Nier Automata

IshmaelIsBack

No no save option comes after first hour or so. After 2-3 boss battles lol. If you die, do it all over again.

Lol what? A save after couple of boss fights! Reviews didn't mentioned that.

Bloodborne is in a completely unique league. I doubt Lords of the Fallen is faster than Bloodborne.

Witcher, Batman, Shadow of Mordor combat is not comparable because you have more crowd control options compared to Bloodborne or Dark Souls combat systems and the punishment for a bad move is not as punishing either.

The Lords of the Fallen and Bound By Flames do come in the same league as From Software games. There might be a small difference in combat but also relies upon the weapons you select and how you customize your character.

The mentioned games aren't completely identical to each other but they do get into comparison. Hell even Shadow Warrior does but wouldn't get approved because of first person camera and some are nauseatic about those kinds of games.

The difficulty in these games however is different. If you find BB difficulty is acceptable then I'd say you can try other games on harder difficulties.

Here's the thing, this is a Yoko Taro game, dude's a mad genius. He's the guy who made games like Drakengard and the first Nier. All of these games got mixed reviews but were different from pretty much anything out there. Basically he does whatever he wants without conforming to a genre or worrying about sales. His games have a small budget and it shows but they are also special. I haven't played any of the Drakengard games but Nier certainly was. It was definitely not a game for everyone and I could see people giving up in just a couple of hours. It had crappy graphics, mostly mediocre combat and a weak start. But it also had one of the best told stories in gaming, great writing, really memorable characters the likes of which I have never really seen in any other game

your main companions are a hermaphrodite, a talking book with an English accent and a young boy who has been turned into a weird skeleton thing

and gameplay that wildly switched between different styles. It's the sort of game that rewarded you for sticking with it.

Fans of the first game have been wanting a sequel for years. The fact that this time it's being developed by Platinum is icing on the cake. But this is still very much a Yoko Taro game complete with all the idiosyncrasies that comes with. The only reason why it's been getting 9s and 10s across the board is because (along with the fact that it is a good game) the series has now developed a legacy. I don't think it would have been this well received if this game came out with no history.

Once again, this isn't a game for everyone. Don't get swayed by the perfect scores, this is very much an acquired taste. It's not your average safe AAA game so people need to leave those expectations behind. That said, give it a chance, it surely isn't going to win you over in the first few hours and will continue to frustrate you. But all that is a part of the experience.

Edited by Tyler

No no save option comes after first hour or so. After 2-3 boss battles lol. If you die, do it all over again.

What? You serious? Can any one confirm this?

Oh yes you can't save the during first mission :O

http://www.gameskinny.com/v1wnx/nier-automata-how-and-where-to-save-your-game

Bc wtf. How this was never mentioned in reviews?

Edited by WhiteWolf

Here's the thing, this is a Yoko Taro game, dude's a mad genius. He's the guy who made games like Drakengard and the first Nier. All of these games got mixed reviews but were different from pretty much anything out there. Basically he does whatever he wants without conforming to a genre or worrying about sales. His games have a small budget and it shows but they are also special. I haven't played any of the Drakengard games but Nier certainly was. It was definitely not a game for everyone and I could see people giving up in just a couple of hours. It had crappy graphics, mostly mediocre combat and a weak start. But it also had one of the best told stories in gaming, great writing, really memorable characters the likes of which I have never really seen in any other game

your main companions are a hermaphrodite, a talking book with an English accent and a young boy who has been turned into a weird skeleton thing

and gameplay that wildly switched between different styles. It's the sort of game that rewarded you for sticking with it.

Fans of the first game have been wanting a sequel for years. The fact that this time it's being developed by Platinum is icing on the cake. But this is still very much a Yoko Taro game complete with all the idiosyncrasies that comes with. The only reason why it's been getting 9s and 10s across the board is because (along with the fact that it is a good game) the series has now developed a legacy. I don't think it would have been this well received if this game came out with no history.

Once again, this isn't a game for everyone. Don't get swayed by the perfect scores, this is very much an acquired taste. It's not your average safe AAA game so people need to leave those expectations behind. That said, give it a chance, it surely isn't going to win you over in the first few hours and will continue to frustrate you. But all that is a part of the experience.

This. Even I haven't played Drakengard, but have played Nier extensively(I really liked Grimoire Noir). You also forgot about the music in Nier; It's P*E*R*F*E*C*T. Plus the ending, nothing is black or white.

I still distinctly remember a lot of places in Nier along with the accompanying music. The cities were also very diverse.

Great Post bro.Quite helpfull.

Game added to the list of ps plus downloadables :P

• Like 1

This. Even I haven't played Drakengard, but have played Nier extensively(I really liked Grimoire Noir). You also forgot about the music in Nier; It's P*E*R*F*E*C*T. Plus the ending, nothing is black or white.

I still distinctly remember a lot of places in Nier along with the accompanying music. The cities were also very diverse.

Oh yeah how could I forget the god-tier soundtrack! It's a staple in all my playlists.

Yea this game switches between genres quite often from shmups to pltforming to surival horror style lol.

It takes a while to pick up but the combat is freking enjoyable and the story/world is amazing. If the ending is anything like the old Nier it's gonna take multiple play throughs to get the full ending.

Not surprising at all. The entire thing looks so bland and boring. Only found the music and combat somewhat good.

Bland and boring ? I wonder what games you play to find something like this bland. Textures are a bit meh. But the characters and story are very unique and faaaar from the usual western aaa crap.

Sort of agree. But this is a Platinum game as much as it is a Yoko Taro game. It feels like the successor to Metal Gear Rising we've been waiting for.

and coupled with Platinums love for Arcade games , the changing gameplay styles fits with them perfectly. I loved the Outrun and Hang on section in Bayo 1 too. The reason Taro is finally getting the critical acclaim he deserves is because he has an amazing developer working with him. The gameplay and combat held back the original Nier from being enjoyable for many people.

Edited by Shadoken

Bland and boring ? I wonder what games you play to find something like this bland. Textures are a bit meh. But the characters and story are very unique and faaaar from the usual western aaa crap.

He usually plays boring and dull Western MMO rpgs where he grinds for 20000 hours. :lol: Platinum games k baarey mein zyaada nahi maalum usko :P

Few copies are available in grey market for those who are interested. Official release is on 15th.