The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai

K'dash

Another Awesome Bloody 2D Game....comin to LIVE B)

Genre: 2D Beat-'Em-Up > Action

Developer: Ska Software

The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai is an intense 2-D action platforming game with a unique highly stylized look and fast and fluid action. The game's hero is a lowly dishwasher (the occupation, not the appliance) who has lost everything, including his heart, at the hands of the deceptive and evil cyborg movement and is seeking revenge against a mechanized soulless army.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thedishwatercover.jpg

Developer(s) Ska Studios

Publisher(s) Microsoft Game Studios

Designer(s) James Silva

Engine Microsoft XNA

Platform(s) Xbox 360 (XBLA)

Release date(s) April 1, 2009[1]

Genre(s) Side-scroller, Beat 'em up

Mode(s) Single player, Multiplayer[2]

Rating(s) ESRB: M

Media Download

The Dishwasher is a 2D, side-scrolling, beat 'em up action game. Gameplay revolves around an unnamed protagonist, ostensibly a dishwasher, as he fights through waves of increasingly strong enemies until the boss fight and the end of the level. The player is given a basic starting weapon (meat cleavers) and can earn new weapons and upgrades by defeating bosses and collecting 'spirals' from defeated enemies. Weapons include the cleavers, a samurai sword, a machine gun/shotgun combo, chainsaw, and kama. Fighting is done through using either a basic attack, a strong attack, or a grab move, in combination or alone to string together chains of attacks for points. Enemies, once weakened, are susceptible to various 'finishing moves' that yield even more points and health to the player. There is also a magic system, dubbed Dish Magic, which can be bought at later levels. Also present is a guitar minigame, which can be played with the common guitar peripherals from the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series.

I jes played the TRIAL version of this game, the only way to describe this game is that its "neit , beautiful, very intense and brutal". I recommend everyone to download this game from LIVE. I think im going to buy this today itself, it costs only 800 MS points.

^^ really? even i played the trial and while the controls are very nice the combat gets out of hand really soon. didn't find anything really out of the way.

its ur opinion...but this game has everything, local and online co-op. And this is def the best 2d hack n slash game made, Everyone must download the demo for this one. Im sure they'll all end up buying the full game.

PS: Whoever said Castlevania is the best 2d game is def a moron.

PS: Whoever said Castlevania is the best 2d game is def a moron.

best 2d game - Braid undoubtedly. Also, Castlevania far superior in terms of gameplay smoothness, sheer mindnumbing difficulty, and graphics are about a million times better.

best 2d game - Braid undoubtedly. Also, Castlevania far superior in terms of gameplay smoothness, sheer mindnumbing difficulty, and graphics are about a million times better.

I knew u were gonna say that ..gah!! anyway every time i want to buy BAIRd, and i always end up buying all other arcade games, SMALL ARMS, DISHWASHER, Castlevania (accidently) ,Bionic Comando and Street fighter2 hd remix. Ive played BAIRD... but its seems a lil too neit and old fashioned. Anyway ill get it soon.

• 3 months later...

This game is the most awesome beat 'em available on XBLA after Castle Crashers. The art style is surreal and the moves are simply wicked.

Hard to believe it was programmed by just one dude over the course of 18 months, just using XNA.

Guys i just bought this game last night ! i cannot believe a 2d side scrolling game could be so awesome .Its like ryu hayabusa kicking a*s in style except that its in 2d.

And its almost as difficult as Ninja Gaiden Black.

Archived