The Football Thread

Xeno

Juve target Llorente England bound

By Football Italia staff

Juventus’ hopes of landing Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente seem dead after the players’ agent spoke to the English Press.

The Bianconeri, desperate for a lead striker ahead of dual campaigns in Serie A and the Champions League, have been heavily linked with the forward dubbed 'The Lion King' in recent weeks.

However, Llorente's representative Arino Bajo has now made it clear that his client's likeliest destination is the Premier League.

"Tomorrow Llorente will speak about his destination,” Bajo informed The Telegraph.

“It is very, very possible he will decide to go to the Premier League. I don’t know the club at the moment but there are two interested. One is in London and one is in Manchester.”

Bajo refused to specify the identity of those suitors, but Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City are the favourites to sign the Spain international.

:scratchchin:

Saw the full match last night :bigyellowgrin: Everton were the better team :good: Fella was Awesome :good: Kagawa was good but will love to see him look for the through balls to strikers rather than Linking with the closest player all the time.RVP,well not enough time for him to do something :P Nani was total Sh*t :rofl:

Not a bad result for Arsenal :bigyellowgrin: Chelsea benefit,but they will fall coz still there is no service to Torres :furious: Why the hell buy such plyrs and play slow tempo :ranting: DiMatteo :slap: Get Mikel out plz........

Edited by hope

^^ ya that 2-0 win is fine over 4-2 win but still RDM is defensive in his tactics. If we can make goal scoring hell difficult for other than fine but the way wigan were creating chances, big teams will surely hv something on the score sheet. When we hv such a fantastic team we should try & dominate .

Why no 4-2-3-1 formation RDM ???

^

thats exactly what AVB tried last year.. to try and change a team instantly and that doesn't work.. ever.

I like the way RDM is trying to subtly phase out the old guard and introducing the new generation. Its good he's keeping the balance between exp and youth especially at the start of a new season..

Daniel sturridge. And why the hate for mikel ? He is doing his job silently and well, he is not supposed to be flashy.

Tell me, how did u rate makelele back in the days ?

The whole point of a defensive midfielder like Makelele was to win the ball and pass it properly,even sideways is fine .Mikel on the other hand wins the ball and then passes too slow or takes too long on the ball .

IMO he is Chelseas weakest link

Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Sevilla winger Jesus Navas.

i know its mostly speculation but it will be awesome if it does happen..sell walcott to liverpool for 20 million and get jesus navas for 15 million...profit of 5 million and vastly superior player...liverpool can also have jenkinson for 10 million if they wish.

Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Sevilla winger Jesus Navas.

i know its mostly speculation but it will be awesome if it does happen..sell walcott to liverpool for 20 million and get jesus navas for 15 million...profit of 5 million and vastly superior player...liverpool can also have jenkinson for 10 million if they wish.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The whole point of a defensive midfielder like Makelele was to win the ball and pass it properly,even sideways is fine .Mikel on the other hand wins the ball and then passes too slow or takes too long on the ball .

IMO he is Chelseas weakest link

now i am in no way saying mikel is going to be like makelele but he has the potential. but he is in his early 20s and can grow in the role, i for one am satisfied from his performance at wigan. the only other option we have in romeou, who god knows is where.