EA bans gamer for trolling on forums, cant play his games

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6459941/1

Really EA? Taking online life this seriously?

Post by member who got banned:

So.

My other account got suspended yesterday for 72 hours. My suspended v_ware account has all my Bioware games registered to it. My other games are Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening. I have played every game off Bioware since KOTOR, which is my favourite game of all time.

Since I have these other games and off course have played the DA2 demo, my previously unlocked DA2 content is assigned to this account.

When I got the mail I was curieus. I wanted to know what I did that was offensive. The mail stated that I was suspended for inappropriate content. There was no further explenation to what the particular reason was.

On EA Live Chat they told me that that I said: "Have you sold your souls to the EA devil?" (This is a quote, don't suspend me again)

Now, those are the words I said, you can't argue with that. I'm not going to try and sugarcoat that, let me just say in my defense, I have always been a pretty reasonable person on this forum. So I agree that you guys suspended my account from the forums for 72 hours. Btw, this is the first time I got suspended.

What I don't agree with is that I can't activate my new DA2 game.

This is the deal. I just got my Bioware Signature Edition from the store. I allready knew I was going to play it without the extra content since I can't activate my extra codes. What I did not know was that I needed to activate the game before being abble to play it. So now I've got a dead game for 50 euros. Pity.

So for your consideration. Please let someone who payed for his game at least play it.

Arno

x

PS: Don't really know where to post this, since I'm unable to post in the technical support forum because I don't have an activated game. Figured it may get more attention from the mods here anyway. And pm'ing Chris Priestly is just sort of rude.

PSS: No trolling and no flaming. I knew what I did was wrong, the mods were right to suspend me, but being unable to play a game you bought seems a little steep.

Mod's response:

Please review the EA Community Terms of Service, particularly sections #9 and #11. There are two levels of enforcement here:

1. BioWare community bans are forum-only and can be for as little as 24 hours. These bans should have no effect on your game, only your ability to use all the features of this website/community. these bans are handed out by BioWare Moderators as the result of our travels around the forum and/or issues reported by fellow community members.

2. EA Community bans come down from a different department and are the result of someone hitting the REPORT POST button. These bans can affect access to your game and/or DLC.

Because the BioWare community now operates under the same umbrella as all EA Communities, community members here have all explicitly agreed to abide by and be governed by both sets of rules. Consider it an added incentive to follow the rules you say you're going to follow.

If there are further questions or concerns, please send them to me via private message. Thank you.

End of line.

Note to self. Dont register there. :lol:

That's just insane... If zodak were on the playstation forums then he'd be banned twice over :lol:

Yep. And they would lock him out of all the games he would buy.

Oh sorry, you said Zodak. Yeah they cant do sh*t to him.

I feel for that guy

tell him to find an old rude chinese monk,

learn kung fu from him & then go kick EA's arses

kidding aside

Aag se nahi, Paani se Khelo

Aag se nahi, Paani se Khelo

EA, tum mera mu mein le lo.....

Courtesy Paaaaaa :hug:

I am really getting to hate EA retards... ever time I see them in news.. it is for wrong reason..

Feel sorry for the guy...

Trust me they keep doing such stuff I am sure people will start avoiding them and their games...

this isn't the first time this is happening. ncsoft does it all the time with their games. anytime you buy an ncsoft mmo like guild wars or aion or something, you have to link it to your plaync.com master account. if they decide to ban you for trolling on the forum of one game, say goodbye to all your games linked to your account. i've even read that they keep charging the monthly fee for the mmo subscription after banning you from it, although i don't believe that can be true but who knows right?

I am really getting to hate EA retards... ever time I see them in news.. it is for wrong reason..

Feel sorry for the guy...

Trust me they keep doing such stuff I am sure people will start avoiding them and their games...

like people avoid booby kotick's game?

Archived