THE 'PS3 and PSP FIRMWARE' THREAD

THE DIRECTOR

is this link good for updating on a NTSC-JP (HK) Console.

yes

How come the US site does not has it as yet. they are still on 2.01 I normally download it from there but thanks a ton dude...

Updated to 2.10, no issues so far. Tried a couple of Divx and Xvids (Maria Ozawa videos :wallbash: ), worked without a hitch. I can now dump all my Divx collection, movies, game reviews/previews, TV episodes on PS3 hdd. The time to upgrade your PS3 hard drive has come.

Btw, now you can go to Gametrailers.com on PS3 browser and download those HD wmv videos directly to PS3. You can do background downloads and lineup all the HD goodness in download manager. No need for the middleman PC anymore. Gotta find a new 250 GB hdd for PS3 now :dance:

remember to buy one for me when you are in the US - the seagate momentus 7200 series are fast and reliable!

Sure, I was holding out for DivX support before upgrading the hard drive. Now only if they add better video management feature in XMB...

this is the link for NTSC-J consoles (the md5 checksum is identical to the us release)

http://dsa01.ps3.update.playstation.net/up...58/PS3UPDAT.PUP

V

Vinit so the link KC put was for PAL System?? cause i have a HK Console so i should use the link you have put??

KC's link was for US consoles - that file is identical to the NTSC-J firmware file, but i've provided the direct link for the south asian (ntsc-j) firmware just in case.

V

this is the link for NTSC-J consoles (the md5 checksum is identical to the us release)

http://dsa01.ps3.update.playstation.net/up...58/PS3UPDAT.PUP

V

Vinit so the link KC put was for PAL System?? cause i have a HK Console so i should use the link you have put??

that link worked for me, i updated my hk ps3 using that

now you can go to Gametrailers.com on PS3 browser and download those HD wmv videos directly to PS3. You can do background downloads and lineup all the HD goodness in download manager. No need for the middleman PC anymore. :)

I am sure gonna try this tonight. Wow! Things are only getting better and better for PS3.

an easy trick to use when the a new firmware is announced:

EXAMPLE:

http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/us/2007_1218_08393f1bd8e91589c95837142caf0a58/PS3UPDAT.PUP

replace dus01 with dsa01/duk01 (for south asia, uk respectively)

replace /us/ with /sa/, /uk/ (for south asia, uk respectively)

V

updated to 2.1 - cant play any 1080p VC1/wmv files off the network - gives a black screen with an error code. will try playing it off my usb hdd later.

V

edit: doesnt play back 1080p wmv/vc1 (even a 80mb sample)

Dude coping your Divx files on to your PS3 Hdd is so cool... This is forsure a big advantage for the ppl who own PS3 against 360 owners fantastic... Need to get a bigger HDD now can anyone suggest me which is a good one to put and how to put... :jumpy:

an easy trick to use when the a new firmware is announced:

EXAMPLE:

http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/us/2007_1218_08393f1bd8e91589c95837142caf0a58/PS3UPDAT.PUP

replace dus01 with dsa01/duk01 (for south asia, uk respectively)

replace /us/ with /sa/, /uk/ (for south asia, uk respectively)

V

Thanks V. That'll come in handy :)

Dude coping your Divx files on to your PS3 Hdd is so cool... This is forsure a big advantage for the ppl who own PS3 against 360 owners fantastic... Need to get a bigger HDD now can anyone suggest me which is a good one to put and how to put... :jumpy:

If you read V's post, he recommends the Seagate Momentus 7200 series (2.5" SATA). Now, as to how to put the hdd inside the ps3, there are many guides if you search on google or even youtube :)

Archived