EA obtains exclusive rights to Star Wars

The guys from 38 Studios (Kingdom of Amalur). Kingdom of Amalur have the right mix of action of RPG, the game work so seamlessly in both gamepad and keyboard that just playing the is so much of fun. The only thing I don't like of KOA is the art style, give me gritty witcher like art style with KOA gameplay in the jedi knight series

38 Studios has gone under, if I recall correctly. So we won't be seeing them anytime soon.

Another studio that comes to mind is VIGIL but those guys are fragmented too after ThQ went under.

STAR WARS 1313 was going to be the gritty take on the franchise, looked mildly interesting too; being based on majorly on the crime-haven of Nar Shaddaa (instead of Inner Rim planets) and you playing as a bounty hunter / smuggler / rouge-like personality.

Obsidian comes to mind but they would do a RPG in the vein of KoTOR II.

Anyway, hoping for something exciting to be thrown up and not bound by EA's commerce-heavy machinations.

38 Studios has gone under, if I recall correctly. So we won't be seeing them anytime soon.

Another studio that comes to mind is VIGIL but those guys are fragmented too after ThQ went under.

STAR WARS 1313 was going to be the gritty take on the franchise, looked mildly interesting too; being based on majorly on the crime-haven of Nar Shaddaa (instead of Inner Rim planets) and you playing as a bounty hunter / smuggler / rouge-like personality.

Obsidian comes to mind but they would do a RPG in the vein of KoTOR II.

Anyway, hoping for something exciting to be thrown up and not bound by EA's commerce-heavy machinations.

yeah, it just my pipe dream. Anyway good news is we will get continuous starwars games now onwards. Damn why the hell Lucas Arts were sleeping for so many years, people are demanding Kotor 3 for so many years still they are pondering

yeah, it just my pipe dream. Anyway good news is we will get continuous starwars games now onwards. Damn why the hell Lucas Arts were sleeping for so many years, people are demanding Kotor 3 for so many years still they are pondering

It was an internal call that all KoTOR related story was to be taken over by comic / novella anthologies followed by the TOR MMO. We all know how that turned out.

Maybe now we can have hopes of Obsidian bringing back KoTOR III. No I don't want BIOWARE to do it.

Can I have Republic Commando 2 please?

I doubt we will see Republic Commando II, we might see Imperial Commando as a follow up or maybe what happened to Kal Skirata and the Null / Omega Squad members who went into hiding with him.

It was an internal call that all KoTOR related story was to be taken over by comic / novella anthologies followed by the TOR MMO. We all know how that turned out.

Maybe now we can have hopes of Obsidian bringing back KoTOR III. No I don't want BIOWARE to do it.

The only game that I played by Obsidian is Alpha Protocol, that game was one of the anticipated game for me at that time but lacked in deliver the gaming experience. As for Bioware, they are good but they are already hands full with Mass Effect, I am not sure diluting their team with Starwars will be good idea at this point, but theoretically Bioware will get my vote for Kotor 3

Its not coming anytime soon, as no one has picked up that IP yet or atleast mentioned in press yet.

The only game that I played by Obsidian is Alpha Protocol, that game was one of the anticipated game for me at that time but lacked in deliver the gaming experience. As for Bioware, they are good but they are already hands full with Mass Effect, I am not sure diluting their team with Starwars will be good idea at this point, but theoretically Bioware will get my vote for Kotor 3

ALPHA PROTOCOL was a game that tried to bridge the RPG and shooter divide, sadly apart from the dialogue section everything fell apart, shooting was terrible I recall.

Obsidian is much better known for its RPG's. It did KoTOR II: The Sith Lords after BIOWARE did the first one. These projects were also under EA. Just like it did New Vegas as a follow up to the original Fallout 3.

It is composed primarily of the older employees of the now defunct Black Isle studios, who worked on the following titles --

• Fallout 2
  • Baldur's Gate
  • Planescape Torment

ALPHA PROTOCOL was a game that tried to bridge the RPG and shooter divide, sadly apart from the dialogue section everything fell apart, shooting was terrible I recall.

Obsidian is much better known for its RPG's. It did KoTOR II: The Sith Lords after BIOWARE did the first one. These projects were also under EA. Just like it did New Vegas as a follow up to the original Fallout 3.

It is composed primarily of the older employees of the now defunct Black Isle studios, who worked on the following titles --

• Fallout 2
  • Baldur's Gate
  • Planescape Torment

I played Kotor - the best game story twist ever. But I heard lot of original kotor fan dont like kotor 2 which I have not played yet. Fallout New Vegas was their last success.

I played Kotor - the best game story twist ever. But I heard lot of original kotor fan dont like kotor 2 which I have not played yet. Fallout New Vegas was their last success.

You really owe it to yourself then, go play KoTOR II.

The fans were not happy because EA choked funding towards the end and a lot of end-game content was left out of the final build but all files are present in the build, MOD's have made it possible for the same to be accessed now. It is win-win.

I have played both and although KoTOR one has a great story, KoTOR II is a better package ending not withstanding.

You really owe it to yourself then, go play KoTOR II.

The fans were not happy because EA choked funding towards the end and a lot of end-game content was left out of the final build but all files are present in the build, MOD's have made it possible for the same to be accessed now. It is win-win.

I have played both and although KoTOR one has a great story, KoTOR II is a better package ending not withstanding.

Will check Kotor 2 soon..BTW starwars game by Obsidian might become reality, check with out --

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/08/obsidian-hoping-to-work-with-eabioware-on-star-wars/#more-152270

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/08/new-republic-obsidian-actively-pitching-more-star-wars/

Archived