The Division

WMWM

Oh God this is beyond stupidity :doh: When did i say I want MMORPG to be offline :doh: I said I wanted this game to have a SP mode because it looks good, best game of e3 for me. I am disappointed with this fact. Its a gaming discussion forum. For a game which we know very little about can't we discuss about it too?

It is not about that. It is about developers trying to force Online into games which can be made purely as SP games, just because they want less piracy/support DRM/whatever.

Look at Diablo 3, classic case of Online shoved down. Look at SimCity 4, another lame case of Online shoved down.

Now look at Borderlands 2. Can be played completely offline, but playing online with friends gives you much better enjoyment and game truly shines. Now I agree Destiny cant be offline due to the vision they had, but The Crew and The Division are the games you can just guess from the trailers that they have shoved down MP just for the heck of it.

@Ank: I get what you are saying. But think this way.

BF3 and COD have competitive Multiplayer. Even Destiny and TitanFall will have PvP action. People won't mind always online if a game has competitive PvP MP.

I don't know if there is any PvP MP in The Division. It looked like a co-op game. They can make this game offline. Remember GRFS? You can play the campaign with bots. They can do the same thing here and give an option to play the game offline.

People want MMORPG games offline? Really?

No, we want games that feature offline content.

And like Ambar already put, less MMORPG's made with the express intent to shove DRM down our throats.

Lets not bring CoD and BattleField into this equation, they are multi-player heavy games with a pedestrian single-player mode thrown in for the sake of showing of spectacles and using the game engines full potential.

Also there are plenty of multi-player titles that can be self hosted (LAN-based) rather than based on an active internet connection. Peeps still play those, more than your CoD and BattleField.

And till now in E3 most console exclusive(s), next generation titles have not come sans the always online tag.

I don't know if there is any PvP MP in The Division. It looked like a co-op game. They can make this game offline. Remember GRFS? You can play the campaign with bots. They can do the same thing here and give an option to play the game offline.

Exactly. You can just make out that they have shoved Always Online only for the DRM. People outraged over AC series Online DRM, so the smarty pants guys at Ubi said: "Oh yeah, lets make always online games and act all innovative and sh*t, and then force always online, gamers will lap it up easily"

Exactly. You can just make out that they have shoved Always Online only for the DRM. People outraged over AC series Online DRM, so the smarty pants guys at Ubi said: "Oh yeah, lets make always online games and act all innovative and sh*t, and then force always online, gamers will lap it up easily"

Look at Diablo 3, classic case of Online shoved down. Look at SimCity 4, another lame case of Online shoved down.

Why bring crap stuff here and mix with something good? Diablo 3 and SimCity 4 failed big time.

Look TF2, DOTA (MOBA), LoL MOBA), WoW, GW are MMO games. They are up and running for years and years without any problem.

If Ubisoft can set proper servers and provide updates without any hassle, it's hit.

No, we want games that feature offline content.

And like Ambar already put, less MMORPG's made with the express intent to shove DRM down our throats

Well, MMORPG is not for you then. You cannot expect daily updates/new contents for offline game.

WoW, GW are running for years without any issue. Don't see people complaining about DRM!

MMORPG games are completely different. There are tons and millions of players playing at same time and interact.

Division is same..May be like The Secret World (guns, nice stuff).

Add imo everywhere.

My point is you can always play offline games when you are offline

& online whenever you are connected......if you don't hv connections apt enough then these games are not for you

But you can't expect the developer to shift focus & make something that they never intended

It's similar to how SP only games should focus only on SP

You would't want MP in Bioshock Infinite...would you?!

Use bridge cases, BioShock INFINITE and METRO series do not have a multi-player mode because the developer did not want them to exist.

Borderlands, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and BattleField 3 which allowed Co-Op mode in campaign did it to convenience the player and showcase how the multi-player system is integrated. Same could have been the case with these titles but the developers decided to go all out and create MMO's.

If any of these titles crashes (or doesn't sell enough), we are going to see a lot of bad blood. Not only for the developers but the overall genre because all this innovation will shrivel up faster than a plastic bag in fire.

And why are you guys bringing military dudbro shooters like BD and COD here :doh: They can be your online game only, I've got no problem with that. The only reason I am looking forward to it is that it looked different with all those automatic turrets and most importantly RPG tag. Even the plot looks decent. This looks like a proper SP RPG game which one can enjoy something like Alpha Protocol.

The only reason I am looking forward to it is that it looked different with all those automatic turrets and most importantly RPG tag. Even the plot looks decent. This looks like a proper SP RPG game which one can enjoy something like Alpha Protocol.

Ubisoft is giving content which users can play for years and enjoy. But you want 7-8 hours for hurr-durr crap. :doh:

Look at The Secret World, Defiance.. (falls in same category like Division.)

Why bring crap stuff here and mix with something good? Diablo 3 and SimCity 4 failed big time.

Look to TF2, DOTA (MOBA), LoL MOBA), WoW, GW are MMO games. They are up and running for years and years without any problem.

If Ubisoft can set proper servers and provide updates without any hassle, it's hit.

Diablo III a failure

Uh_wtf_gif.gif

TF 2 can be played on LAN, Counter Strike on LAN, they have offline practise mode as well. More fun and recommended to play online but in a pinch offline also works. Don't know about DoTA 2 but DoTA can also be done offline / LAN.

UBISOFT, proper servers, remember UPlay! and our Far Cry 3 sessions.

citizen-kane-clapping.gif

Hillarypressed.jpg

Well, MMORPG is not for you then. You cannot expect daily updates/new contents for offline game.

We cannot keep up with current content, daily content update will crush us. Yes, MMO-RPG / MMO-FPS not going to work great here unless the infrastructure improves.

We not having a stomach for said content is a bit short sighted because we hardly have been exposed to this genre to judge it and call it stupid. Calling it stupid and expensive because we need to get an exclusive box to play this is justified. Also, if you are going to such lengths care to explain how they plan to charge you, monthly subscription, one-time fees (like Guild Wars 2), box + add-on charges + DLC?

WoW, GW are running for years without any issue. Don't see people complaining about DRM!

Because they were the harbingers of innovation, how long have you been playing WoW, it is surprising you have not heard of the myriad issues that plagued it and how much better the system is, now.

It is the same reason we cringe when ORIGIN and UPlay! come up, STEAM took so long to reach where it is, with the function set it has currently has, it would be detrimental to roll back just because you want to play that one game.

Ubisoft is giving content which users can play for years and enjoy. But you want 7-8 hours for hurr-durr crap. :doh:

Look at The Secret World, Defiance.. (falls in same category like Division.)

OMG, this is stupidest I've heard :rofl:

So, you're basically saying all Sp games are few hours of hur-hur crap while all online games can be enjoyed for years :rofl:

@Ank - I completely get it, no one is arguing about that, its just some of the crap you need to hear like the one I quoted :doh:

I understand that some of you liked the graphix & want an SP games built on this

But this game is an online MMORPG & it needs to be online to work.

What does the game benefit from an always online mode apart from PvP?

& it might have SP only.....it's not been disclosed yet

Even Ambar Sire's comment hints at that, he is not writing off the game, he just wants to know the details

• How is it going to integrate
  • How is the monetization system working
  • What is the benefit of always online

Watch_Dogs has a similar multi-player mode but no one made a fuss because the single-player world is a different ball game.

bloody hell i dont give a damn about it being always online (my Airtel broadband is nearly flawless) just announce the game for PC damn it Ubisoft!! PC players will build a strong community around a game like this! since its always online there very very little chance of piracy!

you're basically saying all Sp games are few hours of hur-hur crap while all online games can be enjoyed for years

Yes. Tell me some games which can be played and enjoyed more than 100 hours without repeating and without modding.

Witcher? Yes, can be played for ~100 hours.

Skyrim? ^^same..with modding,may be ~250 hours.

What else?

Clearly, you have not played any MMO games in your life.

/end! No point in arguing with people who have not played MMO and don't know how it works.

Yeah agree with Joe here. Game is MMO (MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE), don't expect any Single player.

-_-

Aap bhee Amreeki ban jao.

Who was asking for LAN support in the first place, it was just citing an example that CoD and BattleField are not the only multi-player and certainly not the 'most' played ones at that.

Also, my unanswered questions stand.

1. How do they plan to charge you?
  2. What does this gain with a MMO tag attached to it?

Alpha, game is strictly a MMO, so asking for offline play doesn't make any sense. And I'm pretty sure that game will be F2P with some kind of subscription service(monthly, I suppose). Ubi want monies at any cost for this ambitious title. And these MMO's deliver best in this dept.

Also this game will cater to western market, if they follow such kind of model.

Archived