Official Wii-U Thread

If I order from here then will I be charged any customs and would my console be able to play any games bought from USA sites? Or I would always have to get games from UK & India, means PAL region?

As far as i know shipping is free but customs will be charged...You can't play any games bought from USA cause Wii U is region locked..So you have to buy games from UK only (i think Australia and EU also works)..you can't buy them in India as well cause the hardware and the games available here are NTSC...

Oh crap. How much customs do you think I will be charged? I already bought this for

Order Total: GBP 190.98 Payment Total: INR 19,706.88

Mario Kart 8 bundle was Rs 26 more. I guess I'll take MK8 bundle later.

As far as i know shipping is free but customs will be charged...You can't play any games bought from USA cause Wii U is region locked..So you have to buy games from UK only (i think Australia and EU also works)..you can't buy them in India as well cause the hardware and the games available here are NTSC...

I should have seen your reply earlier. What to do now? I always have to import games then or buy digital download?

Oh crap. How much customs do you think I will be charged? I already bought this for

I should have seen your reply earlier. What to do now? I always have to import games then or buy digital download?

Well you can always cancel..if your credit card isn't billed...i guess it'll come upto 21-22k...but i have no clue...Ask Playstation..he has ordered a bundle from amazon uk...

Yes you gotta import games..but need not worry...you'll get good deals on imports..then buying from India...there are no discounts here..

Well you can always cancel..if your credit card isn't billed...i guess it'll come upto 21-22k...but i have no clue...Ask Playstation..he has ordered a bundle from amazon uk...

Yes you gotta import games..but need not worry...you'll get good deals on imports..then buying from India...there are no discounts here..

It's an instock item so i think it might have got charged by now and ready to dispatch ..still there should be an option to cancel it and see if that works.

I would say Ntsc gives much more option than pal but in both cases he will have to still import it. So problem is gonna be there anyways.

I am not sure how come mario kart bundle came more ...infact it comes to even less than that..about $182...something.

It's an instock item so i think it might have got charged by now and ready to dispatch ..still there should be an option to cancel it and see if that works.

I would say Ntsc gives much more option than pal but in both cases he will have to still import it. So problem is gonna be there anyways.

I am not sure how come mario kart bundle came more ...infact it comes to even less than that..about $182...something.

even when i added it came as GBP 182 but at final checkout it was GBP 190

Is this a better deal then? Would I require to buy additional controllers/nunchucks or anything? I will cancel if it's a better deal as I am not charged yet.

First of all Best bye does not ship to India ...secondly that deal though gives you quite a few more games but then it raised the cost also...so nothing great about it.

Just cancel your deal and order this deal

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00P68FY0M/ref=ox_ya_os_product

it should come to GBP 180 or GBP 190 ...but you get 4 games as well as wii motion controller plus they ship to India but do understand that custom can charge you very high for this. I think some 28% of total bill... but somehow i have noticed that the actual amount could go even higher than 28% ..so lot of risk there.

I am going to order wii u from amazon uk there are 2 shipping methods basic which comes to 175 pounds without import fees and global priority which comes to arnd 235 pounds with import fee deposit, which one should i use, time is no issue only i want to avoid any customs hassle?

I am going to order wii u from amazon uk there are 2 shipping methods basic which comes to 175 pounds without import fees and global priority which comes to arnd 235 pounds with import fee deposit, which one should i use, time is no issue only i want to avoid any customs hassle?

Its better to go for normal shipping if you were ready to spend as far as GBP 235 for that...its better to take a risk and go for GBP175 and try your lick ...who knows you might not be charged anycustom and you get the console for just 175 GBP...and even if they do charge custom ...you were already paying 65 GBP more which is Rs 6k ...so pay from that.

Good to see more people going for Pal....Ntsc mein Sirf CC aur Harjas...ek doosro ko game bechenga/ khardinga ....while we Pal wale will be quite in number...so no issues. :P

Has anybody in the forum ever ordered a console from amazon without import deposit coz i heard console sometimes get stuck with customs official , whereas in global priority amazon promises to take care of customs clearance

Has anybody in the forum ever ordered a console from amazon without import deposit coz i heard console sometimes get stuck with customs official , whereas in global priority amazon promises to take care of customs clearance

I had PS2 got shipped from USA...it was as a gift from relative...No customs.

I suggest go with import deposit as it is risky to import consoles , plus you will also get tracking Id I guess (Amazon usa gives ), if no or less customs charged amazon will refund import deposit so it's safe bet .

I suggest go with import deposit as it is risky to import consoles , plus you will also get tracking Id I guess (Amazon usa gives ), if no or less customs charged amazon will refund import deposit so it's safe bet .

And how will i know how much actual customs was charged would i get any receipt?

And how will i know how much actual customs was charged would i get any receipt?

you can ask the delivery boy or Amazon directly refunds the difference without even need to ask for how much charged .

What Kushal Mangal ( :P ) said...you will either be refunded automatically or you will be given a receipt.

Whenever i get my parcel ..i look for a receipt stick to it or see if that guy is giving me any receipt...once i see no receipt ..I immediately email Amazon...paisa wapas karo ....Super service from Amazon . They acknowledge it and just ask to wait till 60 days.

you can ask the delivery boy or Amazon directly refunds the difference without even need to ask for how much charged .

First of all Best bye does not ship to India ...secondly that deal though gives you quite a few more games but then it raised the cost also...so nothing great about it.

Just cancel your deal and order this deal

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00P68FY0M/ref=ox_ya_os_product

it should come to GBP 180 or GBP 190 ...but you get 4 games as well as wii motion controller plus they ship to India but do understand that custom can charge you very high for this. I think some 28% of total bill... but somehow i have noticed that the actual amount could go even higher than 28% ..so lot of risk there.

This one is 8gb edition. Do Wii U games need installation? Would it be enough? Which one did you order? It seems like the better bundle than what I ordered, but I also wish to get other Mario games.

This one is 8gb edition. Do Wii U games need installation? Would it be enough? Which one did you order? It seems like the better bundle than what I ordered, but I also wish to get other Mario games.

You think 32gb will be enough??

its just a difference of about 20 so GB ...which will get filled sooner or later and you will have to go for external storage.

According to guys here Nintendo wii u supports installation on pen drive and all...so you can directly download game on Pendrives and play on wii u.

I ordered same bundle i gave the link of...and even i want the other mario game . The money you will save from that bundle you can get that mario gamer as well as some other game.

Thanks again playstation. Which one did you opt for? Standard or AmazonGlobal Standard?

If I choose Standard, this is what I get

Order Summary
Items: GBP 166.66 Postage & Packing: GBP 8.48 Total before VAT: GBP 175.14 VAT: GBP 0.00

(Order Total: GBP 175.14)

Payment Total:

INR 18,072.38

AmazonGlobal Standard shows this?

Order Summary
Items: GBP 166.66 Postage & Packing: GBP 10.99 Total before VAT: GBP 177.65 VAT: GBP 0.00 Import Fees Deposit GBP 54.90

(Order Total: GBP 232.55)

Payment Total: INR 23,996.42

I remember about external storage. Thanks for reminding me.

Archived