Indie games - and legal downloads

Bulovski

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
nice link - I loved some of them. Knytt is brilliant

Do check out Knytt Stories, from the same developer.

It comes with a level editor and the community is responsible for some really excellent custom levels.

Also, Saira, paid game, not free. Same developer.

Contribution

Aztaka - Side scroller, indie RPG with amazing graphics.

The game is available on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/37100/

There is a demo too at the official site http://aztaka.citeremis.com/

Screenshots

l8-sacredstatue.jpg

aztaka-2009-02-02-20-57-38-85.jpg

l8-skills.jpg

l10-boss2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Check out Spelunky at www.spelunkyworld.com.It is free for PC.It is the best platformer game I have ever played and has a lot of replay value.It is also going to be released as a XBLA title.It is made by Derek Yu,one of the creators(Bit Blot) of the famous indie game Aquaria and the iPhone game Diabolica.

Also check out Sleep is Death(www.sleepisdeath.net) created by Jason Rohrer, a 2player game and according to me one of the most revolutionary game concepts which even betters Scribblenauts and Crayon Physics Deluxe.You can grab 2 copies(DRM free) for only 14$.

Check out these games.The above two are among my favourite independent game developers.More will follow as I mostly play indie games.Also i have played every indie game posted above(i have been playing indie games for 5 years now) except carneywale showtime and cave story as i dont have a 360 and a wii.My first indie game was Tower of Goo(the prortype of World of Goo and WoG production had not even started back then)

Archived