Dark Souls

Shadoken

I still recommend starting over. From Blighttown onwards the challenge significantly ramps up. It's possible to progress but it will be unnecessarily difficult (and boring) without upgrades. Trust me, starting over and reaching where you are now should be quite easy. You'll be surprised.

hmm....Thanks for the reply !!

I just found a CRystal Sword..Can it be upgraded by Blacksmiths further ahead in the game ??

If NOT..then i will def. start OVER !!!! :)

Restart the game man. Andrei is the most important Blacksmith in the game. Without him it will be very difficult to clear the next areas. You need him to ascend weapons (i.e upgrading from +5 to +6 and +10 to +11). You cannot ascend weapons with Smithbox.

And crystal weapons are useless! You cannot repair them.

So because of occasional PvP, coop and clearing Painted World, I got a lot of souls.

Upgraded pyro flame to ascended +5, got Vit and End to 33, and then for some reason decided to invest in strength (tanking bosses was getting easier than dodging). Got it up to 28 now, at soul level 70.

How is a strength based PvP build ? I'm thinking of farming for the man serpent greatsword and getting strength up to 40 now. The most popular weapons in PvP seem to be the spear/halberd/axe but spear scales with Dex and others are too slow.

Also, I'm a little concerned I'm over levelled for the PvE now.

Restart the game man. Andrei is the most important Blacksmith in the game. Without him it will be very difficult to clear the next areas. You need him to ascend weapons (i.e upgrading from +5 to +6 and +10 to +11). You cannot ascend weapons with Smithbox.

And crystal weapons are useless! You cannot repair them.

Even i think i f*cked up !!!

have Restarted the game....

:(

Where do i get the first ember? I have two titinate chunks (Lightning) and an uchi+4.

Also after some random controller seizure which resulted in me randomly slashing at the bell gargoyle i got the weapon on its tail. Its not that good though.

Where do i get the first ember? I have two titinate chunks (Lightning) and an uchi+4.

Also after some random controller seizure which resulted in me randomly slashing at the bell gargoyle i got the weapon on its tail. Its not that good though.

It took me around 100 attempts to beat Bell gargoyle !!!!

:samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui: :samui:

Edited by ProblemSmoker

Guys, starting over isnt the worst thing to do. Trust me on this. You will be surprised how fast you end up beating bosses that took you forever. Experience in this game is greater than skill or Soul level or weapons or armor. At least in SP. Ask pbpoovannagamer, he started over after f**king up the same way.

So because of occasional PvP, coop and clearing Painted World, I got a lot of souls.

Upgraded pyro flame to ascended +5, got Vit and End to 33, and then for some reason decided to invest in strength (tanking bosses was getting easier than dodging). Got it up to 28 now, at soul level 70.

How is a strength based PvP build ? I'm thinking of farming for the man serpent greatsword and getting strength up to 40 now. The most popular weapons in PvP seem to be the spear/halberd/axe but spear scales with Dex and others are too slow.

Also, I'm a little concerned I'm over levelled for the PvE now.

Depends on your playstyle. But put it like this, everytime I invade or am Invaded and its a STR build guy swinging a big sword, I always think I would have to play badly to lose. Its harder than other builds IMO. A fast DEX build will dance circles around you.

I thought since I already had a lightning Uchi, which would take care of fast attacks, so for diversity I thought backup weapon could be exact opposite.

Now I guess I'm committed to Strength path :( No weapons scale sufficiently with both Strength and Dex (is there?), so no use putting the rest of the points into Dex now.

The problem with weapons that scale with stats is that to get halfway decent damage output on them you need to take a weapon to +13 or higher and have about 35+ in the stat you are going with. Which is why elemental weapons are so goddamn over-powerful.

For example a fully upgraded lightning Uchi does about 420 in damage and it only needs about 14 DEX to use. On the other hand a +15 Uchi that scales with DEX does the same damage if you have 35-40 DEX. Which is ridiculous when you consider you can save about 25+ Levels and still get around the same damage in a lightning weapon.

Granted you can always buff non elemental weapons but any advantage that gives is SERIOUSLY nullified by the amount of Levels you save using an elemental weapon. One of my characters is a SL 55 guy with a lightning Uchi and a Queelags Furysword and he absolutely wrecks in PvP.

• Like 1

But I can always use elemental weapons anyway..

The question is where do I put in the points when I level up ? Already got Vit and End to high levels. Not using magic at all, so Int and Faith are out. Options are either strength or dexterity. I'm at 30 strength and 14 dex now, should I go all strength or can i still make a decent dex build ?

^^ Now that you have put so many points on STR, try the black knight greatsword. I have upgraded it to +5 and even with a character with low STR I get 300+ damage. With your 28 STR character the damage will be much more.

Not that much more. Its scaling is really average. And it is REAAALY slow. And you cannot buff it with anything. Black Knight Halbred is a super weapon on the other hand, even if you cant enchant it. Great range, really fast and solid damage output. But still the disadvantage is you cannot buff it.

TBH you should have just stayed at SL 50-60. That would have given you many more options to do PvP. You dont have to level up just because you have Souls. Just buy upgrade items with it.

But since that ship has already sailed I would advise stick with STR. Get your INT to +15 so you can use the Great magic weapon spell. Find yourself the Manserpent Greatsword. Get it up to +15. Fully maxxed with 35ish STR and the great Magic weapon buff it will do like 600-700 Damage or something. Super useful for the DLC bosses. Not so useful for PVP because all STR weapons are kinda slow.

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 1

Black Knight Greatsword needs to drop first :mellow:

I've killed all the black knights so far in the game and not found the sword. Also it requires 18 Dex to use in addition to strength.

Thanks Afty, will try that out.

Both Great Club and Large Club are also decent STR alternatives.

As long as you can get used to the slow moveset and the slow roll, you can do ok with STR weapons. Advantage is since you are never really gonna have a fast roll (the weapons alone weigh like 10+ at least) you can afford to wear heavy armor, get a heavy shield and just tank bosses.

I keep my equip burden below 50% at all times. I have equipped the silver knight shield +5, elite knight armor +7 and the ring of favor and protection. With 10 weight of the man serpent greatsword, I can keep it just below 50%.

Yes bro..It took me 5 hours to reach where i was earlier,after choosing a different class & restarting ...!!! :)
Experience is the Key !!
Btw,have anyone noticed? There is a glitch in undead BURG.One can get unlimited souls & level up to the point one wants to...!!!
I have build a LEVEL 45 Knight in undead parish itself.All enemies are like bacha log in front of my character :)

Guys, starting over isnt the worst thing to do. Trust me on this. You will be surprised how fast you end up beating bosses that took you forever. Experience in this game is greater than skill or Soul level or weapons or armor. At least in SP. Ask pbpoovannagamer, he started over after f**king up the same way.

Edited by ProblemSmoker

Yes bro..It took me 5 hours to reach where i was earlier,after choosing a different class & restarting ...!!! :)
Experience is the Key !!
Btw,have anyone noticed? There is a glitch in undead BURG.One can get unlimited souls & level up to the point one wants to...!!!
I have build a LEVEL 45 Knight in undead parish itself.All enemies are like bacha log in front of my character :)

:blink: Level 45 in undead Parish? I think you are talking about the area behind the door in Darkroot garden.