wii u from amazon

Hii gamers..I have a question..can you tell me abouy customs and shipping like the amount I have to pay? I am thinking of importing a Wii u from amazon.com and this is my first time in importing so little afraid..will there be any problem in customs and how much I have to pay? cost is 300$ roughly 19000 and will any Indian credit card work? thanks in advance ; will wait for advice..

I had got the Wii U off , GEB ebay, for 26k in Sept 13, the 8Gb model , yes u will have to pay import duty at 28.28 Percent.

What you need to know:-

1. It's available in India for 40k (u already know that)

2. Ensure the shipping is thru a decent courier company and not usps , cos that would lead to u having to go for custom clearance

3. Import Duty is added to ur cost , some shipments don't add import duty which u have to pay on arrival, so that becomes a problem.

4 . In case ur console goes bad , u will get no service / repairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the advice :)

now Wii u 32 GB is 300$ just like the 8gb one...but still I can't find below 30000 inr even in geb

doesn't amazon takes the custom fees at checkout?

and about the warranty part..I know..its a great risk actually..wish Nintendo would come here...

BTW do we get insurance from geb?

now Wii u 32 GB is 300$ just like the 8gb one...but still I can't find below 30000 inr even in geb

and about the warranty part..I know..its a great risk actually..wish Nintendo would come here...

Bro, I did not get any Insurance from Geb, I kind of got lucky back then as all other listings were at least 10k more than the 26k I paid ....

Amazon does take Custom Fees at checkout , however in cases where it is a seller selling and not amazon is when there is an issue some do and some don't , so do go thru the checkout bit carefully.

Hope u do get the console soon, cos it is indeed a lot of fun !!!

Cheers

Bro, I did not get any Insurance from Geb, I kind of got lucky back then as all other listings were at least 10k more than the 26k I paid ....

Amazon does take Custom Fees at checkout , however in cases where it is a seller selling and not amazon is when there is an issue some do and some don't , so do go thru the checkout bit carefully.

Hope u do get the console soon, cos it is indeed a lot of fun !!!

Cheers

Hey , I am played Super Mario 3d , Duck Tales remastered , trine 2, shall get Donkey Kong next month ( it comes out on 22 feb), smash bros and mario kart....

I was just looking hat the geb site , u can still get an 8 gb console for 26k , why don't u get that , I think it's a decent deal ... What say !!!

@OP, I would SERIOUSLY suggest you check out the grey market for a NTSC Wii-U :) You can bargain a lot and you get to personally check out the console before purchase. It's an absolute WIN-WIN :)

You know, just tell the grey market shop - "Lena hai, ABHI lena hai, what's the final price you can manage" and they'll start taking you seriously.

To tell you the truth, many grey market shops have Wii-Us gathering dust because not many people are interested in it, so they just want to offload their investment and get their money out, so you can haggle a lot.

You can also tell them "Prices have come down internationally" and that "Ye shop to itne mein de raha hai, why should I buy it from you ?"

Trust me, the above method works EVERYTIME :D

@kazekage..lol that's a great idea..rlly liked ur idea :P

but the prob is...unlike you I dun live in Mumbai..

I live in Assam..here no grey market..people here still buy ps2..PSP and nobody knows a thing about Nintendo unlike few like me...

@tiny throne...yes I saw...still the basic model is there for 26k...but the buyers of the first batch of Wii u has to update to a mandatory firmware which is over GB..I guess 3gb...and if I any chance net gets DC or power cut your Wii u is bricked for good...and that's the reason I am avoiding the basic model( all basic model are of the first batch since its now DC..right?)

Yes , u need to do the mandatory install , it ain't 3Gb , a lil over 1gb .... And yes u do run the risk of console getting bricked , I can use a power backup for that.

As a matter if fact I had to unplug my wii u during the install but it did not brick (thankfully !!)

I ve also seen a console selling for 33k in Delhi again white , maybe when u do travel to a city which has a proper grey market u could try ur luck !!!

surely :) wen I do travel to Mumbai or Delhi then I will surely get a Wii u..BTW man..u got rlly lucky DAT or condole didn't brick...

BTW I hope u get bayonetta 2 and x too for ur Wii u

..those two r rlly looking promising...

and a question..suppose I m playing my Wii u and there is a power cut..then will it damage my Wii u and can I use a ups for it or I directly connect it to my inverter?

surely :) wen I do travel to Mumbai or Delhi then I will surely get a Wii u..BTW man..u got rlly lucky DAT or condole didn't brick...

BTW I hope u get bayonetta 2 and x too for ur Wii u

..those two r rlly looking promising...

and a question..suppose I m playing my Wii u and there is a power cut..then will it damage my Wii u and can I use a ups for it or I directly connect it to my inverter?

Ya bro , I know I got lucky wit the wii u update :)

Don't worry about power outages during normal game times , u don need an inverter !!

The next game I ll get is Dk in March /April , I am trying to budget my game purchases and buy a game only after a gap of 6 weeks , so the next game I get shall be thief (ps4) / dk (wii u )basis their ratings .

Then I shall buy smash n yoshi later in the year cos I take long to finish dk s.

Do add me whenever u do buy a wii u !!! Also check out the miiverse , it's cool !!!

Archived