Don Bradman Cricket '14- Knockout Tournament !

Man In The Box

UPDATE

If we end up getting 8 players and have this knockout tournament, the winner will get a DBC 14 STEELBOOK !!!

A huge thanks to FT-9 for giving away a DBC 14 Steelbook for the tournament :hug:

UPDATE

Yeah. To be honest, I don't think we will be getting 8 players anyway. So this will be reduced to a 6 player tournament

Format: Each player plays 1 game against his opponent in a 40 over match.

The person who wins the 40 over match gets 3 points

The person who wins the 40 over match with more than 50 runs (when batting first) gets a +1 bonus point

The person who wins the 40 over match with more than 5 overs to spare (when batting second) and with atleast 3 wickets remaining gets a +1 bonus point.

No points for losing.

Thus, every person will have a total of 5 games to play. Tournament period will now be from 14 June- 6 July. I know that the patch is coming out on 13th itself but I want to give as much time as possible for people to finish the games.

Playing five 40 over games in 22 days is not a hard task. Even if we take 3 days to complete 1 game, we should be done by 15 days.

How to have a knockout tournament with 6 players? Suggestions?

One variation can be if we change it to 2 groups of 3 players. The group members play 1 match with the 2 members in their group and bonus points apply. The winners of each group face each other in the finals. The only problem with this can be that all 3 players can have the equal number of points which can be a hassle :scratchchin:

I personally feel the league shouldn't be an issue as all 6 players here are serious and regular. There are no newcomers in the tournament.

Wait for 2 more players to join in. Whats the hurry??? Still lots of time left.

I just don't see 2 more players joining in. I have a good idea of the IVG DBC community and have spoken via PM with other regulars as well. None of them have the time for the tournament unfortunately.

2 groups of 3 players is best imo.

What if A beats B, B beats C and C beats A- all without a bonus point? What is the solution then ? Deciding winners on Net Run Rate would be quite harsh but I would want others to give their views on this. If all are for 2 groups of 3 and NRR determining who goes through in case of points being level, then I am all for this format.

I prefer league but we cant be sure if everyone would be able to complete their games on time. So deciding the winner when a couple of people don't complete their games would be unfair too. So it'd be better to have groups and a final.

with digital release at low price you may get more people

No point having newcomers who will probably not want to play full 50 overs online at the beginning anyway.

Let's stick to it then. 2 groups of 3 players- 40 overs. Winner of the groups go to the finals for the DBC Steelbook prize.

I will be using the site 'Random.org' which is a free site that picks out names from a list on a random basis. The 2nd, 4th and 6th names will be in Group A and the 1st, 3rd, and 5th names will be in Group B.

The names will be put in the list in the order of participation, i.e., the first guy who posted in this thread asking to join the tournament will be first in the list; followed by the next 5 in the same order.

I will post a video recording of the whole sorting process :)

This should be done tomorrow by 10 PM.

The draw has been completed guys !

Check out the video for the results !

So the groups are:

Group A:

Silent Assassin/ silentasssasssin

Chewie/ filmguy2013

Chief/ T0P-N0TCH-PLAYER

Group B:

Billa/ Billa_1981

funnyadit/ funnyadit

arv95/ maverick_989