Max Payne 3

SchizoidFreud

I hope they get these over with so they could start working on RDR 2 :)

Anyway, I am really looking forward to Max Payne 3. The latest batch of videos and screens have convinced me that this will be a proper sequel. I need to replay 1 and 2 before this arrives... it's been a long time!

^^ The quotes however were deliberately delivered in a hamfisted way. I always felt the game's script and voice acting were a tongue-in-cheek reference to noir-themed movies (in a good way of course). I never took it seriously.

Max Payne: Collecting evidence had gotten old a few hundred bullets back. I was already so far beyond the point of no return I couldn't remember what it had looked like when I had passed it.

Max Payne: When the darkness fell, New York City became something else, any old Sinatra song notwithstanding. Bad things happened in the night, on the streets of that other city. Noir York City.

Max Payne: [narrating] There was no glory in this. I hadn't asked for this crap. Trouble had come to me, in big dark swarms. The good and the just, they were like gold dust in this city. I had no illusions. I was not one of them. I was no hero. Just me and the gun, and the crook. My options had decreased to a singular course.

Max Payne: [narrating] They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was all over. The storm seemed to lose its frenzy. The ragged clouds gave way to the stars above.

NYPD Deputy Police Chief Jim Bravura: [over megaphone from helicopter] Max Payne, this is Deputy Chief Jim Bravura from the NYPD. We've got the building surrounded. Throw down your weapons and lie down with your hands behind your head!

Max Payne: [narrating] A bit closer to heaven.

Max Payne: I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.

Max Payne: [narrating] Life was good. The sun setting on a sweet summer's day. The smell of freshly mowed lawns, the sounds of children playing. A house across the river on the Jersey side. A beautiful wife and a baby girl. The American Dream come true.

Max Payne: Honey, I'm home!

Max Payne: [narrating] But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not looking. The sun went down with practiced bravado. Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding.

Max Payne: Michelle? Honey, anybody home?

Max Payne: [narrating] I didn't like the way the show started, but they had given me the best seat in the house: front row center.

^^ going to shop tommrow frist thing and purchasing both of them or myabe atleast the 1st one.each selling for 200 rs only.

played the damn game on dead on arrival some 2-3 times and still ready for more.

steam sale starts on monday, you'll probably be able to get both of them for 150 bucks total.

Yeah I picked them up during last year's sale.

And yeah the Kung-fu mod rocked! Someone had even created an Ultimate Matrix mod which combined kung-fu, a new Neo skin and weapons from the Matrix lobby shootout. There was even a "guns! lots of guns!" style endless weapon racks when you started the mod. Good times...

^^ Tell you what, Matrix is still the coolest sci-fi movie. I've not seen a sci-fi movie that doesn't look outdated inspite of all the tech wizardry we see in movies these days. I can still watch it from start to finish....and wont feel the SFX are tacky or lackluster. No other sci-fi movie has aged so well IMO.

Edited by Ne0

^^ Tell you what, Matrix is still the coolest sci-fi movie. I've not seen a sci-fi movie that doesn't look outdated inspite of all the tech wizardry we see in movies these days. I can still watch it from start to finish....and wont feel the SFX are tacky or lackluster. No other sci-fi movie has aged so well IMO.

True but Matrix isn't that old, movies that are more than 20 years old like Judgement Day or even first Alien movie holds pretty well with current SFX standards. Of course the less CG you use the better it holds the test of time because whats real is real, its not going to get old like CG stuff.

I love the Matrix trilogy dearly. Damn I miss those days of discussing various theories on a popular Matrix fan forum.

I love the Matrix trilogy too :cheers:

True but Matrix isn't that old, movies that are more than 20 years old like Judgement Day or even first Alien movie holds pretty well with current SFX standards. Of course the less CG you use the better it holds the test of time because whats real is real, its not going to get old like CG stuff.

I can give you one example of a movie which was uber-cool back when it released, yet, when I watched it last month, some parts of the movie were downright laughable.

Independence Day........VIRUS Damn :rofl:

EDIT: Just realised that this is the Max Payne 3 thread :mellow:

Edited by devil_angel

It's been almost 12 years since the first Matrix so yeah it does qualify as "old". I must say movies like Bladerunner, T2, Aliens, The Fiifth Element and The Matrix have aged really well. They still look modern. The good thing about the first Matrix is that unlike its sequels it kept CGI to a minimum. Most of the bullet-time effects were done practically with multiple cameras.

@devil_angel, Independence Day is still watchable. It's one of those "so bad it's good" movies. But man the CGI hasn't aged well at all!

Edited by Tyler