Diablo 3

Aftrunner

The Mystic properties are the yellow ones right? I'd imagine that they would also give some sort of visual indicator that the DPS had been modified if it had in fact been modified. I'm more inclined to believe that 3000dps really is the new threshold at level 70. Blizzard does this with every expansion for WoW. Old gear is instantly made worthless by the upgraded gear you get in an expansion. I expect level 60 legendaries will match up to early blues/yellows (from let's say 61 to 63) and will then get replaced by expansion items.

Yep 3000dps is the new threshold, these are i70 items after all.

I believe the true potential to be even higher as there's no +xx % damage roll on the showcased items. I wouldn't be too surprised to see 4000dps 1h, or even higher in the case of 2h weapons.

Way I see it, the Star affixes are Legendary affixes and the Gold Coin affixes are those 'bought' from the Mystic (hence the Account Bound tag).

Edited by Saumil

• New Gem - Diamond
    • Weapons: increases damage to Elites (3% @ Flawed)
    • Helms: reduces cooldown of skills (11% @ Flawed)
    • Armor: increases All Resistance (10 @ Flawed)
  • Nephalem Valor now stacks from very early levels (confirmed for 30+)
  • Followers now have side-quests in Act V.
  • Here's what you'll get if you don't buy the expansion:
    • Paragon 2.0
    • Loot 2.0
    • Loot Runs
    • Nephalem Trials
  • These are expected to come pre-expansion
  • More expected to be announced during/before Blizzcon

via - http://www.diablofans.com/news/1984-the-massive-expansion-recap-everything-we-know-so-far/

Diablo 3 review

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-29-diablo-3-console-review

looks like console versions are indeed the definite versions

"If anything, with all your skills under the fingers of one hand and direct character control, you can now play more instinctively. An evade move on the right stick, which lets you change position while attacking - never possible in the PC game - is a massive boon. The biggest beneficiaries of the move from mouse to pad are the melee classes, the Monk and Barbarian. The latter feels especially right, unleashing his mighty slams as you drum the buttons, brawling away. But the ranged Wizard and Demon Hunter also play beautifully. It's only the indirect style of the Witch Doctor, with his summons and skills that do progressive damage over time, which feels like an awkward fit."

Edited by sudarsan

Sorry for the n00bness but why was the PC version of Diablo 3 panned by almost everyone? Apart from auction house what were the other factors that led gamers to rage on blizzard?

i think

1. bad loot system forcing user to buy stuff from AH.

2. Always online.

3. map being small or something

i believe first two are the main reasons from what I heard of

Edited by sudarsan

Game Informer – 9.25/10

Concept:

Redesign the PC original for consoles while retaining all of the depth and replayability

Graphics:

Impressive physics and special effects make up for the lack of detail on the miniature character models

Sound:

Diablo III’s soundtrack is largely forgettable, but the sound effects nicely complement the absurd action

Playability:

Having direct control over your character’s movement is liberating. I can’t imagine going back to the PC’s point-and-click interface, PC gamers were flipping out when I said something similar to this few months ago

Entertainment:

Everything you love about Diablo III is here, minus the PC version’s more controversial components. What more could you ask for?

Replay:

High

Edited by sudarsan

i think

1. bad loot system forcing user to buy stuff from AH. (biggest irritant that turned many people away)

2. Always online. (was a problem in the beginning due to crazy lag and people dying in game due to the lag but later online play was near seamless and i am always connected to the net if my comp is on so it never bothered me)

3. map being small or something (game was too short)

also add - zero RPG elements

lack of variety in build for any class

no proper PVP

positives - extremely good and fluid combat

environmental physics & effects

Impressive visuals and UI

lot of enemy variety

challenging at higher difficulties (inferno MP 7, 8, 9, 10)

encourages playing with others (better loot drop chance) and seamless drop in drop out 4 player coop

Mostly D3 suffers from bad public perception from a very vocal community owing to the less than stellar launch, and the very fact that it wasn't D2 (there's so much butthurt over that last part, it's amusing).

As for always-online, that is a non-issue.

Actually it's better. When I make an end-game character, I want it to mean something. Something that can't be duplicated by a two-minute hex edited character decked out in all the best gear with no effort put into it.

It wasn't exactly 'fixed' in the console version. Rather the console version is just a more casual version of Diablo aimed at the 4-player couch experience where always-online serves no purpose.

Edited by Saumil
  • Like 1

I am not a hardcore ARPG'er but D3 is "the" best game I have played in that catagory. I have played WitchDoctor on all difficulties and I am looking forward to start another class and play it all over again. In contrast, and despite all the communiity hype with Torchlight2, I can't even play past one hour mark.

I am not a hardcore ARPG'er but D3 is "the" best game I have played in that catagory. I have played WitchDoctor on all difficulties and I am looking forward to start another class and play it all over again. In contrast, and despite all the communiity hype with Torchlight2, I can't even play past one hour mark.

Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing beats the combat feel of Diablo 3. All the pretenders contenders like Torchlight and POE and even Marvel Heroes which I completed fall flat when you compare their combat to D3. That's why I can't get myself to play any other ARPG in which you spend 95% of your time in combat.

• Like 1

Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing beats the combat feel of Diablo 3. All the pretenders contenders like Torchlight and POE and even Marvel Heroes which I completed fall flat when you compare their combat to D3. That's why I can't get myself to play any other ARPG in which you spend 95% of your time in combat.

This. I thought torchlight was okay ( but still couldn't drag myself to finish it) but TL2 was an absolute snoozefest. Other game I've been playing, Van Helsing, is pretty decent in terms of music/atmosphere but come combat, which is what ARPGs are all about, it gets boring fast. Even the addition of powerups can't do much to save it's face.

Combat terms D3 is still king.

i think

1. bad loot system forcing user to buy stuff from AH.

2. Always online.

3. map being small or something

1, yes - thought I was fortunate to get gear from others ;p

2. Meh, this has been done and over with. AO was mentioned a year before it was released and people bitch about it. Get over it already

3. Maps being small? No. I thought D3 maps were small and D2 maps were huge - and been playing D2 off late (past 2-3 weeks) and at 1920x1080 (thanks to D2multires), what seemed like humongous at 640x480 is ridiculously small now. People bitch about D3 because they wanted D2 with upgraded 3D engine, and they didn't get it. At some places, I agree. The music in D2 just wipes D3, the questline is corny but somewhat believable (till you begin Act 5 anyway). But in terms of pure gameplay, D3 > D2. I still can't believe people whine and bitch about no stats allocating when freakin' do the same thing what D3 does automatically. Oh boo hoo, you wanted to put one point into STR instead of VIT. Cry me a river.

Combat is absolutely perfect in D3. Unleashing a Zombie Bear stampede right smack in the middle of 50 skeletons never gets old :D.

But I don't disagree with the custom stat point allocation mechanic in D2 and PoE.

It lets items be items and stats be stats. Which is the #1 problem with D3's itemization right now; that items ARE stats and any item without stats is automatically garbage.

Skill point allocation however is quite a meaningless hurdle to overcome on your way to properly enjoy an arpg. You have to ruin 3 characters before you can begin to make a somewhat playable character?

Theory-crafters might enjoy that sort of thing, but the follower horde just reads up on guides and emulates them because the majority do not want to waste time leveling 2 characters before they realize they made a character destroying mistake along the way and are forced to start over.

I'd rather have every skill available to me at all times so I don't have to roll multiple heroes of the same class just so I can enjoy a different build.

Even D2 (gospel) allows for infinite skill point respecs now.

• Like 1

What's your BattleTag? I am playing a Witch Doctor too.

No one on IVg playing this on the ps3 ?

I am a level 20 Demon Hunter now, somewhere in act 2 , looking for the blood of a dude whose head we just found :P ! Game looks beautiful and once u get past the fact that u cannot choose which skills to unlock, th game is actually a LOT of fun ! I have an extra Legendary Armour which I am willing to trade for a Demon Hunter Legendary Crossbow or Bow.

Anyone else here who wants to co op please PM me. The game is so much fun in co op that I think GTA V will just have to wait till I am completely done with this. Theres something fun about Dungeon Crawlers that these New games just can't match. Just watch me plough through them demon crowds with powers in this one ! B)

No one on IVg playing this on the ps3 ?

I am a level 20 Demon Hunter now, somewhere in act 2 , looking for the blood of a dude whose head we just found :P ! Game looks beautiful and once u get past the fact that u cannot choose which skills to unlock, th game is actually a LOT of fun ! I have an extra Legendary Armour which I am willing to trade for a Demon Hunter Legendary Crossbow or Bow.

Anyone else here who wants to co op please PM me. The game is so much fun in co op that I think GTA V will just have to wait till I am completely done with this. Theres something fun about Dungeon Crawlers that these New games just can't match. Just watch me plough through them demon crowds with powers in this one ! B)

inb4 Kuile story bro.

I actually like that it (eventually) unlocks all skills, it's fun to mix and match and play. Esp when you're powerlevelling others