Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

So they aren't infringing copyrights for the broadcast?

I mean if that is the case any website/TV channel can air/webcast movie without paying a dime to the studio.

They might be paying .

How did U come to the conclusion that they aren't playing

I have seen Saavn ads on TV

I dont understand Saavn's revenue system either. How are they allowed to continue without any payment scheme of any kind. They have mobile apps, a proper website. They might survive on ads (doubtful), but i wonder how the bollywood music labels are allowing it

There is some jhol for sure.

No jhol. They are completely legal. Read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saavn

^^ yeah, they are legal but might not be profitable (couldn't find any numbers apart from a vague guesstimate from 3 years back). But I see that they are trying to get tie ups with companies like facebook, google, htc, etc apart from ads for their revenue stream. They are in pretty early stages but I think that ultimately they will have to make it a freemium model to thrive.

whatever, who cares, thanks to apps like saavn/8tracks, i no longer have to d/l or copy songs to my mobile phone and meddle with playlisting them etc. 8 tracks has even better playlists. Currently, those are two of my most used android apps.

Edited by Ne0

^^ Legality is important because crackdowns are imminent. Just a few days ago court ordered banning of some 140 illegal music sharing sites. Legality of an operation ensures quality and longevity.

whatever, who cares, thanks to apps like saavn/8tracks, i no longer have to d/l or copy songs to my mobile phone and meddle with playlisting them etc. 8 tracks has even better playlists. Currently, those are two of my most used android apps.

There are two problems with streaming all the time. Data caps & SAAVN is mostly 64kbps. For me, it's good for getting which song is good in an album or when you remember a good song that's not with you and then heading to Flyte to purchase. It would be so great if I could use flyte right on the iPhone.

Their ad model for mobile apps isn't that profitable certainly. I'm not really looking at the app while listening to it. And on the computer they use flash.