The Football Thread

Xeno

Stewart Downing is good player. He had a good season. Aston Villa's dismal performances let his performances go in vain.

i agree. he's a good player.

but he's definitely not worth 20mil.

12-15 mil is what his value shd be

ibraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :wOOtjumpy:

please bring him to arsenal... :wub:

lol walcott cant finish for nuts... he improved a bit last season... but he is still a terrible finisher.... winger at best... merely coz of his pace.... sell him off for all i care...

The guy is talented and young. I like him. He is a future star for sure. Just need to settle well. I've seen a few finishes of his and its great. You need to play him as a forward to see how he finishes.

The guy is talented and young. I like him. He is a future star for sure. Just need to settle well. I've seen a few finishes of his and its great. You need to play him as a forward to see how he finishes.

He is a Choker and a genuine a**hole too , you forgot to add that. :P

Its about Ibra I mean. :bigyellowgrin:

Edited by Joy

He is a Choker and a genuine a**hole too , you forgot to add that. :P

Its about Ibra I mean. :bigyellowgrin:

what the..... :O

Y U LITTLE... :chair:

but it is true i guess... :cry:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/931986/john-duerden:-saudis-turn-to-frank-rijkaard-to-restore-pride?cc=4716

While I can agree with the hunger part I think they got it wrong on the physical and mental part as well. What drive does a Saudi national have to win the WC or even an Asian tournament? I don't think I have ever seen them play as a cohesive unit in all my time of watching AFC. The middle east is where renowned players/coaches go to set aside that extra money for retirement. I don't think Rijkaard will turn them into a combative machine before the next WC and like the article states, the history of Dutch coaches for KSA has not been particularly uplifting and has been more on a downturn as well. Still 9.X Mill is not a bad asking price for someone with the coaching experience that Frank brings to the table.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/932007/matt-jarvis-targets-recall-to-england-squad?cc=4716

Why is this man not playing for a better team in the Prem? He has drive and is a very good winger. I even wonder why we didn't ditch Adams and sign him instead. It's not like we are all roses and peaches on the left hand side and it would offer us better switch options.

Edited by Mel81x

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/932007/matt-jarvis-targets-recall-to-england-squad?cc=4716

Why is this man not playing for a better team in the Prem? He has drive and is a very good winger. I even wonder why we didn't ditch Adams and sign him instead. It's not like we are all roses and peaches on the left hand side and it would offer us better switch options.

I see your Matt Jarvis, & I raise yu Charles N'Zogbia!

I raise your N'Zogbia for a cup of tea, a bonda and Odemwinge ... I might throw in a 1990 Liverpool jersey too but you'd have to defect lol.

On a more serious note we are playing such a flat rotation schematic at the top of the offensive line that its going to get noticed and shut down with an overlapping defender eventually. When you introduce a more 'paced' individual you create a dissonance and right now I am sorry to say that as prancy as Suarez is he needs another running mate at the top. I'd pick people like Gyan, Odeminge and Jarvis for that. Andy can shoot but he's not the kind of person you want breaking down defenses because he'd rather go over them and do a nutter with his head or muscle his way in. With a faster person you're going to have the option of a breaking Meirelles, a line hugging Kuyt, an incisive Suarez and all we need someone who will run at an odd pace to offer options when you shut the others down.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-to-offer-20m-player-plus-cash-deal-for-tottenham-star

How much is Lenon really worth?

Edited by Mel81x

This.

Walcott's future is upfront. He did well as a winger last season but hes more instinctive than a person with vision, this is exactly why the forward position will be someplace he can do much better in. His running will also not be limited to just up and down and he'll have freedom of movement. He seems to have worked quite well on his power and accuracy with his weak leg as well, so it would be ideal to shift him. The only problem would be a lack of plan B when he plays up-front as he'd be too short for long balls or crosses.

And your right. To sell him would be retarded. Mental suggestion.

I heard about the Doyle rumours. It wouldnt be a particularly bad signing. He is a good player, but thats not exactly what we should be going for. We need a player to start alongside RvP, straight-away. Not back-up. Signing Doyle would show no intent on our part.

The Alvarez story that I heard is that he will decide this week on whether its gonna be Inter or Arsenal.

Oh and Vela news that I posted yesterday(that he'd be playing at left back) was a joke apparently. Dodged a bullet.

I heard about the Doyle rumours. It wouldnt be a particularly bad signing. He is a good player, but thats not exactly what we should be going for. We need a player to start alongside RvP, straight-away. Not back-up. Signing Doyle would show no intent on our part.

The Alvarez story that I heard is that he will decide this week on whether its gonna be Inter or Arsenal.

Oh and Vela news that I posted yesterday(that he'd be playing at left back) was a joke apparently. Dodged a bullet.

Doesn't moving Walcott into that position sort that problem out?

It might, but I dont think next season should be testing grounds. My personal opinion is that Walcott would be suited to playing up-front. He did well for England there and his former club, there. But, theres every possibility that he might not and not to have a player to replace the failed player would cost us another season. Instead, sign an experienced player who will leave in a few years or loan a quality player for a season. Make Walcott an understudy. In games we are winning or easier games, shift Walcott to the forward position.

I still feel Walcott is doing quite well as a winger. Hes progressing well and barring his injuries is a very important first team player for us. His speed is unmatched by most defenders. There are only a handful who are intelligent enough to handle him.

Gael Clichy in 2009: "I really believe if you are a player who thinks only about money then you could end up at Manchester City"

2011: Gael Clichy Joins Manchester City

:giggle: