The Android Thread

pArth

https://www.samsungindiamarketing.com/galaxys4/home.aspx

Good deal or should be worth waiting for snapdragon 800 model ?

After S4 Active turned out to be lame, i am skeptic how this new model will turn out, apparently it has a 4.99 inch screen :|

Why is the S4 Active lame? Been planning to get it, any reason in particular to watch out for? Any advice would be helpful at this point... Just can't decide between the S4, ZR and Active.

Any place to get good quality ringtones from ? mp3 format mein. I used to rely on Zedge a lot before but yesterday when i tried to there after a big gap the site seems to be down. I want specific parts from popular songs or themes from movies and music albums. Zedge used to have almost all important stuff and with good quality and proper ringtone size (~10 secs).

some other place ?

• Like 1

I recommend making the ringtones yourself if you aren't too lazy. All you need is a good song, some swagger, and some audacity.

Or if you are just interested in the beginning of a song, any good music player app will have an option to set it as ringtone.

Sorry, i dont know any zedgy kind of apps.

But zedge gives random ringtones which are very good like TDK OST, KISS ME from dairy milk, Sherlock etc. I don't know how this is gonna work but I am sure it won't give me that kind of stuff. Will check.

I am surprised there aren't any zedgy type of app in the play store. A store which has 100+ apps for everything including how to knot a tie

@ wolfy

downloading it, lets see if it is noob friendly :nerves:

It works like a charm. tinker with it, you'll get the hang of it soon.

There are similar apps for android too, but i hate having to set the correct place in the song on a phone, with my grubby large hands. always get the position slightly wrong.

Any place to get good quality ringtones from ? mp3 format mein. I used to rely on Zedge a lot before but yesterday when i tried to there after a big gap the site seems to be down. I want specific parts from popular songs or themes from movies and music albums. Zedge used to have almost all important stuff and with good quality and proper ringtone size (~10 secs).

some other place ?

get this app from Play store which has all the classic SNES game rigntones, it is awesome

Edit: or nemo use iTunes to create the ringtones, it is f**k easy

Edit 2: will PM you in a while on how to do that

Edited by avkash

get this app from Play store which has all the classic SNES game rigntones, it is awesome

Edit: or nemo use iTunes to create the ringtones, it is f**k easy

Edit 2: will PM you in a while on how to do that

I used audacity even when i had an iphone :fear:

:lol: it is so so so easy

instead of PM, I will post it here itself, take a look at this link and then proceed till step 3 first line. Don't bother about the further needed ridiculous steps you need to do to make it work on an iPhone.

I have Nate's theme 3.0 as my ringtone on the iPhone 5, had it on the S2 as well

Why is the S4 Active lame? Been planning to get it, any reason in particular to watch out for? Any advice would be helpful at this point... Just can't decide between the S4, ZR and Active.

One of the most crappiest cams i ever seen just like Xperia SP

Guys Will the SGS4 S800 Release globally ? and will it hit indian stores anytime soon ?

And where did you end up testing the S4 active

Well i posted some videos here of normal light & low light, which were done by phonearena , the camera seems to have slight jitters during movement & audio feels sharp than usual i mean it in a bad way also in the review done by gsmarena, some pics have washed out objects like even nearby leaves etc

And if this is priced as same as SGS4 then i think only people who rarely use a phone camera should go for it, of course this is my opinion & people should try it at the store when it releases here

Motorola is rolling out its first ad for its upcoming Moto X tomorrow, one day before Americans kick off Independence Day celebrations. This is no coincidence. Motorola wants its Made-In-The-USA smartphone to stir patriotism in the hearts of consumers across the country. Yet that is just the beginning. Not only is the company pushing the Moto X as the first smartphone designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA, it's calling it the first smartphone that you can design yourself. If you're an American, this statement skips over platitudes of individual liberty and hits you straight in the gut. How can you not want to buy this phone? I'm feeling all kinds of awful for having just dropped so many Benjamins on an HTC one.

nexusae0_MotoX-Ad_thumb.jpg

Patriotism aside, what could Motorola mean when it calls the Moto X the first phone that can be designed by consumers? This has the potential to be quite the selling point, and since it will appear in The New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal and Washington Post tomorrow, quite a few people are going to see it. But if Motorola just rolls out the ability to pick between multiple CPUs and plaster a custom graphic on the back of a plastic case, it will hardly be anything revolutionary. Granted, that could lead to some pretty obnoxious looking phones, and what's more American than that?

Looking at the ad, maybe the phone will be called X1? At least that's what the two people in the pic are shaped like :scratchchin:

Edited by Somebody