Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

It is my secret wish that they throw some easter egg about batman, a sly hint towards JLA movie, like a newspaper clip about that crazed billionaire of gotham or mass murders, jail break in gotham, anything. When bat begins was coming out i was there in a superhero movie forum and some guy had this nice idea about a superman cameo- Say Bruce wayne is coming off the court or any big hotel after his supermodel stint and bunch of media people hound him, among them is a big guy in an overcoat and rimed glasses who shouts "clarke kent, daily planet", we dont even have to see his face clearly, just an oft mention would have been great.

I love how marvel have tied their universe together whether it is with cameos or off screen mention. DC has a limited time before it can cash on the superhero movie trend as it, like all trends has a shelf life and it already has gone for 10 solid years (spiderman 2 started the superhero = quality and $$$). Hope to see JLA before mass viewers and studios lose interest.

The problem with JLA is that now most of the average (non-comic book reading) folks will think that DC is copying Marvel.

But yeah, Marvel has done a fantastic job with establishing their cinematic universe. Who knew that the little Nick Fury cameo in Iron Man 1 would lead to the big "Avengers Assemble" scene from The Avengers.

BTW has this been posted already? Apparently Joss Whedon has confimed that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be a part of Avengers 2 and then a few week ago Bryan Singer made a dick move and tweeted that Quicksilver will be in X-Men: Days of the Future Past. I'm personally very interested in seeing the Wanda/Scarlet Witch in an Avengers movie. She's has been a long term member of the team and one of my favorite characters. Joss Whedon says his prototype choice for Wanda is actress Saoirse Ronan. Not a bad pick if you ask me.

You mean the girl from Hanna and lovely bones? Isn't she a little too young?

Yes she is (20 I believe). But Whedon has stated this will be a younger version of the characters. Will be interesting how they'll handle the mutant angle and the fact that they are Magneto's children.

wanda and pietro !!!

will it feature incestaneous deeds as it was the big feature in ultimate x men :naughty: ??

God, I hope it's not the Ultimate version. Plus I don't think Disney will ever allow that.

Edited by Tyler

tbh i am more interested in their handeling of quicksilver. a speedster hasnt been done before in a movie if i recall correctly, atlest not in the last 1.5 decade which has had all the technology. super speed is my fav superpower and while pietro is no where near flash, i am still excited on the prospect of such a power on screen :thumbsup:

and that they wasted the perfect Flash actor in ryan reynolds as a GL, not to mention the movie itself tanked the character.. still do not understand where did the 200 million usd budget that was used went. the movie did not even look pretty to pass as all glitz no substance, it was poor at every level :(

RR played lantern well but he is more suited to flash me thinks.

Edited by Nemo

I agree. RR will make a good Flash. But I see him more of the Wally West type than Barry Allen.

About the GL movie, wow what a disaster. It looked cheap as hell. And using Parallax as a villain in the origin story. WTF? I'm pretty sure I could have written a better GL movie script than what we got. Hard to believe Geoff Johns was involved in the movie. That man has singlehandedly made GL the best written series in the DC Universe.

I think the GL movie killed all potential of a JLA movie happening soon. I hope MoS does a complete DC reboot and we at least get a World's Finest movie.