Vivendi May Sell Activision Blizzard to Microsoft or Time Warner

Vivendi bought acti-blizz for 4bn$ and now selling for 10bn$ . Smart move , its only down hill for acti-blizz now . With no guitar hero and only COD/Blizz games its gonna be interesting to see sales of the Blops2.

Yep. MW3 was down (even if it was a small decline) when compared to BO. Its map packs have been on sale a couple of weeks after release. CoD wont be on top forever. And Acti pretty much put all their eggs in the CoD basket after closing down almost every other studio they had. So that leaves Blizz who are making PC specific games which wont find many takers on the console market.

Makes no sense for either platform holder (MS, Sony or Ninty) to put money into this. Esp not for 10 billion. Would be a terrible investment.

Of course having said that, bitter fanboys are always fun. So go for it MS.

^^ yup , i honestly dont see Blops2 topping 1 with all the killers out this year.

Troll Vivendi :lol:

Blizzard is rock solid as it was before ..

The pre-orders of Black Ops 2 are already more than the MW3 and Black Ops

Plus their partnership with Bungie

I don't see Acti going downhill

Preorders might be high , but we need to see sales after it releases (what if it bombs in reviews? ) . And dont look at only COD , GH gave them f**kton of money and now its dead . Also dont forget WOW , which is also gone down a lot compared to 2006-2008 when it was at its peak. SC2 and D3 arent titles thats gonna ever work on consoles .

This isnt the same as buying some exclusive. Is buying this company worth it in the long run? What if the FPS craze dies out?

If Nintendo bought Square during the PS1 era it might have seemed like a great idea and turned tables in PS1 vs N64, but whats happened to the great FF franchise now?

10bn$ is HUUUGE , you can say MS is rich or watever but the reason they ARE rich is coz of smart decisions and this doesnt seem like one.

Also COD thrives because it is multiplatform , making it exclusive might end up hurting its sales (Could start losing to its competitors ). I think the big three have many expenses in their next gen consoles anyway . Spend money on making and promoting new games.

Why would sony wanna buy Activision? I don't think that will prove to be a good strategy. I strongly believe they can find better ways to invest 10 billion.

Exactly , 10 billion for a handful of top games , the publishers would be in a loss from the get go , sony is already suffering billions dollars worth losses , if they buy this AVB combo , it would be doomsday , plus gamers would stop playing call of duty since PS3 Controller is not that suited for shooters

Vivendi bought acti-blizz for 4bn$ and now selling for 10bn$ . Smart move , its only down hill for acti-blizz now . With no guitar hero and only COD/Blizz games its gonna be interesting to see sales of the Blops2.

Buying square would be the dumbest move ever . Their games already sell much more on Sony platforms (And Japan is their main target) , whats the point of buying them? Its not gonna convince many Xbox owners to switch over to. PS3. And buying Square Enix at this point they are probably bigger than SCE .

and there is no way ND will make crash bandicoot , they already stated they have no more interest in traditional platformers coz it doesnt sell anymore.

Buying Square Enix ,will be one of the best decision ...atleast much better than buying Actvision.. Final Fantasy,Hitman,Tomb Raider ,JUst cause all these games are not just for Japan but are bigger hit in western countries.

also lara Croft,Agent 47 as Playstation Brand Mascot would be Awesome idea...marketing wise.

Sony will never look back again if they buy Square enix but that happening is a distant dream.

Also i think ND will love to make Crash Bandicoot,afterall they were the ones created it and they would like to get their hands on it again. They will make exception for crash series.

You didnt get what i was trying to say . These games are already More popular on Sony platforms (dunno about tomb raider yet) , so there is no point spending billions of dollars to buy out the company.

Think about it , Final Fantasy sells 80% on PS3 and 20% on Xbox . What is the point of spending 10bn$ to get to attract that small 20% of fans to switch over to PS3? . Now if say MS had bought GTA exclusive to Xbox back then , thats a huge 17m people from PS2 who might switch over.

Also Square Enix is a bigger company than ActiBlizz , they do a lot more stuff other than games . And things that arent gonna help sony in anyway , what they gonna do? make a Playstation anime? or action figures.

Edit : Also this whole mascot gimmick and stuff died in the genesis era , nobody cares about mascot characters or anything nowadays. It worked well back then coz majority of gamers were kids and having a cool looking mascot on your console would get kids to buy it over some fat plumber.

skylanders is going to be their next big thing, along with destiny and titan. i think they still have a couple of tricks up their sleeves once COD starts going down.

What if Sony aquires them? Next Xbox dead? COD will be PS3 exclusive, Bungie will make Halo rip offs for PS3. They should quit R&D and buy Activision Blizzard. :rofl:

what does bungie has to do with it ?

bungie is private company they can sign deal with Ea or 2k to publish their game

You didnt get what i was trying to say . These games are already More popular on Sony platforms (dunno about tomb raider yet) , so there is no point spending billions of dollars to buy out the company.

Think about it , Final Fantasy sells 80% on PS3 and 20% on Xbox . What is the point of spending 10bn$ to get to attract that small 20% of fans to switch over to PS3? . Now if say MS had bought GTA exclusive to Xbox back then , thats a huge 17m people from PS2 who might switch over.

Also Square Enix is a bigger company than ActiBlizz , they do a lot more stuff other than games . And things that arent gonna help sony in anyway , what they gonna do? make a Playstation anime? or action figures.

Edit : Also this whole mascot gimmick and stuff died in the genesis era , nobody cares about mascot characters or anything nowadays. It worked well back then coz majority of gamers were kids and having a cool looking mascot on your console would get kids to buy it over some fat plumber.

Okay.You have a point but what you are saying in the short run, may look not a bright idea .Now if you consider in the long run and the way sony is exlporing cloud gaming and all. This could be very smart move .

By mascot i did not meant ki start printing on consoles for kids and all.I mean to say a way to show how big and expansive playstation brand can look if characters like Lara Croft,Drake,Agent 4 ,ratchet and clank,sly etc. Marketing wise it would be look attractive .

How can you sell something for free? :doh:

arey paisa wala admi ke liya ek ps3 aur xbox free mein de diya toh kya bada baat hogaya...

^^ Nintendo posted profit of 1bn$ one year and then 500m$ loss next year . Gaming industry is very volatile , its not an easy decision to make. ( companies rise AND fall very very fast )

They need to see if COD ip is worth it , and blizzard will only go down by going to Xbox 360 or GFWL.

Kind of leadership MS has in Ballmer, they can run any thing into ground. not really kidding. At one point they wanted to buy yahoo for 50b$, turned out that counterparts were bigger nimrods to decline that. :rofl:

Still Acti-blizz is worth its salt.

Dont think MS takes GFWL seriously, probably that is why it sucks so much. :P

They released Fable on steam that kinda shows how much they trust it themselves. Obviously, Blizz own delivery system is tried and tested and will not be fiddled with. Blizz has discussed about having WoW on 360, they might finally able to do that.

Finally, I never understood nintendo's losses, I thought it was due to ¥ gaining against $, I really dont think there could be any other reason, they weren't too bad in sales.

Even if the deal goes further

MS will surely make Blizzard a separate entity ..

They will just buy Activision

Blizzard is already making games only for PC (and mac)

It just doesn't make sense buying them

The same funda why Sony shouldn't buy Square Enix

MS released Fable at the Steam shop not for Steamworks

It still uses GFWL AFAIK

And btw Ballmer has finest business skills

That's the reason why Microsoft is posting consistent profits and a YoY growth since a decade

And he has the support of 97% investors as the CEO , so he is just going nowhere

Metro UI , building an ecosystem is all possible because of Ballmer

why isnt it possible that even if MS buys acti and they still keep COD multi-platform?

i am sure MS dont want to be looked upon as evil coz its certainly not good business ethics even though it kills the competition,

think about how much sales/profit they would lose if its not selling COD on other consoles like PS3, compared to how much they would gain by keeping it xbox exclusive only,

i dont think people are going to start buying more xboxes just to play COD

but still MS really need a good reason to buy stake in acti other than cod exclusivity

think about how much sales/profit they would lose if its not selling COD on other consoles like PS3, compared to how much they would gain by keeping it xbox exclusive only,

There must be 10m PS3 CoD players, even by thinking conservatively, 20% of them move to Xbox for CoD, it's a big chunk considering they will spend on Live subs as well.

And MS will save the Live sub royalty which it shares with Acti.

Archived