The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

In Bangalore nobody is concerned with other state number plate. This is due to a large number of such cars, and the fact that traffic control is priority #1 in Bangalore. But if you are stopped for any reason (speeding, seat belt, etc.) then they ask about registration /road tax as well.

Not sure about scenario in other major cities.

In Bangalore nobody is concerned with other state number plate. This is due to a large number of such cars, and the fact that traffic control is priority #1 in Bangalore. But if you are stopped for any reason (speeding, seat belt, etc.) then they ask about registration /road tax as well.

Not sure about scenario in other major cities.

Not sure about that, a colleague of mine had to pony 90k for his swift. They have been constantly stopping cars from outside the State, specially late nights during drunken checking.

If you get caught by normal Traffic police guys, they will still negotiate, if you get caught by RTO, you are done if you do not have the papers.

My bro is driving MH bike, stopped 5 times till now.

Edited by AtheK

Not sure about that, a colleague of mine had to pony 90k for his swift. They have been constantly stopping cars from outside the State, specially late nights during drunken checking.

If you get caught by normal Traffic police guys, they will still negotiate, if you get caught by RTO, you are done if you do not have the papers.

My bro is driving MH bike, stopped 5 times till now.

Riding PB Enfield for 6 years, never stopped for this reason.

I advise folks to have the NOC from their own DTO, specifying transfer permission for Karnataka DTO. That's at least one additional paper in case someone stops you.

But true, if RTO guys are stopping, then no escape at all.

As a matter of fact, this one time here in Bangalore itself I saw a Figo bearing Chandigarh temporary number. That should give an idea of how comfortable people here are, driving other state registered vehicles.

Riding PB Enfield for 6 years, never stopped for this reason.

I advise folks to have the NOC from their own DTO, specifying transfer permission for Karnataka DTO. That's at least one additional paper in case someone stops you.

But true, if RTO guys are stopping, then no escape at all.

How much does it cost to make the NOC papers?

ASSMAN?

:lol: As long as you aren't threatening death upon someone you can put whatever the *beep* you want on your license plate.

Here there's a tool that can help you check if the plate you want is available - http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/sppersonalized.html . I tried John117 for my new car but that's already taken :'( I tried ASSMAN and it said "Congratulations, ASSMAN is available" :rofl: