The Football Thread

Xeno

This is assuming we get a sum between 40m and 50m for Cesc, or otherwise we shouldnt let him go.

Personally, I think the team needs a revolutionary change. Which means I want us to be less reliant on a single play-maker. Wilshere and Ramsey should cover creativity side. Instead, I want us to sign a proper forward who is established and a world class player. Basically Villa or Benzema or players of a similar mold. As for midfield, I feel we desperately need to sign Scott Parker. Irrespective of whether Cesc is there or not. More imperative we sign him if Cesc leaves. Wilshere and Parker will take care of the gritty part of the central midfield which teams need, to have a real bite(remember Vieira, Keane, Parlour). As for defence, if we sign Cahill or Samba Id be happy, preferably Cahill though, as hes English. Vermaelen and Cahill would form a superb solid and gritty partnership as well. I trust Djourou and Koscielny as back up. I wouldnt spend on the GK unless we have excess funds.

Ive read that Arsene has planned to play Vela as Left Back. Im like wtf, but it worked with Ashley Cole, maybe it would work with Vela too. Im not too sure, but I dont think we should be experimenting with a striker at left back, next season. He'll probably be tested in Pre-season and then if he doesnt do well, sign a left back.

Midfield, we seemed to have signed Gervinho. Good signing, but not enough. He'll be off for ACON and we wont have anyone to replace him. Theo is too injury prone to trust for the entire season. We need to sign another couple of players here. Rosicky is dead beat. Hes useless. The only reason he is still here is because he is Cesc's best friend and if he goes, Cesc will get unhappy(like when Flam and Hleb left).

Cahill and Verma would be a deadly combo. S.Parker would be nice but considering his age I'd rather we sign a more creative midfield. Or like you said, a good striker would also be good. But is Villa available? I doubt he'l leave Barca. I don't see a point why he should.

Vela as left back? Where did you read this? :surprise: Sometimes, There are no logical explanations to what Wenger does.

DailyMail reports that Chelsea are eying Theo Walcott to continue the Arsenal exodus as 3 departures are already imminent!!

I do want Chelsea to apply wing play into their tactics, but I'm not sure whether Walcott will be allowed to leave... If it really happens, then I see the 5th departure from Arsenal in the name of Arsene Wenger!!

GTFO daily fail

And another person is now watching the Women's WC. I am still backing Germany to take this one because of the homeland advantage but who knows teams crumble at the drop of a hat these days.

It would never happen becoz unlike the other 3(clichy,nasri and fab), walcott is settled at arsenal and is on a long term contract... Nd people have already decided that all three of them are definitely going to be sold just based on media reports which are 95% of the time wrong...

Wenger is not that stupid to let his 3 main players go without first fighting for them or getting in their replacements!!

It doesnt take an Einstein to figure out which are actual rumors and which are not... Clicy & Fab are definitely leaving... Nasri might get persuaded by Wenger not to leave... Following are Nasri's latest words to media :-

"We already earn huge wages,"

"The priority is to make a big career and to win titles ... With no titles under your belt, you can't be in the list for the Ballon D'Or.

"I came to England to get trophies because I haven't won anything in my career. I am hungry for titles. I play football because I love this sport and want to feel the emotion of winning.

" Lifting a trophy all together, this is the beauty and sense of team sports."

Source

ibraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :wOOtjumpy:

please bring him to arsenal... :wub:

I don't see this happening at all. He'l definitely not get the exposure he's getting at Arsenal anywhere else.

Talking about Walcott being a winger, I begin to wonder if he is one. I remember he was that wonder-kid striker when he was signed from Southampton in 2006. Ever since, We've heard Wenger say that he will soon move into a more central position and play as a forward. I haven't seen that happen at all. I just get a feeling he might do a lot better if he is played as a forward.

lol walcott cant finish for nuts... he improved a bit last season... but he is still a terrible finisher.... winger at best... merely coz of his pace.... sell him off for all i care...