Fallout 4

Heaven Angel

Am done with ROTR and will start playing this sometime this weekend. This is my first fallout game :fear: what should I know before starting the game?

Update strength and persuasion skills first...Strength for more inventory space and persuasion skills to get more reward from quest givers :D

Edited by WhiteWolf

Is there a way to call the dog after he stays somewhere?
The only bug i've noticed till now is that every time i die there is a graphic glitch of a sunset and fixes after like 10 sec.

Also no guide on workshop, kinda lost. Feels like playing The Sims. :lol:

Edited by Mizanurification

Same here.

SoM,Alien isolation,DX : MD,JC3,BF4 all burned a hole in my wallet.

:fear:

#WelcomeHome in January most likely lol.

This new pricing has really loosened our wallets eh

i bought 8 games lol.

Praise be to GabeN.

Now same as you i have too many games to play and too little time. :P

Haha! Congrats guys! I will be busy with my semester exams till mid December, and have put all my money on collecting last-gen console(s) and games. Completely broken! :lol And, when does this winter sale go live usually? Will apply for ICICI bank account accordingly.

Edited by GoryPanda

Haha! Congrats guys! I will be busy with my semester exams till mid December, and have put all my money on collecting last-gen console(s) and games. Completely broken! [emoji38] And, when is does thks winter sale go live usually? Will apply for ICICI bank account accordingly.

I think it starts around Christmas. A week before I think. This one is going to be the most meaningful to me :-)
  • Like 1

Am done with ROTR and will start playing this sometime this weekend. This is my first fallout game :fear: what should I know before starting the game?

Try playing FO3 and NV first and consider yourself lucky, you have 3 amazing games to play! I haven't played FO4 so don't know if there is any reference to previous games.

Try playing FO3 and NV first and consider yourself lucky, you have 3 amazing games to play! I haven't played FO4 so don't know if there is any reference to previous games.

No.

Just No.

You will get burnt out playing the earlier 2.

just start with F4.

Fallout 4: 1st Contact Performance analysis Xbox one vs PS4

According to the analysis from NX Gamer, the PS4 version of Fallout 4, has 141 dropping frames during the 1st contact performance test. The Xbox One version ‘only’ dropped 41 frames. On top of that, it would seem that PS4 is dropping frames each time a weapon is fired.

Edited by WhiteWolf

That zero drop only happened once for Digital Foundry inside Diamond city area not on number of occasions..

Also this specefic analyzer in his BO2 face off just mentions the Dynamic metric resolution of both platforms 1360-1920x1080 PS4 & 1600-1280x900 XBO

KC posted lot of NX gamer analysis here including UC4 and SF analysis.. That's why i posted it..You guys don't trust NX gamer now?

Faster hard drives boost Xbox One Fallout 4 performance • Eurogamer.net

Yesterday we reported on Fallout 4 console performance, finding that both PS4 and Xbox One target 1080p30 gameplay - with somewhat variable results. Both versions have issues maintaining their frame-rate targets, but it's the Xbox One version that has a tangible disadvantage - there's a 'macro-stutter' issue that seems to be related to the game's background streaming technology. Entering new areas can see second-long pauses, and even switching weapons sometimes causes problems.

After extensive testing, it does seem that the issue relates to a storage bottleneck on the Microsoft platform, but until this is addressed via a title update, there is a workaround - albeit a somewhat impractical one. Completely eliminating the issue - at least on the test areas used in our initial performance analysis - is possible, but it requires mounting an SSD into an external USB enclosure, then copying the game data onto that drive. This is not completely ideal for a number of reasons: SSDs aren't cheap, and the USB caddy required only adds to the expense. So we thought we'd try another couple of solutions - a 7200rpm hard drive and a hybrid SSHD. The latter consists of a 5400rpm drive paired with a smaller SSD cache. The results on both drives are intriguing.

Performance improves on both units, to the point where the 0fps drops we encountered are gone, but the stutter - though reduced - is still there, whether it's through standard traversal through the environments, or in accessing weapons you've not used for a while. Across our test clips, the 7200rpm drive seems to offer a small advantage generally over the SSHD, but there are hitches and stutters that seem to show more improvement on the hybrid drive. Both drives show a substantial uplift over the internal unit in that the 0fps macro-stutter is gone or massively reduced, but it's clear that only the SSD showed a complete fix in effect. And again, we should stress that owing to the sheer size of the game, our testing was limited to areas where we had existing data.

Most problems are caused by slow HDD inside consoles..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-faster-hard-drives-boost-xbox-one-fallout-4-performance

There were lot!!! of times in DF it stutters & drops to 15-20
twice or maybe thrice it drops to 00-05 range

what this analyzer did in the past is none of my concern
i'm just pointing out how he is doing his last two

it was not check again...

Also PS4 drops frames when weapon is fired which is far worse coz shooting is main part of the gameplay

Edited by WhiteWolf