Gaming PCs

AtheK

How about this psu for gtx 760 and i5 processor?

Should work but as Rock said the 520W piece will also do fine.

I may have suggested a modular SMPS to keep wire management easy.

Modular smps bole toh? :/

Bole toh uskee taar ko tum nikaal kar khopche mein rakhne ka.

Jo taar use hone ko mangta, woh tum use karna baaki saab cchupaa dene kaa.

Samjha kya? Naee, yeh le Wikipedia pe padh le.

Upun ko baad mein disturb karna.

Bda jhanjhat wala kaam h pc banana..i was checking some videos and it looked quite complicated seeing which cable to put where :(

Ever since times immemorial, the basic structure of PCs has remained the same. So if you build one PC, you are good to go for a long time and can help out your friends as well.

My point : if it seems tough, keep at it. It'll be worth your while to learn.

Anybody here bought the NVIDIA 760 here? Its retailing at around 22,000. Is it a good buy? Or is there something better and cheaper coming out in the near future?

The next gen AMD cards are coming out next month.Keep a watch on the cards around $300 and below segment.If they are better than 760 @same price point, go for it when available else get the 760, which might reduce further in price by then.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by rock2702
  • Like 1

Anybody here bought the NVIDIA 760 here? Its retailing at around 22,000. Is it a good buy? Or is there something better and cheaper coming out in the near future?

AMD's R-2** series will be revealed on the 25th you might want to wait till they are graded and prices are stacked. Retail release is still in November so that might be the only catch.

Currently, the top tier card, eats the TITAN and GTX780 for breakfast.

If you are in a tearing hurry, the GTX760 is a solid purchase for the next two years. Maybe more if you are willing to trade off a little eye-candy.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

The next gen AMD cards are coming out next month.Keep a watch on the cards around $300 and below segment.If they are better than 760 @same price point, go for it when available else get the 760, which might reduce further in price by then.

Reveal is on the 25th of this month.

Catch is the hard launch is in November, so by the time pieces trickle to India, it maybe mid-December and if the OP needs a card right now nothing comes close to the GTX760.

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1

Your current processor will be a bottleneck, after the upgrade, no.

HEy Alpha dude,

I've been hit by a minor setback..I had paid an advance of 2k to get gtx 650 ti boost 1GB DDR5..But turns out galaxy dont have the 1GB version in stock...Also other local shops charging insane prices..IT Depot near my place quoted a price of 12.5k for the 1GB version and the 2Gb version is around 14.5k..At this point i cant go beyond 12.5k (Live in Chennai btw)..Do u know any place where i can get it for 12.5k?

I've been hit by a minor setback..I had paid an advance of 2k to get gtx 650 ti boost 1GB DDR5..But turns out galaxy dont have the 1GB version in stock...Also other local shops charging insane prices..IT Depot near my place quoted a price of 12.5k for the 1GB version and the 2Gb version is around 14.5k..At this point i cant go beyond 12.5k (Live in Chennai btw)..Do u know any place where i can get it for 12.5k?

Get the advance back.

The cheapest online for the BOOST is ~13000/-.

GTX650Ti is going for ~10000/- -->10500/- and the only difference that sets these cards apart is a 50Mhz increment in the core-clock so if you are open to over-clocking a little you can try to even that.

Get the advance back.

The cheapest online for the BOOST is ~13000/-.

GTX650Ti is going for ~10000/- -->10500/- and the only difference that sets these cards apart is a 50Mhz increment in the core-clock so if you are open to over-clocking a little you can try to even that.

Yeah will get it ASAP...Right now am also thinking about the xfx 7790 which retails at 10.5k at flipkart..Hows it for gaming at 720p?

At this point i cant go beyond 12.5k (Live in Chennai btw)..Do u know any place where i can get it for 12.5k?

If you are open to it, try forums. You can get decent deals like http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41476 and lots more if you know where to look.

Yeah will get it ASAP...Right now am also thinking about the xfx 7790 which retails at 10.5k at flipkart..Hows it for gaming at 720p?

Compared to the GTX650Ti the HD7790 is a good choice, against the GTX650Ti Boost though the results are much more ambiguous. All in all it should do fine @720p with medium eye-candy to go along.

The only hitch in your plan is XFX, they have terrible after sales support so you must be aware of that aspect before going in.

If you are open to it, try forums. You can get decent deals like http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41476 and lots more if you know where to look.

Compared to the GTX650Ti the HD7790 is a good choice, against the GTX650Ti Boost though the results are much more ambiguous. All in all it should do fine @720p with medium eye-candy to go along.

The only hitch in your plan is XFX, they have terrible after sales support so you must be aware of that aspect before going in.

Oh...does that mean i will face some issues running the card? :fear1:

Before purchasing any-thing second hand please keep the following things in mind,

• Price (inclusive of shipping or no)
  • Reason for sale (if poster is evasive, pull out of the deal)
  • How old is the product, does it have any warranty on it
  • After sales support
  • Performance of the card vis-á-vis a current generation purchase by comparing benchmarks.

Oh...does that mean i will face some issues running the card? :fear1:

You won't face issues, just that the performance will be lower than the GTX650Ti Boost.

Ideally I would recommend a HD7850 1GB for your needs but that again is a rare-find and more importantly will stretch your budget.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!