Nier Automata

IshmaelIsBack

What? Platinum was owned by Capcom and they fired them? You serious? :O

You do know that Platinum Games was created by former Capcom employees right?

Capcom had shutdown Clover studio who gave good titles like Viewtiful Joe series, Okami and God Hand. Most of the company's key people moved on and formed Platinum games.

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Like 1

You do know that Platinum Games was created by former Capcom employees right?

I only know about Kamiya.. He used to work for Capcom and then he left the company due to creative differences between him and Capcom higher management and then joined Platinum.

Sorry I don't follow Japanese gaming that much like Shadoken :P

Edited by WhiteWolf

You can look up on Platinum Game's key people list. Pretty much everyone were formerly part of Capcom and had worked on several projects. I'm not certain about their office politics and if their split was amicable or not, but Capcom had made some really poor choices over the past few years.

The people who formed Platinum Games were dedicated to re-creating the glory days which Capcom had showed us. That's the reason you now see Platinum gaining new IP's and being loved, while Capcom is hanging onto it's remasters success of previously popular titles.

The original Nier was f*cking brilliant. Though this trailer shows only the gameplay aspect, I'd want to see more of it's story elements. There is absolutely no doubt that Platinum excel at hack-n-slash; it's been proven time and again. So this is their opportunity to build on a franchise with a good story and follow-up as a true successor to Nier.

The original Nier was f*cking brilliant. Though this trailer shows only the gameplay aspect, I'd want to see more of it's story elements. There is absolutely no doubt that Platinum excel at hack-n-slash; it's been proven time and again. So this is their opportunity to build on a franchise with a good story and follow-up as a true successor to Nier.

Dude who writes story is very good at it, all the games he made have really well thought stories and follow up novellas. I'm more sure of his ability than gameplay by platinum.

Read a short summary of story few days back. Looks its on same track as previous games.. and gender of the Android girl is listed as unknown. A typical plot twist.

Distant future.

Extraterrestrials suddenly invaded. Deploying the LIving Machines that they created, mankind left to the moon after being overwhelmed by their force.

Mankind put together a resistance, made of combat-type android soldiers, in order to take back the Earth. In order to go past the stand still of the war situation, mankind also put together a unit of YoRHa, a new kind of combat-type androids.

In no mans battlefield, the intense fight between the Living Machines and androids rages on and this fight will open the door of the unknown in due time.

More at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/29/nier-automata-details-on-its-android-protagonist-story-and-setting/

I only know about Kamiya.. He used to work for Capcom and then he left the company due to creative differences between him and Capcom higher management and then joined Platinum.

Sorry I don't follow Japanese gaming that much like Shadoken :P

Platinum was formed from EX Capcom staff. Kamiya,Inaba... Etc left Capcom after PS2 era.

At the time people thought they fired them because they made niche games that were good critically but not good sales. But later on in some interview Kamiya mentioned they actually left on good terms. Because Capcom wasn't interested in making AA games anymore. And wanted to focus on key AAA franchises.

You can look up on Platinum Game's key people list. Pretty much everyone were formerly part of Capcom and had worked on several projects. I'm not certain about their office politics and if their split was amicable or not, but Capcom had made some really poor choices over the past few years.

The people who formed Platinum Games were dedicated to re-creating the glory days which Capcom had showed us. That's the reason you now see Platinum gaining new IP's and being loved, while Capcom is hanging onto it's remasters success of previously popular titles.

Yes pretty much , Platinum just kinda continued old Capcoms ways of fast paced fun games. That's why they are so universally liked.

• 5 months later...