunity to bring this fantastic game to a wider and newer audience and to reward existing fans with brand new visuals and improved game-play.

Source: Kickstarter

The Seed

Story-driven post-apocalyptic video game set in Eastern Europe, 2026. Single-player 2D interactive novel deeply rooted in psychology

Kickstarter

MDT, the team behind the award winning S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Misery Mod, present a seminal project taking the form of a post-apocalyptic visual novel and showcasing the gravity of choice. Your choice.

Imagine you are one of the last surviving members of the human race. After all your family and friends were lost in the struggle with an invisible foe, it is solely up to you to slowly crawl back from the depths of hell, against all odds. In 2026, 11 years after the global apocalypse our Russian protagonist – played by you – is forced to abandon his underground shelter for the very first time after the disaster, beginning the journey that will change his life forever. Prepare for a world of pain and struggle in this single player story-driven interactive story game with rich plot branching and moral dilemmas. Let the plot unfold according to your mental focus and your survival priorities.

b17d9fc61f68b7a51d08ecbaf8cfeced_large.j

Archived